Predict the strongest 1 vs 1 class after the patch

EremiteAngel.9765

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:First to vote. Yeet.Thief, because stealth is still op and with less dmg around they are even harder to nuke down, so they will just stealth and reset the fight until they finally win.

Less dmg from them to so more time to escape to a safty

Yea, but still only that option, run and hide, thats fun, right?Why even try to fight them, when you know you wont have a chance in killing them, because stealth and run fast af.

That only shows how broken stealth as a mechanic is.

@"RedShark.9548" said:First to vote. Yeet.Thief, because stealth is still op and with less dmg around they are even harder to nuke down, so they will just stealth and reset the fight until they finally win.

Yes....and no.

I am undecided, and probbaly will be until it goes live. However in a 1vs1, after the dmg nerfs that thief also received, spending that much time in stealth with the unchanged HP pool, it will not be super easy for them to kill something, they will need to spend more time out of stealth to deal that dmg, so I am unsure if it will be the strongest 1vs1 class.

It will however, I think be one of the stronger roaming classes, if not the best, because with reduced spike and high stealth up time it means that if the thief doesn't want to die, they wont. That is close to the case now, unless they over invest into a fight or get over confident. After the patch they have that much more room to stealth and get away. Same for "perm stealth" builds and killing one in a keep.

Stealth is one of those things that is defensive and offensive at the same time, how it also didn't see large reductions as well, I don't really understand. Being that many other defensive skills, traits and auto procs are being nerfed across the board including on thief, it will probably make stealth even more valuable to them, meaning I expect to see builds with more high stealth uptime than we see now.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:First to vote. Yeet.Thief, because stealth is still op and with less dmg around they are even harder to nuke down, so they will just stealth and reset the fight until they finally win.

Yea, but still only that option, run and hide, thats fun, right?Why even try to fight them, when you know you wont have a chance in killing them, because stealth and run fast af.

That only shows how broken stealth as a mechanic

Shadow arts assassins sig is pure cheese and yes they are not fun to fight all. Standard daredevil d/p and stealtheless thievs like sword thieves, even condi thieves are a bit more exciting than "perma stealth" they wanted to lower the power creap but left assassins signet untouched...good 1

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@"RedShark.9548" said:First to vote. Yeet.Thief, because stealth is still op and with less dmg around they are even harder to nuke down, so they will just stealth and reset the fight until they finally win.

Yes....and no.

I am undecided, and probbaly will be until it goes live. However in a 1vs1, after the dmg nerfs that thief also received, spending that much time in stealth with the unchanged HP pool, it will not be super easy for them to kill something, they will need to spend more time out of stealth to deal that dmg, so I am unsure if it will be the strongest 1vs1 class.

It will however, I think be one of the stronger roaming classes, if not the best, because with reduced spike and high stealth up time it means that if the thief doesn't want to die, they wont. That is close to the case now, unless they over invest into a fight or get over confident. After the patch they have that much more room to stealth and get away. Same for "perm stealth" builds and killing one in a keep.

Stealth is one of those things that is defensive and offensive at the same time, how it also didn't see large reductions as well, I don't really understand. Being that many other defensive skills, traits and auto procs are being nerfed across the board including on thief, it will probably make stealth even more valuable to them, meaning I expect to see builds with more high stealth uptime than we see now.

Also got to look at other builds theif will face, ranger for example has prot on dodge and weakness on taking dmg, dunno if they have been changed but that shut down most theif builds unless you went 1 shot option. So even if all dmg across the game is nerfed the things like this will be even more harder to kill

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

Yes....and no.

Thats basically all i said, just more fleshed out, i know that they do less dmg aswell, but thats why i used the word "finally", implies a long fight/lots of resets, also includes the enemy dying off old age.

They might not be the strongest one if we only take 1 engage and dont count resets, they might be repelled multiple times, but due to the nature of stealth and thief mobility they can try and try again, unlike other classes, necro for example, in most cases they either win a fight or die trying, because they wont be getting away from a thief.

Thats why thief and mesmer too will probably reign supreme, atleast in my book of how a duel ends.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Yes....and no.

Thats basically all i said, just more fleshed out, i know that they do less dmg aswell, but thats why i used the word "finally", implies a long fight/lots of resets, also includes the enemy dying off old age.

They might not be the strongest one if we only take 1 engage and dont count resets, they might be repelled multiple times, but due to the nature of stealth and thief mobility they can try and try again, unlike other classes, necro for example, in most cases they either win a fight or die trying, because they wont be getting away from a thief.

Thats why thief and mesmer too will probably reign supreme, atleast in my book of how a duel ends.

Wasn't a correction, rather more a feeding off of quote. I think it comes down to how I view "1vs1", which is more of who will die, as in a duel. While roaming is far more wide and running from a fight you can't win (or wasting 4+ peoples time) in roaming is actually the correct choice, and thief gets the crown here, even in the current meta.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

Yeah just escape from by far the most mobile class in the game xD

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

I believe that it still may be strong post patch. Its ability to reapply condis synergizes well

It's not really about that that this nerf is about, the problem is that mirage loses one dodge. So if he wants to use an ambush to deal damage, he has no dodges left and has barely any defense left, and if he does not use his ambush then there's no point to him being a mirage (especially considering the mirage traitline is not that good and axe is too risky to play when you only have one dodge). Core condi mesmer would most likely be stronger than mirage if you ask me