Achievement Point Discussion

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like it or not, LS1 wont be coming back. Yes, maybe it's not about the AP's alone and the story was something to remember but it's over. However, there are tons of things to do and get AP's. All LS after LS1, HoT, PoF, WvW, Raids are few of the ways to get lots of them but it wont be easy. And if you play 4 years and you have 16k is pretty good. However, as a 7 years player -losing the first 6 months of the game- being at 40k, trust me when I say that it was no easy task. But I like it and will continue for as long as can. So, just play the game and enjoy it and if you like to "hunt" for some achievements you want or like, go for it.

@"Daddicus.6128" said:I was very sad when I learned that nobody has attained a full set (including back item) of radiant (or hellfire) armor. I thought I just didn't play enough (although, one would think averaging almost 5 hours a day for the life of the game SHOULD be enough).

Apparently, ANet intended this game to live 10 years or more, because STILL nobody has made it to 39,000.

I still play, but I've lost all hope of every getting my goal of full radiant armor. If the gods of the game can't do it, what hope have I?

what you mean? there should be at least 86 people have either full radiant or hellfire set

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/achievements?page=4

if you mean having both sets, yes, no one has, you need 42k AP to unlock the 2nd backpack

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@"Daddicus.6128" said:I was very sad when I learned that nobody has attained a full set (including back item) of radiant (or hellfire) armor. I thought I just didn't play enough (although, one would think averaging almost 5 hours a day for the life of the game SHOULD be enough).

Apparently, ANet intended this game to live 10 years or more, because STILL nobody has made it to 39,000.

I still play, but I've lost all hope of every getting my goal of full radiant armor. If the gods of the game can't do it, what hope have I?

what you mean? there should be at least 86 people have either full radiant or hellfire set

if you mean having both sets, yes, no one has, you need 42k AP to unlock the 2nd backpack

Look at the time stamp of the post that you quoted.

Not sure why no one else has mentioned that LS1 can't come back - it was in real time, on the existing map and actually blew up Lion's Arch at the end - which was later totally rebuilt and replaced for what we see today. It is a totally different event than the LS stories and expansions after it. So, its like the one shot Karka Queen 2 day event that happened at the launch of Southsun, or really even Beta and Pre-Release - they are over and that's just how it is.

@Irissa.2376 said:Not sure why no one else has mentioned that LS1 can't come back - it was in real time, on the existing map and actually blew up Lion's Arch at the end - which was later totally rebuilt and replaced for what we see today. It is a totally different event than the LS stories and expansions after it. So, its like the one shot Karka Queen 2 day event that happened at the launch of Southsun, or really even Beta and Pre-Release - they are over and that's just how it is.

Then there is literally no point for someone to play the story, because they will never have the full story to understand it.

I used to care about getting all the AP I can. I'm at the point now that the only way for me to make real progression is to play competitive modes. Even then that still won't be enough to come close the players that are in the top ranking. There's about 7k points worth that they have that I am unable to earn that are just gone from the game. I've hit my limit with no physical way to be competitive.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:I used to care about getting all the AP I can. I'm at the point now that the only way for me to make real progression is to play competitive modes. Even then that still won't be enough to come close the players that are in the top ranking. There's about 7k points worth that they have that I am unable to earn that are just gone from the game. I've hit my limit with no physical way to be competitive.

I see that as a positive, evidence that it isn't intended or even particularly useful as a competitive stat . . .

The fact that the missing ap prevents some players from obtaining unique rewards I do still see as a problem, but I think the best solution there would be to remove the unique rewards from the track . . .

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:I used to care about getting all the AP I can. I'm at the point now that the only way for me to make real progression is to play competitive modes. Even then that still won't be enough to come close the players that are in the top ranking. There's about 7k points worth that they have that I am unable to earn that are just gone from the game. I've hit my limit with no physical way to be competitive.

I don't want more than the highest players or compete with the AP levels of people who have come before me, across the board I would like AP rewards to be better. You get so little AP for so many difficult things and then heaps for something that isn't that important or difficult (eg. Collections compared to Daily AP).

I want everyone to be better rewarded.I also want people who have paid for the game experience to have access to all content from the game, EG LWS1. The story is gone and the AP access is gone and that isn't fair for a story item.

@Gop.8713 said:The fact that the missing ap prevents some players from obtaining unique rewards I do still see as a problem, but I think the best solution there would be to remove the unique rewards from the track . . .Except it doesn't prevent them from earing those rewards. It just delays that moment until new APs get introduced. Yes, that means someone that started playing few years late will get to some rewards with a few years' delay. I don't see it as a problem.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Gop.8713 said:The fact that the missing ap prevents some players from obtaining unique rewards I do still see as a problem, but I think the best solution there would be to remove the unique rewards from the track . . .Except it doesn't prevent them from earing those rewards. It just delays that moment until new APs get introduced. Yes, that means someone that started playing few years late will get to some rewards with a few years' delay. I don't see it as a problem.

It's just the fact that they are really so hard to get because AP rewards for actually going out of your way to do achievements is atrocious.I get more AP out of a doing a daily than I do some collections.

More AP should be awarded for a handful of things.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

Except it does, up until the point that anet stops introducing unique rewards. The introduction of new ap allows for the acquisition of unique rewards further along the track for everyone, not just the players who are farther behind. So until the unique rewards end -- or players are given some means of acquiring lost ap -- there will always be rewards unobtainable by players who did not avail themselves of the opportunity to acquire the missing ap when it was available . . .

@hellsqueen.3045 said:I have barely seen people at 30k and those people were long term players who have played everything there is.I can't see it being a realistic goal for me to reach that many points, no matter how much I farm for AP.

I'm sneaking up on 32,500 and I've been playing since beta. For someone who has limited time each week to get to play, I think that's a modest amount, given the changes to everyday life over those 7+ years.

Personally, I couldn't care less about the skins. I have 9 toons, all 80's and only regularly play 2-3 of them. I'm in it not just for the AP's but for the story, as I was a Guild Wars tragic that found the storyline rather compelling.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I thought there were only about 2500 APs from Living World Season One. Where are the other unavailable ~5000 APs from?

That is true, but it is still missing AP that really shouldn't be missing.

For a while there, multiple festivals were missing from the game. The fact that they brought old festivals back was a step in the right direction.

The missing AP is likely various retired things, like monthlies. Which I am more than fine that those are missing AP I can never get. But story based ones being completely gone from the game isn't acceptable.

The rewards for doing bigger collections and other things being rewarded so little when doing 3 dailies gets you 10AP for nothing at all and extra rewards with it. It is a simply terrible reward incentive.

I am glad they at least made a step to introduce old festivals for people to play, because at least that gives an extra activity or two per year to get some extra AP from.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I thought there were only about 2500 APs from Living World Season One. Where are the other unavailable ~5000 APs from?

Season 1: 2,517 APRetired: 246 APWvW seasons: 714

Wintersday: 745Halloween: 475Dragon Bash: 346Lunar new Year: 203Festival of the Four Winds: 591 (these might be repeated next year)Total Festival: 2360

Total missing AP: 5837

The APs are intended to be on long time scale, rewarding loyal customers over time, in the long term. The tons of existing achievements is what makes that a player active since beta still has something to do in the game. However, yes, it has a very slow earning rate, especially detrimental to players who don't spend hours in game every day. The first years where I could not play every day and then hardly more than one hour, I hardly progressed those. And then, later, there is the cap at monthly+ daily =15k so we don't earn 10 APs from doing daily anymore.

For me personally, there are two main problems that would need a review/solution:

• Achievements stuck due to one - or more - item(s), because they are available only after completion of a group event that nobody is doing anymore, and that can't be soloed.
  • Proper re-scaling of the reward APs amount according to effort required. I'm regularly pretty angry when I do a long work for an achievement and don't get more than 1 or 2 APs for that, whereas another one taking me hardly more than one minute without any difficulty rewards exactly the same amount.

@Gop.8713 said:

Except it does, up until the point that anet stops introducing unique rewards. The introduction of new ap allows for the acquisition of unique rewards further along the track for everyone, not just the players who are farther behind. So until the unique rewards end -- or players are given some means of acquiring lost ap -- there will always be rewards unobtainable by players who did not avail themselves of the opportunity to acquire the missing ap when it was available . . .

The final (so far) truly unique reward is at 39 000 AP, the Radiant/Hellfire backpiece, added to the reward track in 2015(?). After that is only repeats for further selections from previously available pools (the other backpiece, and the Pinnacle weapons that started at 29k). It's not like they keep adding more stuff to the track...

@Gop.8713 said:

Except it does, up until the point that anet stops introducing unique rewards. The introduction of new ap allows for the acquisition of unique rewards further along the track for everyone, not just the players who are farther behind. So until the unique rewards end -- or players are given some means of acquiring lost ap -- there will always be rewards unobtainable by players who did not avail themselves of the opportunity to acquire the missing ap when it was available . . .Yes. As i said, people that started working on it few years late, will be few years behind. I'd say that it isn't exactly surprising.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

The final (so far) truly unique reward is at 39 000 AP, the Radiant/Hellfire backpiece, added to the reward track in 2015(?). After that is only repeats for further selections from previously available pools (the other backpiece, and the Pinnacle weapons that started at 29k). It's not like they keep adding more stuff to the track...

This is true. Whether you consider access to a choice or access to all the skins is splitting hairs at that point, similar to whether you would consider new titles unique rewards. The underlying point is that gating rewards behind a metric that is actually unobtainable by a significant portion of the player base is unwise. As long as we follow from that principle, the specifics would work themselves out . . .

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

Except it does, up until the point that anet stops introducing unique rewards. The introduction of new ap allows for the acquisition of unique rewards further along the track for everyone, not just the players who are farther behind. So until the unique rewards end -- or players are given some means of acquiring lost ap -- there will always be rewards unobtainable by players who did not avail themselves of the opportunity to acquire the missing ap when it was available . . .Yes. As i said, people that started working on it few years late, will be few years behind. I'd say that it isn't exactly surprising.

And if you're comfortable alienating new players that way, that's great. I lean more towards attracting new players with a game that is as accessible as possible to them. If that means I lose a little of the 'exclusivity' of my veteran status, I don't much care really . . .