Anet really has me worked up now

slpr.2647

@Rukia.9860 said:

@"Cuddy.6247" said:Yes, it's worth it. Artificial scarcity works wonders to sell low shelf items. If they left everything up all the time, people would only buy what they want and not really pursue impulse buys. IMO it just goes really far to show how messed up the gem store is though. In an ideal world all of the quality would be similar enough that there'd be no need for sales or discontinuations (see: GW1's cash shop, where you can get anything you want at any time). This game is more store front than game though, so you need to look at it from a retail perspective.

Bad practices with rotating DENIAL of items to customers. Its not like they can run out of stock of a digital item. They just want to engage with panic purchasers and screw the rest. That is terribly frustrating.

If only there was some type of subscription model they could implement to save players from this predatory system..Buy 2 play is now worse than sub thanks to scummy cash shop practices, GW2 is proof enough of that, but there was plenty proof before.ESO is proof that both systems can work in tandem very well.FF14/WoW/ESO is proof people are still willing to pay sub to avoid these predatory marketing schemes.

ANet will milk this cow till its dead instead of doing whats right, and it will have died never having added anything new that was significant since abandoning expansions. I'll be glad to see 1 of the remaining so called "buy 2 play" games nope the heck out of the market because what they really are is predatory gambling systems under the guise of a video game.GW1 was truly buy 2 play, and it was way too good to be true with constant content being flung out, I knew that wouldn't last but it was impressive while it did.

GW2 still has a couple years worth of milking its customers with mount skins and such so fasten your seat belts its gonna be a wild ride.

Wow do the same thing as Gw2 ( selling mount skins and pets) while having sub fee aswell.

So, you pay a sub fee for WoW and get mounts in game, so you essentially are paying for them with the subscription. So, in GW2, buy gems every month (hey--it's kinda like a subscription!) and then buy the mount skins from the store. If we're going to compare apples and oranges (WoW/GW2) then let's go all of the way and not stop when it's convenient to support one side or the other of the argument.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:you do know 60 statuettes is equal to 9000 gems right?so in case you wanna know, it's overpriced regardless.

At 1 statuette per chest...

Keys (single) sell for 125 gems, so 60 x 125 = 7,500 gems.

The most efficient way to buy 60 keys would be: 2 x 25 keys @ 2,100 gems each plus 2 x 5 keys @ 450 gems each, for a total of 5,100 gems.

Not 9,000.

However, to get 5,100 gems one would have to buy 4,000 @ $50 plus 1,600 @ $20, so $70 with 500 gems left over.

So, yes, buying keys to get statuettes to get a wanted item will be over-priced for some, even if you over-stated the amount.

A typical MMO player spends $180 a year ($15/mo) to have a chance to WORK on armor/outfit they want that's not even close the to quality of armor/outfit you get from GW2's BLC. In that context, since GW2 don't have monthly fee, $70 for a good looking armor/outfit is a bargain.

and the reason why i don't pay monthly fee games as much is because i don't want to pay 180 a year, 70 bucks for an armor is crazy expensive considering you can get one for the same IRL. (which is worth more)also, i think you're outdated with your idea of a typical MMO, nowadays an MMO is mostly free with an optional subscription.

but my statement is still true, 60 statuettes is way to overpriced, lowering it to 30 already lowers the blow of an already overly expensive item that can't even be sold on the TP.

ps. i calculated the chests with it, adding the gem->gold ratio to get chests quickly adds to the gems needed.

@sorudo.9054 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:you do know 60 statuettes is equal to 9000 gems right?so in case you wanna know, it's overpriced regardless.

At 1 statuette per chest...

Keys (single) sell for 125 gems, so 60 x 125 = 7,500 gems.

The most efficient way to buy 60 keys would be: 2 x 25 keys @ 2,100 gems each plus 2 x 5 keys @ 450 gems each, for a total of 5,100 gems.

Not 9,000.

However, to get 5,100 gems one would have to buy 4,000 @ $50 plus 1,600 @ $20, so $70 with 500 gems left over.

So, yes, buying keys to get statuettes to get a wanted item will be over-priced for some, even if you over-stated the amount.

A typical MMO player spends $180 a year ($15/mo) to have a chance to WORK on armor/outfit they want that's not even close the to quality of armor/outfit you get from GW2's BLC. In that context, since GW2 don't have monthly fee, $70 for a good looking armor/outfit is a bargain.

and the reason why i don't pay monthly fee games as much is because i don't want to pay 180 a year, 70 bucks for an armor is crazy expensive considering you can get one for the same IRL. (which is worth more)also, i think you're outdated with your idea of a typical MMO, nowadays an MMO is mostly free with an optional subscription.

but my statement is still true, 60 statuettes is way to overpriced, lowering it to 30 already lowers the blow of an already overly expensive item that can't even be sold on the TP.

ps. i calculated the chests with it, adding the gem->gold ratio to get chests quickly adds to the gems needed.

Free MMO? No such thing. Now, "free" MMO, then I agree.