Twist of Fate nerf

Lich King.1524

Well, weaver is getting kick in the...bottom part of the body.-Imagine having 18s cd on weapon 2, one of those is the only accessable waterfield in sword spec btw.-Stab on stance removed, previously weaver had 6 stabs in total, now its going to have 3 (or rather 2, Lava Skin is not going to be stab on demand, rather random addition to "rotations").-Primordial Stance is simply being deleted and changed to Stone Resonance so that you can have those 2 stabs instead of random one, on Lava Skin. I guess its how they wanted to hurt fireweaver, instead they hurt all Weaver builds, kek.-ToF nerf, in power Weaver the only stunbreak, in Fireweaver there's also a glyph. Deserved, but with all other changes I feel like its overkill-Obsidian Flesh nerf, another one that was supposted to hit Fireweaver. Now we can just /wave at FA boiz getting ricochet, together with all other changes.

All together, during fight this will cause ele to have one rotation over elements, maybe 1.5 at best chance. After that, its going to be like a fight vs bag of potatoes. Already mentioned warrior will stun-lock and do whatever he wants with cloth class with lowest hp pool.Im not saying Weaver in post-nerf form will be completly unplayable. My guess is its going to be an off-meta for pick for ppl liking challenges, thats going to struggle vs most of enemies.Fireweaver deserved nerf, other builds not so much (with new world order caused by "balance" patch there actually should be some sustain nerfs, but this is imo overkill).

But we all know how ele balance works. Its like sinusoid. D/D, dead, Sword Weaver, dead, ??. In worst case we will have to wait few years for grand ele meta comeback.

PS: ppl mentioning things like Signet of Air as a substitute...really?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Lich King.1524" said:Dear Arenanet,

"Twist of Fate: Increased ammo recharge from 40 seconds to 75 seconds"

Regarding sPvP:

Please reconsider this nerf of ToF,Ele has lowest HP pool and armor, no blockes, no stealth, no stunbreaks, etcand has no other ways to survive just to use different skills.You plan nerf ALL other evade skills already enough +50%, 12s => 18sIf creates large windows for foes to kill ele without any issues.But this skill you plan to nerf even twice: removed stability from trait and increased CD to.... 75 sec!Are you kidding us? Or want us not to stop playing Ele in sPvP?What is the point of skill with CD as long as Elite skills on other classes?

War may kill ele from 1 skill today and from 2 skills tomorrow (after the nerf).You spoke about necessity of counterplay, I fully agree, it's very good intention, but where is implementation?seriously guys how you suppose to counterplay war now? No healing anymore, still no armor, no HP, no skills to evade. 75s CD on evade...

Please reconsider this nerf of ToF.

Best Regards,Your Ele,/played time on Ele: 14,704 hours in 2716 days (mostly sPvP)

All is Vain.

While yes, the almost 100% increase in CD to twist of fate is quite massive, I don't think it is unwarranted.Personally I expected at least a 50% increase to it's CD but what can you do.

And tbh...without the stab trait, this skill actually isn't that good to begin with (even with the current CD).Personally I will probably just switch to another stunbreak, like mistform, armor of earth or arcane shield.Considering those are close-ish to the CD range of current ToF ....you effectively lose 1 stunbreak and 1 dodge / 75s (which is laughably bad) and can substitute with either a 3x block, a 3s invuln, or massive stab and prot on demand.

@"Widmo.3186" said:Well, weaver is getting kick in the...bottom part of the body.-Imagine having 18s cd on weapon 2, one of those is the only accessable waterfield in sword spec btw.-Stab on stance removed, previously weaver had 6 stabs in total, now its going to have 3 (or rather 2, Lava Skin is not going to be stab on demand, rather random addition to "rotations").-Primordial Stance is simply being deleted and changed to Stone Resonance so that you can have those 2 stabs instead of random one, on Lava Skin. I guess its how they wanted to hurt fireweaver, instead they hurt all Weaver builds, kek.-ToF nerf, in power Weaver the only stunbreak, in Fireweaver there's also a glyph. Deserved, but with all other changes I feel like its overkill-Obsidian Flesh nerf, another one that was supposted to hit Fireweaver. Now we can just /wave at FA boiz getting ricochet, together with all other changes.

All together, during fight this will cause ele to have one rotation over elements, maybe 1.5 at best chance. After that, its going to be like a fight vs bag of potatoes. Already mentioned warrior will stun-lock and do whatever he wants with cloth class with lowest hp pool.Im not saying Weaver in post-nerf form will be completly unplayable. My guess is its going to be an off-meta for pick for ppl liking challenges, thats going to struggle vs most of enemies.Fireweaver deserved nerf, other builds not so much (with new world order caused by "balance" patch there actually should be some sustain nerfs, but this is imo overkill).

But we all know how ele balance works. Its like sinusoid. D/D, dead, Sword Weaver, dead, ??. In worst case we will have to wait few years for grand ele meta comeback.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

@reddie.5861 said:wat kind of ele do you play? any decent ele can just hold 2 people easily if not 3 and still kill em off..ele is kitten strong... (ele = weaver obviously)

This is true, Ele needs a hoard more nerfs than what they're getting. For a class that has the lowest HP pool and mobility it does, it certainly has the ability to over-tank many people at once.

A good player can tank many trash players on any class and a good player can play more than one class, the status quo won't change after the patch..trash players will still be tanked by a single player, consequently they will come on the forum to cry for more nerfs on profession X and Y....it has been so since the beginning of MMO games and so it will be till the end of MMOs.

The vast majority of player, can only play a single build on a single class and no dev in any game will ever nerf their game to a point where players get far past their actual level...so yeah many hereB will keep dieing to good eles even after the patch, it's inevitable..the good ones wins.,..the bad ones stay at the bottom.

@"reddie.5861" said:wat kind of ele do you play? any decent ele can just hold 2 people easily if not 3 and still kill em off..ele is kitten strong... (ele = weaver obviously)

Decent ele vs "2 people"....I like your honesty, you didn't try to say "decent ele vs 2 decent players"...but yeah decent anything can vs 2 below average of anything...it will always be so

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"Widmo.3186" said:Well, weaver is getting kick in the...bottom part of the body.-Imagine having 18s cd on weapon 2, one of those is the only accessable waterfield in sword spec btw.-Stab on stance removed, previously weaver had 6 stabs in total, now its going to have 3 (or rather 2, Lava Skin is not going to be stab on demand, rather random addition to "rotations").-Primordial Stance is simply being deleted and changed to Stone Resonance so that you can have those 2 stabs instead of random one, on Lava Skin. I guess its how they wanted to hurt fireweaver, instead they hurt all Weaver builds, kek.-ToF nerf, in power Weaver the only stunbreak, in Fireweaver there's also a glyph. Deserved, but with all other changes I feel like its overkill-Obsidian Flesh nerf, another one that was supposted to hit Fireweaver. Now we can just /wave at FA boiz getting ricochet, together with all other changes.

@reddie.5861 said:wat kind of ele do you play? any decent ele can just hold 2 people easily if not 3 and still kill em off..ele is kitten strong... (ele = weaver obviously)

This is true, Ele needs a hoard more nerfs than what they're getting. For a class that has the lowest HP pool and mobility it does, it certainly has the ability to over-tank many people at once.

A good player can tank many trash players on any class and a good player can play more than one class, the status quo won't change after the patch..trash players will still be tanked by a single player, consequently they will come on the forum to cry for more nerfs on profession X and Y....it has been so since the beginning of MMO games and so it will be till the end of MMOs.

The vast majority of player, can only play a single build on a single class and no dev in any game will ever nerf their game to a point where players get far past their actual level...so yeah many hereB will keep dieing to good eles even after the patch, it's inevitable..the good ones wins.,..the bad ones stay at the bottom.

there are people that can play other builds but find them boring/unfun.if someone plays pvp for 5 months and is okish on their class do you think it would be so hard to learn another?nope, just that x people find y fun and nothing else.I dont want to play FB, I dont want to play thief.I want to play mesmer and I might consider playing necro, I find those 2 fun.and if both of them are shit I wont make a FB just to feel awesome, ill play garbage spec or go play something that isnt designed like crap.And this is how most people play, and EVERY class should have at least 1 meta build, and at least 2 other playable onse.and EVERY class should have more then 1 playstyle.THIS is what balance is.If i was ranger main that played ranger and ranger only for 4 years, and just pvp casually with soulbeast, what do you think I would do?do you think I would make FB becouse its gonna be broken or just leave pvp and do some fractals instead?

@Lich King.1524 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:I just wanna know why Fresh Air had to take a big hit with the brainless condi spam build. The build is more honest than the fire Weaver spam lmao. And you got the flavor of the month guys saying they else mains but when they saw this patch every one of them went radio silent. Interesting.

looks we have to forget about FA. Because damage and heal were nerfed , but enemy's hp and armor - not.

Yea everyone forgot about FA because they couldn't see past fIrE wEaVeR meme. Now the skillful players that were learning/mastered/climbing with FA now has to suffer because some apes wanted to get their rocks off and play flavor of the month on a class that had a history of being only useful as a bunker.

Amazing. FA Weaver lasted maybe a month or two at best before air traits got and double attuning bonuses got nerfed. Surprised fire Weaver even lasted this long at all.

Will repeat for Arenanet:

Dear Arenanet,

"Twist of Fate: Increased ammo recharge from 40 seconds to 75 seconds"

Regarding sPvP:

Please reconsider this nerf of ToF,Ele has lowest HP pool and armor, no blockes, no stealth, no stunbreaks, etcand has no other ways to survive just to use different skills.You plan to nerf ALL other evade skills, its already enough: +50%, 12s => 18sWhy ToF + 100%?! Whats the logic behind?If creates large window for foes to kill ele without any issues.But this skill you plan to nerf even twice: removed stability from trait and increased CD to.... 75 sec!Are you kidding us? Or want us not to stop playing Ele in sPvP?What is the point of skill with CD as long as Elite skills on other classes?You want to nerf FireEle but you will nerf all weaver's builds.

War may kill ele from 1 skill today and from 2 skills tomorrow (after the nerf).You spoke about necessity of counterplay, I fully agree, it's very good intention, but where is implementation?!seriously guys how you suppose to counterplay war now? No healing anymore, still no armor, no HP, no skills to evade. 75s CD on stunbreack and without stability?!...How to counterpay a stunlock?

Please reconsider this nerf of ToF.

Best Regards,Your Ele,/played time on Ele: 14,704 hours in 2716 days (mostly sPvP)

Those who think ele will be unplayable after that may not have played it during its darkest days. There are still available options that are just not as facerolling. Underperforming? Maybe, but we'll have to test it in the newly formed ecosystem. That patch is not an end, it's a new road.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"reddie.5861" said:wat kind of ele do you play? any decent ele can just hold 2 people easily if not 3 and still kill em off..ele is kitten strong... (ele = weaver obviously)

Decent ele
vs "2 people"....I like your honesty, you didn't try to say "decent ele vs 2 decent players"...but yeah decent anything can vs 2 below average of anything...it will always be so

sadly i have seen decent people wakking on decent ele and at the end they just give up on the guy cus it takes to much time and its totally not worth it..decapped node and they ran off obviously its insta recap but w/e..ele sustain is over the top if people cant agree on that then they are obviously like a guy followin his first tru love blind for everything doesnt see the obvious etc.

They should just remove 1 charge and give it a 30 second cooldown.

This would be a nerf still because yu can no longer chain double ToF within a 5 second window gap, but it's still a strong and reliable Stunbreak which provides anti pressure once stunbroken.

Considering Weaver's intended playstyle of a melee fighter, this would be way better than just slapping an insane cooldown onto it.

If their intention was to make Weaver slot more Stunbreaks or Stability utilities, removing Stab from the trait Bolstered Elements will should already have been enough, since it was pretty much abused by every single Weaver due to how good it is to have Stability from 3 sources, one which is on a decently low cooldown (Primordial Stance)

yeah, actually this CD has no sense, as melee fighter with a light armor and low health need some stunbreaks and evades (not every 75 secs). If not, You could change the mechanic of sword with longer range and we will not need to stay inside capture points. People always forget that fireweaver is made of paper without invisibility or blink, 1 DeadEyes (or other power/crit class) that focus it for 3 seconds can owned it easly.

@Koen.1327 said:did you look at other classes' nerf?

Twist of fate is getting nerfed a lot more than the average skill of this nature, along with a couple other evades on ele and some on other classes.

There is a fine line between toning down evasion uptime that is too high, and pandering to less-skilled players who blow all their skills while someone is evading then complain that evades/defenses are OP. This comes pretty close to that line.

@Odik.4587 said:

@Yasai.3549 said:They should just remove 1 charge and give it a
30 second cooldown
.Ahahahahahahahaha.Minimum 60 and weaver stab trait to 1s,

and also then a poison effect to himself and death -.-Stop to spam random words to instigate people, the game is funny when It does not last long, we are speaking about a seriuos and inappropriate nerf.

@Wayne.6253 said:

@Yasai.3549 said:They should just remove 1 charge and give it a
30 second cooldown
.Ahahahahahahahaha.Minimum 60 and weaver stab trait to 1s,

and also then a poison effect to himself and death -.-Thats also a good option. Please anet.Stop to spam random words to instigate people, the game is funny when It does not last long, we are speaking about a seriuos and inappropriate nerf.Spam ... random words... Random word generator:doll therapist building devote lay emergency name aluminium ostracize coincidence. Is it enough ?