Balance patch preview - engi only

bambi.6214

The change of HT is quite huge and it opens in my opinion to different approches. Alchemy will continue to be strong but in my opinion builds based only on tools with A.E.D. and without alchemy will become more viable . I hope in build diversity and i hope in a come back of old condi ele with nades, toolkit and something else ( firearms, explosive, tools ) . I am a dreamer, i know

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Explosive Temper (NEW): Explosions grant +20 stacking Ferocity for 10 seconds when they hit (10 stacks max)-Big Boomer(REWORK): Increases strike damage by 10% against foes with a lower health percent than the engineer. Additionally causes hitting with Explosion skills to heal the engineer over 3 seconds, 202 health per second. (This effect does not stack.)

These may place engi into one of the best DPS on raid / Fractals, it seems good. We might consider putting bomb kit for explosion on fire and smoke bomb to grant more Ferocity. We would gain a big CC skill which is not locked with Sword + ECSU. Since we have no stab anymore from corona burst, riffle won't be an option anymore for hard CC.

On PvP i'm afraid we won't have any stab or Quickness anymore. I don't think Holo will be viable anymore but it will depend on nerfs on other classes, especially on Rev and War. We might drop elixir U or Photon wall for Breaks stun.

i found it stupid funny when i saw they nerfed turret might duration from the trait , cuz if theres something turrets need to encourage using is even more nerfs lol , it could give 60s of any boon and it'd still be an irrelevant trait because turrets would only live long enough to apply boons once lol and then said boon would be corrupted or stripped anyways

this aint even a complaint its just something that made me laugh

@Rezzet.3614 said:i found it stupid funny when i saw they nerfed turret might duration from the trait , cuz if theres something turrets need to encourage using is even more nerfs lol , it could give 60s of any boon and it'd still be an irrelevant trait because turrets would only live long enough to apply boons once lol and then said boon would be corrupted or stripped anyways

this aint even a complaint its just something that made me laugh

Ye, I lold myself when I saw turrets nerf. Like if anybody is using them.

Holo is dead!Scrapper stills viable!Core better than Holo now?

The changes on explosive trait line looks interesting.

• The "Explosive Entrance" also looks good.
  • The 450 distance requirement on "Aim Assisted Rocket" could stay off.

Some Questions:

• Fuse time redution on bombs will be base now?
  • Big Oil Bomb fuse time will remains as current is or will have that same of other bombs?
  • Toolbelt skills stills without type definition for purpose of trait and upgrade's component? Which skill type is "Surprise Shot", Turret? Well? Cantrip? Engineering Kit? :/
  • No changes on Toss Elixir (All them). They stills destructible and reflectible? :/
  • Elixir U stills off context... What is the point?
  • Rocket (Rocket Turret Toolbelt skill) didn't got the underwater version yet?
  • Net Turret, Thumper Turret and Flame Turret stills outdated?
  • Net Attack, Rumble and Throw Napalm stills outdated and off context?

Anet! PLEASE, REMOVE:

• Reactive Lenses;
  • Automated Medical Response;
  • Net Attack;
  • Throw Napalm.

Anet! PLEASE, INCLUDE:

• Unblockable buff (The engineer has enough knowlege to use this tecnology).

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:engi now has zero stab. I guess holos can always meme with the holo ranged trait lel.

So? All the cc skills get their power damage taken away. Getting chain cc'ed will no longer be a death sentence from those skills alone, and any particular uncleansed cc really only ensures the next hit. The cc skills are all so good and overused because they all do at least as much damage as an autoattack and they also lock you into getting hit more and that is the issue being addressed. This will create a choice between lockdown and damage, a choice that HoT, and PoF even more so, took away with their power and utility creep.

@insanemaniac.2456 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:engi now has zero stab. I guess holos can always meme with the holo ranged trait lel.

So? All the cc skills get their power damage taken away. Getting chain cc'ed will no longer be a death sentence from those skills alone, and any particular uncleansed cc really only ensures the next hit. The cc skills are all so good and overused because they all do at least as much damage as an autoattack
and they also lock you into getting hit more
and that is the issue being addressed. This will create a choice between lockdown and damage, a choice that HoT, and PoF even more so, took away with their power and utility creep.

no stab + 2 long cd stun breaks = deathI guess its elixir b's time to shine

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

So? All the cc skills get their power damage taken away. Getting chain cc'ed will no longer be a death sentence from those skills alone, and any particular uncleansed cc really only ensures the next hit. The cc skills are all so good and overused because they all do at least as much damage as an autoattack
and that is the issue being addressed. This will create a choice between lockdown and damage, a choice that HoT, and PoF even more so, took away with their power and utility creep.

Remember core where you used to take 3 kits and only 1 of those had a stun break?

A few people said holo will be bad but I'm thinking prot holo might be our best spec. I know the stab loss is rough but cc is losing damage so chain cc wont be quite as deadly especially 1v1. We'll have to wait and see though. Personally I'm hoping core engi will be good in pvp, I miss having a range class.

@insanemaniac.2456 said:Remember core where you used to take 3 kits and only 1 of those had a stun break?

remember core when there were 1000% less ccs flying around and it actually had cds and telegraphs? just stop.

Have fun overcompensating until someone else tells you you don't need to by building your build for you.

@ParadoX.3124 said:-Explosive Temper (NEW): Explosions grant +20 stacking Ferocity for 10 seconds when they hit (10 stacks max)-Big Boomer(REWORK): Increases strike damage by 10% against foes with a lower health percent than the engineer. Additionally causes hitting with Explosion skills to heal the engineer over 3 seconds, 202 health per second. (This effect does not stack.)

These may place engi into one of the best DPS on raid / Fractals, it seems good. We might consider putting bomb kit for explosion on fire and smoke bomb to grant more Ferocity. We would gain a big CC skill which is not locked with Sword + ECSU. Since we have no stab anymore from corona burst, riffle won't be an option anymore for hard CC.

Considering that Explosive Temper will take the place of the old Big Boomer on DPS builds, we aren't exaclty getting 200 ferocity, just ~+50 since a full berserk character has ~3k power and the old Big Boomer gave 5% of your power as vit and ferocity (yeah we lost sustain to get a bit of damage). The sustain itself got a whole new trait (Blast Shield) that seems quite good for its job but gives 0 damage increase.

The new Big Boomer is the real jewel here as we are finally getting a decent GM Trait for power builds in Explosives, tho i dunno if the health regen compensates the sustain we lost from the old Big Boomer.

And yet... Crystal Configuration:Eclipse, i will miss u :'(

Quick question.. Maybe it's a language barrier or I'm just overthinking this but: Overheat: Instead of disabling all toolbelt skills until all heat is lost, this skill now adds 15 seconds to the recharge of toolbelt skills other than Photon Forge. Photon Forge remains disabled until all heat is lost.

Does it prevent use of toolbelt skill when overheating for 15 seconds or does it allow use of toolbeltskills when overheating but, adds a 15sec cd?

edit: I guess it has to be that they allow use of toolbelt skills right? preventing use for 15sec wouldnt make any difference from preventing until all heat is lost.. right? I bet im overthinking this

Why the cooldown nerfs on hammer and rifle?I mean damage is ok but increasing the cooldown of those skills will make power scrapper totally unviable anymore.Holo already got murdered for pvp why overnerfing rifle now? Other Classes do not get that treatment

This patch is destroying 90% of my roaming and zerg builds for all my classes.

@Kontrolle.3514 said:Why the cooldown nerfs on hammer and rifle?I mean damage is ok but increasing the cooldown of those skills will make power scrapper totally unviable anymore.Holo already got murdered for pvp why overnerfing rifle now? Other Classes do not get that treatment

Looks like Rifle and range builds for Engineer was improved with new Explosive line.I can see Holos running one of those range build, because they will have hard time fighting melee.

@"Kontrolle.3514" said:Why the cooldown nerfs on hammer and rifle?I mean damage is ok but increasing the cooldown of those skills will make power scrapper totally unviable anymore.Holo already got murdered for pvp why overnerfing rifle now? Other Classes do not get that treatment

Everything else is getting nerfed too. Not just Engineer.Scrapper won't be "unviable", it might actually be a bit better after the patch now that things that could still destroy it through its defenses will be nerfed to the point where it won't anymore.Rifle 3 pumping out a crazy 5k+ every 8s was, in my opinion, not very good for balancing. Everything everywhere did way too much damage. After this patch, that won't be the case.

Like, I understand the changes and what they are going for and am not complaining but some of these are legit funny (in a haha kinda way, not sarcastic kind of way)

• Static Shock (AED Toolbelt): Reduced power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.01
  • Rocket Turret: Reduced overcharge power coefficient from 2.75 to 0.01

Just random stuff like that. xD

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:Quick question.. Maybe it's a language barrier or I'm just overthinking this but: Overheat: Instead of disabling all toolbelt skills until all heat is lost, this skill now adds 15 seconds to the recharge of toolbelt skills other than Photon Forge. Photon Forge remains disabled until all heat is lost.

Does it prevent use of toolbelt skill when overheating for 15 seconds or does it allow use of toolbeltskills when overheating but, adds a 15sec cd?

edit: I guess it has to be that they allow use of toolbelt skills right? preventing use for 15sec wouldnt make any difference from preventing until all heat is lost.. right? I bet im overthinking this

It allows toolbelt skill usage, but adds 15s CD. Photon Forge is not a part of this CD addition, and will disable until heat is dissipated.

@Zexanima.7851 said:Like, I understand the changes and what they are going for and am not complaining but some of these are legit funny (in a haha kinda way, not sarcastic kind of way)

• Static Shock (AED Toolbelt): Reduced power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.01
  • Rocket Turret: Reduced overcharge power coefficient from 2.75 to 0.01

Just random stuff like that. xD

Rocket Turret overcharge is actually a funny nerf. As it only happens once per usage, and it's on a 20-30s cd. I'd have, instead, changed the coeff nerf to 0.10 or 0.15, so it still does damage, just not too much.CORRECTION: it's a 40s CD.

I've always roamed with no stab and no stunbreaks. We'll be fine. Dodge, Block, interrupt, or outrange incoming CCs.

Stability is more of a Warrior/Guardian boon anyway. Engineer isn't really about face-tanking hits.

Edit: Also, you can still get stab from Scrapper afaict. Defense Field + the gyro trait.