What progression I will and not have when I create a new character?

Murshid.9854

Hi guys,When I started playing the game I played with ranger cause they are one of the newbie friendly classes but now I started to get really excited to play engineer, what I want to know when I create a new character and use my level 80 boost on it what will I have and what I will not have from my ranger progression?I know I share the bank.What about mastries like mounts?What about the achievements?What about my level 500 crafting and recipes?

What will I will be missing other than story and map completion and soulbound gear?

Don't worry about masteries, achievements, titles and your wardrobe (weapon/armor skins you unlocked), outfits, your material storage and glider/mount skins and. They're shared throughout the entire account.The crafting however is character bound while recipes are unlocked throughout the whole account as of one of the major updates last year (Not entirely sure when recipes got changed but I believe it was last year).Also additionally purchased inventory expansion tabs are not shared on the account so if you're going to get one of these be sure on which character you'll purchase them.For more information on what's shared throughout the account, I think this article could be helpful (specifically under the "Characteristics" area): https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/AccountHope that helps at least a bit. Have a nice time in the game! :)

Crafting levels aren't shared, but crafted items are account bound or even tradable, so one character can make stuff for others on your account.

Achievements and masteries are account-wide, as are any skins or items unlocked in the wardrobe. It's only really the characters level, hero points, map and story completion and their equipment which isn't shared.

WvW ability points are unlocked account wide, but can be assigned individually. So for example if you've earned 60 points on one character and switch to one that's never done WvW they'll also have 60 points to spend, but you could give one of them gliding and one the warclaw.

Things that are shared

• Achievements
  • Bank/Wardrobe/Material storage
  • Currency wallet
  • Titles
  • Permanent account bonuses for karma, MF, gold, achievement skins etc
  • Masteries - mastery xp bar will also be shared on hitting level 80. So you will have access to unlocked gliding/mounts even at low level
  • Crafting - although levels are not shared, unlocked recipes will be shared should you want the same crafting discipline on that character
  • WvW ability pool (see Danikat's explanation)

Not shared are basically character specific things like

• Story
  • Crafting levels (see above)
  • map explorations and waypoints
  • Build templates (although there is an account share section as well)
  • Elite spec unlocks (if you fully unlock Druid on your Ranger and roll another Ranger, the second Ranger needs to unlock Druid again to access it)