Does anyone else think living story 5 is a nearly exact representation of Game of Thrones?

monkeyface.5627

Well, they're both poor quality fantasy writing, but other than that...no

Anet have been inspired by the episodic success of GoT as something they wanted to replicate in their Living World, but it hasn't translated really all that much, especially given they are very different fantasy sub-genres

I do expect to see correlations between trailers and other medias though. That is part and parcel of marketing to a wider audience

I got the same vibe when I saw the wall in the new side of the map. But I'd actually have to change my vote to No. They're similar in a lot of ways, but Jormag uses manipulation and seems to have some ulterior motive. The Night King just sought total domination through force. The magic they wield feels pretty similar, and the environments are same, but that's about it.

I do have to agree about the Wall though. It's the first thing I thought of when I saw it in the new map, and I love the feel it adds to the map. The whole aesthetic of this map is so much better than the other side in general though.

Now if Braham pulls an Arya and guts Jormag completely out of the blue, that's another story. lol

@"cptaylor.2670" said:I got the same vibe when I saw the wall in the new side of the map. But I'd actually have to change my vote to No. They're similar in a lot of ways, but Jormag uses manipulation and seems to have some ulterior motive. The Night King just sought total domination through force. The magic they wield feels pretty similar, and the environments are same, but that's about it.

I do have to agree about the Wall though. It's the first thing I thought of when I saw it in the new map, and I love the feel it adds to the map. The whole aesthetic of this map is so much better than the other side in general though.

Now if Braham pulls an Arya and guts Jormag completely out of the blue, that's another story. lol

That's what basically Aurene did to Joko, so basically GW2 prepared me for such a plot finale of the Night King xD

I think Season 5 will not be as rushed as other season, I can already say it's all about building a psychological tension, not leading us to have some cheap thrills.

@Arden.7480 said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:I got the same vibe when I saw the wall in the new side of the map. But I'd actually have to change my vote to No. They're similar in a lot of ways, but Jormag uses manipulation and seems to have some ulterior motive. The Night King just sought total domination through force. The magic they wield feels pretty similar, and the environments are same, but that's about it.

That's what basically Aurene did to Joko, so basically GW2 prepared me for such a plot finale of the Night King xD

I think Season 5 will not be as rushed as other season, I can already say it's all about building a psychological tension, not leading us to have some cheap thrills.

It's doing both though. The psychological stuff is there, but the payoff comes too quickly and too rushed. Drakkar is mentioned and a couple of events later we are assaulting it. We then go into a cave and Braham kills it with the Spirits. There's not much build up and a very quick pay off. This is the issue with only getting half episodes now, not full ones - we aren't getting much story depth