Balance Patch Preview - Global

Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Xervite.5493 said:Obsidian flesh change is absolutely justified, why should ele be the only class able to do stuff while being invulnerable? Engi and guard have iframe skill too which prevents them from doing anything. This is a good change so stop complaining.

There are many classes with skills that let them attack and be invulnerable Guardian focus 5(technicall block but no utility slot use so no dps loss) ranger stone signet warrior heal while getting hurt necro second health bar mesmer distort i'm sure there are more

So totally UNJUSTIFIED, Thank you!

Endure pain is not 100% immunity kthxbai, unless you meant Defiant Stance, in which case stop being a noob at attacking while Defiant Stance is up. You are right about distortion though. Nerf that too Anet!

yes, but condis applied before obsidian still effect the ele too if they are cc cripple immobe etc all classes are a bit different in the defence but i only meant it is not OP or stuff so hmm if its a compettitive decision pls keep it in pvp(not wvw) Ele is squishy enough! >.<

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:Hi!Thank's for good work!But...

Engineer:

• Overheat: Instead of disabling all toolbelt skills until all heat is lost, this skill now adds 15 seconds to the recharge of toolbelt skills other than Photon Forge. Photon Forge remains disabled until all heat is lost.A 3rd penality... It's already loses half of HP (1st penality) and become unable to reenter on Photon Forge until the cooling time finishes (2nd penality). Holosmith stills overpenalized.What happens if the player on purpose overheats to get access to 6 extra stacks of Solar Focusing Lens?Serious that the player will still unable to Drop Elixir S (for stealth) nor Drop Elxir B (for Stability) nor use Rumble (for Stability, break stun) nor Bandage Self (Medic Kit Heal) nor any other sustain skill?Some skills and traits stills uncompatible. This near breaks the Holosmith Elite.
  • Photonic Blasting Module: When this trait is equipped, the additional recharge penalty from Overheat is reduced from 15 seconds to 5 seconds.What the point of equip a trait that forces the player to have his profession mechanics locked and loss access to damage and self sustain?Stills uncompatible! Conflicting! Nigh broken!
  • Crystal Configuration: Eclipse: This trait no longer causes Corona Burst to grant stability. Increased base barrier granted from 374 to 991 in PvE and 748 in competitive modes.This closes the coffin door and buries the Holosmith!What the point of play a melee type that can't face CC?What the point of Crystal Configuration: Zephyr or Crystal Configuration: Storm?What the point of Enhanced Capacity Storage Unit?Still without tier 3 (100+ heat) exceed skills.Sword still not fine (or worse with nerf).Self burn on f1......Explosives: This traitline has been reworked, the new traits are as follows
  • Master
    • Aim Assisted Rocket (REWORK): Rockets are now only fired on critical hits. Rocket recharge reduced from 10 seconds to 3 seconds. Rockets now require the engineer to be at least 450 distance from the target to fire. Every 5th rocket instead calls an orbital strike.Very good improvement!But the 450 distance requeriment make it unusable with Bomb Kit, Flamethrower, Tool Kit, Photon Forge and Scrapper... May be healthy remove this distance requeriment.

Please, look the Engineer sub forum. There are severals suggestions to make Engineer Profession fun to play and capable of bring more players.Do not abandon the Engineer!

Srsly...necro rebalanced this way?...> @"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048" said:

Necromancer:

Necromancer has always been designed to be a resilient profession that was light on Stability. Since this update specifically is removing some stability from their traits we made sure to buff their stunbreak skills appropriately in response. Additionally we've fixed a few issues with minion responsiveness and buffed a few of the weaker minion command skills.

• Well of Power: Reduced the cooldown of this ability from 40 to 30 seconds in PvE only.
  • Plague Signet: Reduced the cooldown of this ability from 30 to 25 seconds in PvE only.
  • Spectral Armor: Reduced the cooldown of this ability from 40 to 30 seconds in PvE only.
  • Spectral Walk: Reduced the cooldown of this ability from 40 to 30 seconds anid the swiftness duration from 30 to 24 seconds in PvE only.
  • "Nothing can save you!": This skill now applies 5 stacks of the new unblockable for a flat 10 seconds with an additional 2 stacks for each foe hit (see General section for more details).
  • Minions: Necromancer minions will now play an effect when commanded to indicate that they will be using a special skill.
  • Rigor Mortis (Bone Fiend Command Skill): Bone Fiend will now respond immediately when commanded, interrupting its current action to perform the special attack.
  • Haunt (Shadow Fiend Command Skill): Increased radius from 120 to 300.
  • Flesh Wurm: Reduced the cooldown of this abiltiy from 32 to 25 seconds in PvE only.
  • Necrotic Traversal (Flesh Wurm Command Skill): Increased radius from 180 to 240
  • Doom: This ability now has a cast time and inflicts fear on your foe at 640ms. The fear duration has been increased from 1 second at a distance or 1.5 seconds at close proximity to 2 seconds on successful hit regardless of distance.
  • Death's Carapace: Added visual effect for this buff that updates based on the number of stacks the player has.
  • Foot in the Grave: This trait has been retired and been replaced by Eternal Life.
  • Eternal Life (NEW): Gain life force constantly up to a threshold while not in shroud. (66% in PvE, 20% in PvP & WvW) Gain protection when you enter shroud.
  • Flesh of the Master: Fixed a bug that could cause Death's Carapace stacks to be applied incorrectly by this trait.

Hope that next balance patch will remove necromancer class from the game...anyway its useless...

I ran into a Deadeye thief (Aka DE) who could use 'Death's Judgement' for a single shot damage of 18,080. So, while it is welcome to see a bit of a nerf to this via the "Reduced power coefficient from 1.65 to 1.11" a stealth attack that can attack so high should go back to having a longer tell. I swear there used to even be an audible tell to warn you about a DE using 'Death's Judgement' so you could avoid being snipped for 18,080 damage in a single attack.

But at least 12,150 damage is better then 18,080 after the nerf kicks in. Maybe then it would only take 3 attacks to quickly down my 20,000 health char instead of 2, or 1 if I was a elementalist.

Since this is their plan we should atleast get pet autoattack in beastmode too and rework of 80% pets... Ranger having 2 autoattacks would feel nice, just imagine jacaranda on condi build so you stack 5+different condis and hit more for each condition because thats what jacaranda aa is doing right now...Alot more depth would be added and this won t be such cheese class to play and would bring some strong condi builds combined with pet aa which could be used as cover condi and other things like i mentioned with jacaranda. Pet skills have long cd and having just 1 pet would make entering beastmode only rewarded with boons and cleanse if traited thats why i think giving ranger second autoattack along with other beast skills would make much more sense and feel the gap (even replace existing skill 1 with pet auttoattack something like mirage ambush but not that strong but still being able to get another aa from beastmode since you can leave it in 1 sec anyway would make much more sense. Also i think this is just good setup for future changes they want to do so its risky start but i admire it because i think it will slow down game and make it more meanigfull than just spam but still cc is not adressed and there is no interupts only crazy amount of hard cc and they removed some stun breaks. Changing it opposite way of having 1/4 daze (pure interupt) as 80% of universall cc across all professions and make hard cc such as taunt as ranger unique cc (making only 20% of all cc available for ranger so its not spamable) would make game shine much more and build diversity even stronger since you won t run 2-3 stunbreaks as must because now you don t waste stunbreak on 1/4 daze which is meant just to interupt you and keep stunbreak vs only 1 hard cc every proffesion would be able to trigger since its all changed for daze to fit line beetween interupts (1/4 daze active gameplay) and hard cc (all we have to day making game very passive). Still when outnumbered you will have 1 stunbreak for hard cc and being attack by 2 players would mean you need to be careffull about not eating both of hard cc from both players attempting to kill you.

@"Svez Poizon XD.5268" said:Removing revenants corruption traint "Rampant Vex" which was apply torment on critical hit 33% chance, we need new trait somewhere else that will apply bleeding on 33% chance on critical hit to fit renegade.

Yeah that one hurts for me...also the poison enchantment and Empty Vessel QoL. I hope Invoke Torment compensates for it in dps terms.

Revenant PvE queen here: Why...and I truly stress this...WHY, @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048, would the balance team think it's okay to add a 500ms WINDUP for a CC on Revenant Staff 5 (SotM)? For competitive play, I totally get it and it's justified, but PvE? As if Revs don't already have it hard enough, ESPECIALLY after the abomination that was the increased animation timer to Shackling Wave (Sword 4)! Again, for competitive play, I get it, but can you not go back and fix this for PvE? I mean, come on! People are still pissed about this for PvE! Revenant sword/sword gameplay used to be so fluid and wonderful and now we are getting nerfed in aspects of PvE...how much longer do Revenant players have to keep suffering to patches that keep adding on more cool downs, higher energy costs and so on? Don't you think we've had enough?

I am pleading for some kind of resolve to this on behalf of the Revenant players in this game. I really doubt they'd mind me speaking for them in regards to this kind of request since it was something no Revenant player asked for, nor complained about, again, in regards to PvE.

@Raphael.6503 said:Srsly...necro rebalanced this way?...> @"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048" said:

Necromancer:

Necromancer has always been designed to be a resilient profession that was light on Stability. Since this update specifically is removing some stability from their traits we made sure to buff their stunbreak skills appropriately in response. Additionally we've fixed a few issues with minion responsiveness and buffed a few of the weaker minion command skills.
  • Well of Power: Reduced the cooldown of this ability from 40 to 30 seconds in PvE only.
  • Plague Signet: Reduced the cooldown of this ability from 30 to 25 seconds in PvE only.
  • Spectral Armor: Reduced the cooldown of this ability from 40 to 30 seconds in PvE only.
  • Spectral Walk: Reduced the cooldown of this ability from 40 to 30 seconds anid the swiftness duration from 30 to 24 seconds in PvE only.
  • "Nothing can save you!": This skill now applies 5 stacks of the new unblockable for a flat 10 seconds with an additional 2 stacks for each foe hit (see General section for more details).
  • Minions: Necromancer minions will now play an effect when commanded to indicate that they will be using a special skill.
  • Rigor Mortis (Bone Fiend Command Skill): Bone Fiend will now respond immediately when commanded, interrupting its current action to perform the special attack.
  • Haunt (Shadow Fiend Command Skill): Increased radius from 120 to 300.
  • Flesh Wurm: Reduced the cooldown of this abiltiy from 32 to 25 seconds in PvE only.
  • Necrotic Traversal (Flesh Wurm Command Skill): Increased radius from 180 to 240
  • Doom: This ability now has a cast time and inflicts fear on your foe at 640ms. The fear duration has been increased from 1 second at a distance or 1.5 seconds at close proximity to 2 seconds on successful hit regardless of distance.
  • Death's Carapace: Added visual effect for this buff that updates based on the number of stacks the player has.
  • Foot in the Grave: This trait has been retired and been replaced by Eternal Life.
  • Eternal Life (NEW): Gain life force constantly up to a threshold while not in shroud. (66% in PvE, 20% in PvP & WvW) Gain protection when you enter shroud.
  • Flesh of the Master: Fixed a bug that could cause Death's Carapace stacks to be applied incorrectly by this trait.

Hope that next balance patch will remove necromancer class from the game...anyway its useless...

Well these notes would actually be okayish if lower cooldowns on stunbreaks would actually be the same in wvw.But there the CDs get even longer for no reason, while ele gains stability and lower cooldowns on two pretty strong stunbreaks.

The only thing that's really bothering me is the new eternal life trait. I doubt it will see any play.Maybe on core Condi necro as there isn't really a better choice

Obsidian Flesh: This skill now locks the player's skill bar while invulnerable.

What's the point of having 2nd and worse Mist Form on ele? (Mist Form at least gives u speed buff so you can get the hell out of the main fight area.)

Will there be option to stop the skill earlier?

I mean if u really think front line ele needs nerf, then u should reduce the duration of Obsidian Flesh by 1 second or something, but disabling the abilities while in it completely is just big sad panda.

Hi there, I'm an elementalist main.(("Oh, all people ever do is complain about their main" Right, but I can't argue about classes I don't play right? If I can't tell what the names of their traits and skills are. anyway, Let's get to the point.))

There are three changes for elementalist in this patch. I want to discuss them one by one, looking at what the changes try to achieve and what the changes will affect once they go into effect.-Elemental minions-stability access-obsidian flesh

First off, the elemental minion changes seem really fun. I don't think it will be super usefull or meta in any gamemode, but I love flavor and offmeta things to play around with, so I'm sure this will be a ton of fun when it comes out. I don't have much to say about it really. the elementals were pretty much useless and it's great to see them getting some love.

Then we have stability access. Let's go over what kind of builds this change affects. The trait that gives stabillity on activating a stance was only really used in pvp. so that makes it a change directed towards pvp. the only builds I can think of are sword/dagger weaver , sword/focus weaver and the niche dagger/dagger weaver. but for dagger/dagger weaver, it could actually be benefitial, since now you have are not forced to take primordial stance for stability and you can take another utility, like lightning flash. (since unravel is a must for dagger/dagger weaver) I'm really interested in playing this again. Sword/dagger (water) weaver can now also take another utility slot, but we'll have to see what it brings. I think the sword/focus (fire) weaver got hit the most with this change, since they will always take primordial stance for the burn stacks, so they only lose some stability acces. Keeping in mind that other elementalist builds that didn't use the trait get some extra stability access now, and that fire weaver was seen as obnoxious by a lot of people, I think this change is a pretty well thought out idea and I think it will be fun to see how it works out.

now we get to the bad part.. Obsidian flesh. Obviously, this change is also directed to the overpowered fire weaver. But it affects so much more other elementalist builds, in and outside of pvp. Let's look at pve first. I'm not going to take open world into account, since everything works in openworld. Instead I'm going to look at the only build in PvE that uses the focus. Sword/dagger condi weaver. A very fun and fast paced condition damage raid build. Obsidian flesh is a very nice skill to have for condi weaver, since it allowed you to block certain raid mechanics if you timed it well. As a reward for paying attention and making sure you got earth offhand at the right times, you could comfortably keep up your damage and have higher dps as a result. It feels really good to do! However, with this change, you can't use it in raids at all. It's not awfull, but it's sad to see one of the fun and usefull things about this build be removed. Even if the new obsidian flesh still allowed you to use your current attunement skills, only blocking you from swapping attunements, it would still be too bad for condi weaver. Together with alacrity and quickness and the extra buff from weave self, stopping you from swapping attunements will pretty much ruin your rotation. Making the skill almost useless in raids.Next up is pvp. I can think of two builds that use obsidian flesh outside of sword/focus fire weaver. those are Core fresh air with scepter/focus, and weaver fresh air with scepter/focus. both builds rely on keeping up pressure on the opponent while kiting them around, blocking, dodging and avoiding attacks. weaver being the more bursty version of the two, while core has a little more sustain. Obsidian flesh is a key skill in this playstyle. it allowed you to block a few extra attacks while channeling your healing skill, or avoid a string of cc. If Obsidian flesh blocks the elementalist from using any skills at all, they won't be able to use to heal up, while the oponent WILL be able to use the time to heal up or buff up. since the elementalist can't fight back. The fresh air scepter builds won't be able to hold up their sustained damage and will have a significantly harder time trying to kite oponents out.All in all, this is a change I don't agree on. It's hurst more builds then the one it's intended on and that hurts the game in general. With this change, there will hardly be reason for an elementalist to pick up a focus at all. Please reconsider the change and nerf it in a way that matters more for the problem you're trying to solve. Now it will only hurt more builds. At least consider to keep the change to pvp only, so condi weaver can still have that little extra in raids.

Thank you for your time if you read through all this.sincerely,Nup2

so mirage get's 1 dodge, daredevil still has 3 dodges?no nerfs to shadow arts? no nerf to perma stealth? (i thought you guys wanted more counterplay) no nerf to thief's stolen items? detonate plasma will still be overpowered?no nerfs to food and nourishment in wvw? no nerfs to sigils in wvw? (sigil of draining, cleansing,....)Anet, do you guys even play gw2?

Would you guys consider shifting damage conditions in a way akin to how (Curse of) Agony works/worked in WoW?

I.e. We don't tweak the duration much itself, but fresh damage conditions have to "Amp up" for a few seconds before they reach their full damage for the remaining duration. Essentially backloading conditions' damage more, so it's in line with your philosophy. So Bleeding doing 100 dmg/s now would start out as 50 dmg/s and over 5 seconds gradually get to 100 dmg/s, continuing with this number forward (each new stack would go through this).

In return, you could tweak condition cleanses in some ways, especially eliminating the low cooldown & low cleanse amount ones that were/are responsible for the necessity of trash cover conditions. Low cooldown ones could specifically cleanse control conditions such as blind, cripple, weakness instead of being able to cleanse everything. Bind DoT cleanses to more cooldown heavy stuff.

This way DoTs become actual DoTs, don't have to be spammed and overlayed with trash and are more fair for both sides.

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:

Ranger:

Soulbeasts, long standing without a tradeoff, are now receiving theirs - they lose combat access to a second pet and must choose carefully which pet they are going to be bonded with in battle.

• Soulbeast: Soulbeasts can no longer swap pets while in combat. Merging and unmerging with your pet now counts as a pet swap for the purposes of the Clarion Bond and Zephyr's Speed traits.

I believe this is the wrong approach. In my opinion the tradeoff for Soulbeast is to have no summoned pet at all. The flavour of the elite is that you are merged with the pet, and gain some of its attributes and skills, and as tradeoff you don't have an AI entity that can tank NPCs or chase enemies around pillars.

Core: baseline pet which has its abilities.Druid: pet's power is reducedSoulbeast: pet is permanently merged with player, who gains increased stats and unique abilities.

Allow the SB to change their pet outside of combat, but they should no longer have the ability to summon it and should remain permanently merged.

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:

Necromancer:

If Eternal Life is replacing Foot in the Grave(Gain stability and break stuns when you enter shroud), at least leave us with the stun break. It seems like losing stability, Necromancers will have to forgo sensible utility choices and fill our bar with stun breaks. Foot in the Grave is in the Soul Reaping trait line which is used in Core, Reaper, and Scourge builds.

@UnDeadFun.5824 said:

If Eternal Life is replacing Foot in the Grave(Gain stability and break stuns when you enter shroud), at least leave us with the stun break. It seems like losing stability, Necromancers will have to forgo sensible utility choices and fill our bar with stun breaks. Foot in the Grave is in the Soul Reaping trait line which is used in Core, Reaper, and Scourge builds.

In PvE? I can't see any reason a power build would take Foot in the Grave over Depth Perception (despite it sucking hard when you are knocked down while in Shroud) and I can't see any reason why a condi Scourge wouldn't take Dhuumfire. (can't speak for Core). Again, in PvE - competitive modes is a different matter.

But at the same time, the new ability seems odd as well. We already have a signet to generate LF if that is a problem (and it isn't imo), and why would it matter for either Reaper or Core to get Protection while in Shroud?

I play Reaper regularly in T4 fractals these days, and while Stability helps for fights like Brazen Gladiator, ill usually just drop Well of Power. As for LF generation, I have no trouble refilling my LF bar during the 10s I'm out of shroud, and once I'm in shroud again, you just dodge like everyone else.

I'm curious as to what issue they think this new trait will solve.

EDIT: While we're at it, why not change Well of Power so the stability is given to other players standing in the well? Still don't understand why it only gives might and condi cleanse given it does no damage.