The most beautiful locations in the game

Hoover.6394

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For screenshots of my characters I tend to just find a place where the light is good and there's not too much going on in the background, because I usually take them very zoomed in so the background doesn't matter much.

For screenshots of the world...there's so many beautiful places. I have a screenshots folder called 'scenery' with 135 images and I'm way behind on sorting my screenshots. But I think my favourite maps have to be Timberline Falls and the Maguuma (especially Auric Basin and Tangled Depths).VrEoYkzh.jpglV6I1HRh.jpg(I think that's Auric Basin, but I'm not 100% sure.)

For individual spots there's the bamboo garden at the bottom of the Grove:AFlYEnKh.jpg

The little swamp area in south west Brisban:9yqLvcih.jpg

And this waterfall in Kessex Hills:MrVeuX7h.jpg

There's so many more, but I don't want to overdo it. :)

Aurora's Remains in Brisban Wildlands & Risewild Green (Guild Trek Location) in Bloodtide CoastBoth have awesome light-sources and fairy-style environment. Both are quite remote and see little to no visitors.

Hidden Garden Jumping Puzzle in the Dierdre's Steppes of Mount MaelstromThis place has awesome views, caves, waterfalls, soil, fields, water-pools and by far the most impressive tree in the game.

Wildflame Caverns in Metrica ProvinceThe best area to make lava-themed screenshots, because this lava does not hurt. Awesome cavern with great light-sources.

Mithric Cliffs in Fields of RuinA good place to make charr-themed screenshots. Not as populated as the Black Citadel, but with plenty of nice backgrounds.

North Nolan Hatchery in Diessa PlateauMore charr-stuff, but a lot less metal. Awesome views, nice backgrounds.

Vexa's Lab in Fireheart RisePlenty of Asura themed stuff, rooms & backgrounds. Once cleared from enemies, very low chance to run into other players. Except when it is the daily minidungeon.

Martyr's Tomb in Harathi HinterlandsAscalonian atmosphere, nice tombs and two rooms with very special light. But if you go there, bring a friend to clear the mobs.

Northpasture Camp in Harathi HinterlandsNorth-east is a small formation of rocks that looks like "stairs." Those lead to a remote-area of the centaur-infested zone. There is a hidden treasure-chest up there. Probably the best view over the camps without any hostile creatures to worry about. As well as plenty of Centaur related environment.

Those are some of the places I frequently visit for the view or making screenshots. Some are quite remote and allow you enjoy the view and just catch your breath.

Some of the raids are actually quite stunning as well. Makes me wish they just had a way to access the completely empty version of the map outside of the raid.

Like the Zomoros' lair!

It's really no wonder they don't spend more time on raids. They put some of the best aesthetics into them and nobody gets to see them!

@"cptaylor.2670" said:Some of the raids are actually quite stunning as well. Makes me wish they just had a way to access the completely empty version of the map outside of the raid.

You can group with a player that already cleared the raid-wing in the actual week (sometimes there are players in the LFG announcing for this) and then you can visit the empty/cleared raid instance.

● QueensdaleI frequently stop and admire the waterfall just outside Divinity's Reach.Actually, most of Queensdale is astonishing.

● Grothmar Valley,has some really beautifully colourful, autumn themed nature.

● Diessa Plateau.I spent a lot of time with my Guardian just hanging around there.

● Sandswept Isles.Left one of my Elementalists there for ages, just so I could visit it every now and then.

● Elon Riverlands.South; around the water.It's just a shame that you can't stop for long to admire it, since everything around there wants to eat you.

● Timberline Falls.I like the contrast between the snow and the green around the water.

The first scenery comes to my mind is Kormir's library/sanctuary. I just love watching a flock of books flying. They reckon to Studio-Ghibli's type of imagination.

Second would be the castle view inside of Mystic Forge, the path leading to Qadim fight. It's opulent.

Third choice is the desecrated altar in the end of Arah path 3. Arah dungeon has many gorgeous sceneries of ruins, but most are at inaccessibly sky high level.

My daughter and I were working on the skyscale flight achievements, and whoah. If you ever plan on doing this achievement, pick sunrise/sunset. So very many of them simply took my breath away. In fact, it was so gorgeous after a few oohs and ahhs, by request, it was streamed to our Discord.

• 2 weeks later...