GS 4 from Hero to Zero.

Eurantien.4632

Pre-Change For GS, the skill damage coefficients goes from highest to lowest damage:

1. Maul
  2. Counterattack = 3rd chain autoattack (also an evade)
  3. Crippling throw = swoop
  4. Autoattack, Maybe? I don't care.

Post-Change (current)

1. Maul
  2. Counterattack = 3rd chain autoattack (no longer an evade)
  3. Swoop (crippling throw removed from the game)
  4. Autoattack, Maybe, I don't care

Post New Balance Patch:

1. Maul (longer CD)
  2. Swoop (lower dmg)
  3. Third Chain autoattack (even lower dmg than swoop)
  4. Auto chain 2
  5. Auto chain 1
  6. counterattack = hilt bash = 0 dmg.

In 2 balance patches the Greatsword has gone from versatile melee weapon to, defensive melee weapon, with some weirdly hard hitting skills due to the bug that GS 4 uses itself twice-in -a-row to melee weapon with WAY less damage.

GS 4, our hardest hitting skill is now going to do 0 damage, as will hilt bash. Taking our 2nd hardest hitting skill and lowering it to 0 dmg is a huge nerf. Adding 10s to that skill's CD is an even bigger nerf. Then going further and nerfing EVERY OTHER SKILL on our bar is absolutely crazy.

Why is that crazy? Because our other weapon sets are so undertuned that GS is still our best choice! We will be forced to use it because all the other options are so much worse. it will still be seen as "too good" when in reality it is just the best of our bad options.

No weapon should EVER have all 5 of its skill nerfed. Insanity.

Eurantien relax you've been panicking for the last couple of days , the difference in damage after the patch is going to be much smaller between classes.Ranger GS autos 0.45/0.6/0.866Guardian 0.533/0.533/0.8Warrior: 0.469/0.6365/0.8375

And everything else is having the same treatment, those skills with a coefficient of 2.x/3.x have been normalized to under 2.0. If anything else the nerf to other classes is being a buff to our damage so our output is better in line with the rest of the classes.

For example:Eviscerate: Reduced power coefficient from 2.0/2.5/3.0 to 1.333/1.666/2.0.

Our maul:Maul: Reduced power coefficient from 1.75 to 1.5

There is not going to be more situations where other classes double our damage (or more) .

@anduriell.6280 said:Eurantien relax you've been panicking for the last couple of days , the difference in damage after the patch is going to be much smaller between classes.Ranger GS autos 0.45/0.6/0.866Guardian 0.533/0.533/0.8Warrior: 0.469/0.6365/0.8375

And everything else is having the same treatment, those skills with a coefficient of 2.x/3.x have been normalized to under 2.0. If anything else the nerf to other classes is being a buff to our damage so our output is better in line with the rest of the classes.

For example:Eviscerate: Reduced power coefficient from 2.0/2.5/3.0 to 1.333/1.666/2.0.

Our maul:Maul: Reduced power coefficient from 1.75 to 1.5

There is not going to be more situations where other classes double our damage (or more) .

The damage coefficients affect all the classes true, but do warriors and guards get increased cds like on swoop and maul? I suppose leap of faith had a similar cd increase to swoop, but no decrease in dmg....

• 3 weeks later...

I just can't get over GS.....like ....what in the absolute heck.... and that's putting it mildly.Just makes me so sad. It was such a fun thing!!!!!!GS 4 skill allowed you to run while blocking projectiles, maintaining the block until you triggered it or you blocked a melee strike. So you had this amazing animation like "I'm blocking blocking F*CK you as you released it from your grip. It was just amazing.Still sore about losing the evade auto.
Who am I kidding. I'll always be sore about this.:(

GS4 needs a shorter CD. In that way it could be a more defensive skirmisher weapon with (a very predictable) burst potential. Puts sword and dagger in a better place for straight DPS and gives GS a niche.

As it stands GS isn't very threatening DPS (it never was) and the defensive potential will never match what the auto-evade offered. Auto-evade deemed bad? Okay sure. But the CD at present on GS4 doesn't give enough for more defensive play.

If the final attack in the GS chain gives stamina and I'm expected to be rolling around, breaking my rotation, being more defensive and opportunistic I need that block to be more often. Because while I'm doing all that, I'm doing 0 damage as opposed to the mediocre but consistent damage I was doing pre-nerf.

The change was alright they just needed to go all in IMO. I see what they're trying to do with it. It's just not quite there.