Illuminated Boreal Weapons: WTH FOR REAL?!?! - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Illuminated Boreal Weapons: WTH FOR REAL?!?!

13>

Comments

• I also contacted the Arenanet support service and I received this email (translated from French):

"Regarding the problem you are experiencing, we inform you that Arena Net is doing these investigations and is working to place a more efficient method for the recovery of these objects that you miss in game. We have no news for the moment no specific time this procedure will take but please wait for our team to update you. "

I am disappointed to see that the reactions of the support service, faced with an identical problem, are different depending on the people.

Some received their weapons quickly, others like me have to wait for a hypothetical solution ...

I find this unfair and absolutely unprofessional.

• i also finally got a reply and did not get weapons back :(

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Von Dobbs.9072 said:
    I also contacted the Arenanet support service and I received this email (translated from French):

"Regarding the problem you are experiencing, we inform you that Arena Net is doing these investigations and is working to place a more efficient method for the recovery of these objects that you miss in game. We have no news for the moment no specific time this procedure will take but please wait for our team to update you. "

I am disappointed to see that the reactions of the support service, faced with an identical problem, are different depending on the people.

Some received their weapons quickly, others like me have to wait for a hypothetical solution ...

I find this unfair and absolutely unprofessional.

@iwanpompier.5612 said:
    i also finally got a reply and did not get weapons back :(

I would (politely) escalate or at least reply linking this thread. They can't set a precedent for some and take it away for others on an arbitrary basis

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• They themselves link this thread!

Here is the entire message:

"Regarding the problem you are experiencing, we inform you that Arena Net is doing these investigations and is working to place a more efficient method for the recovery of these objects that you miss in game. We have no news for the moment nor the precise time that this procedure will take but please wait while our team announces the latest news to you.
    You can consult the following link for updates on the subject in question:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1144703/#Comment_1144703

We appreciate your patience during this time and we remain at your disposal for any other question or problem encountered (:

Regards,

GM Ashtzel"

• Brycar.2651Brycar.2651 Member ✭✭✭

My spidey sense told me this would be the case. The T2 are too plain looking. And didn’t an announcement say they would be upgradeable ?

• It seems to me that, faced with a fairly serious problem in the game, the reaction of the support service should have been consistent and identical for each of the players concerned.

I am uncomfortable with this situation where some players received their weapons quickly, and others did not.

Why such a disparity?

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Voltekka.2375 said:
    So, I just submit a ticket (I had made all T2 weapons), and they will restore them?

Thats what I did and it got approved.

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

Alas, I did not get them returned. I guess since they've decided to come up with an in game method (that likely will take yet more resources/time on our parts unless there is a one-time free replacement), they aren't going to keep on just restoring them like the lucky early ticket folks did. At least I got a nice warm tone in my boilerplate compared to others before me in this thread :) I guess I'll just work on assembling mats, it's not like I have all the ingots needed yet. And I did manage not to salvage four of the weapons so I can upgrade those while I wait for the others to be available.

Hello there (my name here),
    I understand you salvaged / vendored the Restored Boreal Weapons. I am sorry about that!
    We are currently in the process of looking into an alternative method for players to reobtain these weapons.
    In the meantime, please keep an eye on the forum thread here for updates, as they will likely have updates there before we do here :p
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/96415/illuminated-boreal-weapons-wth-for-real/
    We will get back to you as soon as possible about this issue. Thank you so much for your patience with us!
    (✿◠‿◠)
    Regards,
    GM Fiction
    Guild Wars 2 Support Team

• leila.7962leila.7962 Member ✭✭
    edited January 29, 2020

[Suggestion]

Why just not create a NPC that checks if the player already have the restored skins unlocked (because some people made them to sell instead of bind them for the collection), and then, the player can receive ONE of each type of the weapons that they actually unlocked previously ?
    Also make the retrieved weapons account bound on pick up or else the market will be flooded with the weapons.

Dinosaurs are awesome!

• Rawr.
  • Support appears to no longer restore the weapons, because i was just denied while being told to wait for the ingame option. So dont bother making tickets now.

• Submitted a ticket. Was directed to this thread.
    Glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue.
    Really disappointing.

• @Donari.5237 said:
    Alas, I did not get them returned. I guess since they've decided to come up with an in game method (that likely will take yet more resources/time on our parts unless there is a one-time free replacement), they aren't going to keep on just restoring them like the lucky early ticket folks did. At least I got a nice warm tone in my boilerplate compared to others before me in this thread :) I guess I'll just work on assembling mats, it's not like I have all the ingots needed yet. And I did manage not to salvage four of the weapons so I can upgrade those while I wait for the others to be available.

I understand you salvaged / vendored the Restored Boreal Weapons. I am sorry about that!
    We are currently in the process of looking into an alternative method for players to reobtain these weapons.
    In the meantime, please keep an eye on the forum thread here for updates, as they will likely have updates there before we do here :p
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/96415/illuminated-boreal-weapons-wth-for-real/
    We will get back to you as soon as possible about this issue. Thank you so much for your patience with us!
    (✿◠‿◠)
    Regards,
    GM Fiction

I got the exact same reply from GM Fiction.
    I responded saying that I hope the proposed solution is as easy and cost-free as offered to others that had their weapons replaced by GM Fiction.

We will see.

• Hashberry.4510Hashberry.4510 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Donari.5237 said:

(✿◠‿◠)
    Regards,
    GM Fiction

I responded saying that I hope the proposed solution is as easy and cost-free as offered to others that had their weapons replaced by GM Fiction.

We will see.

I know some folks that got their weapons restored, then promptly sold them, planning on crafting them again with the presumably cheaper incoming method. I guess Anet decided to cut that off.

edited January 29, 2020

@Hashberry.4510 said:

@Donari.5237 said:

(✿◠‿◠)
    Regards,
    GM Fiction

We will see.

I know some folks that got their weapons restored, then promptly sold them, planning on crafting them again with the presumably cheaper incoming method. I guess Anet decided to cut that off.

Great no wonder they stoped restoring them, some people just have to ruin it for the rest. ( my weapons are still in the mail waiting for me to do the story and get materials for achiv)

Edit
    Imo anet should just remove the gold from those people that sold them and let the ones who bought them keep the weapons.
    Cant be that many that did it so should be easy to track the blt history.

• i guess tickets are processed based on gem purchases
    when u made the ticket has nothing to do if u do or don't get them restored

@iwanpompier.5612 said:
    i guess tickets are processed based on gem purchases
    when u made the ticket has nothing to do if u do or don't get them restored

Dont think so I havent bought many gems, around 2k since the start of the game.

• and i have bought 0 and it took 9 hours to get a reply from support

• Haven't bought any and got a response in a couple of hours.

• Liston.9708Liston.9708 Member ✭✭✭

Sent ticket from both accounts this morning. Got the wee spins restored on 1 acct. hadn’t gotten the weapons on the other as of 1 hour ago. Guessing got the mail.

• Heibi.4251Heibi.4251 Member ✭✭✭

I also finished the T2 version of the weapons, but they said they will be looking into an alternative method. Give them some time and collect the ingots while you wait. Relax.

Henge of Denravi Commander
    CA/CH/HOD/AIR

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2020

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:
    This is the first time they have actually used the word upgradable correctly.

These problems wouldn't happen if Anet was consistent with how they've done rewards in the past. No previous "upgrade" set has needed the previous equipment as a material to craft them. Astral/Stellar weapons. Elegy/Requiem armor. Dragonsblood weapons. Mist Shard armor.

Aren't you forgetting about the Craftsman backpacks?
    And in a sense, you need to upgrade Precursors, too. Although the necessary parts are salvaged from prior versions.

The craftsman packs didn't launch at different times.

If T1 to T2 did not require the physical weapon, why would T3 Boreal? That's utterly inconsistent within the set itself let alone compared to other living story episodes. By requiring the physical weapon it also screws with the economy since T3 / Illuminated are accountbound. The pricing is more in line with ascended as well.

Legendary weapons need the ascended precursor, but these are exotics.

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:
    This is the first time they have actually used the word upgradable correctly.

These problems wouldn't happen if Anet was consistent with how they've done rewards in the past. No previous "upgrade" set has needed the previous equipment as a material to craft them. Astral/Stellar weapons. Elegy/Requiem armor. Dragonsblood weapons. Mist Shard armor.

Aren't you forgetting about the Craftsman backpacks?
    And in a sense, you need to upgrade Precursors, too. Although the necessary parts are salvaged from prior versions.

Craftsman backpacks are not advertised as "upgrades" sets. Precursors say they are used to make a legendary directly on the item. So neither of these examples count long before thinking about them.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

more proper way is make unblokable to sell new recipe only if precursor-skin is open. And don't include weapon as item in recipe.
    This come like standard very otfen.

• Andy.5981Andy.5981 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2020

I too sent an support ticket to Anet yesterday at 12:03 UK time, asking for the entire set to be restored, since I just salvaged them. They were made purely for the achievement since all of my characters have better gear. I did get a prompt response at 20:28 UK time (not a bad turn around rate) from one of the GM as below.

Hello there XXXXXX ,

(✿◠‿◠)

Regards,

GM Fiction

I'll wait, since its not the end of the world and I'm sure it will be sorted out. However, what is slightly concerning having read through this thread, is the fact that despite all customers being equal, some are being treated differently to others. If some have had all of their weapons restored, then that should apply equally across the board.

• @Andy.5981 said:

However, what is slightly concerning having read through this thread, is the fact that despite all customers being equal, some are being treated differently to others. If some have had all of their weapons restored, then that should apply equally across the board.

The whole problem is there, in fact!

Don't want to get caught in these snarl ups? Don't rush in the first week or two. Nothing new here.

@Andy.5981 said:
    I too sent an support ticket to Anet yesterday at 12:03 UK time, asking for the entire set to be restored, since I just salvaged them. They were made purely for the achievement since all of my characters have better gear. I did get a prompt response at 20:28 UK time (not a bad turn around rate) from one of the GM as below.

Hello there XXXXXX ,

(✿◠‿◠)

Regards,

GM Fiction

I'll wait, since its not the end of the world and I'm sure it will be sorted out. However, what is slightly concerning having read through this thread, is the fact that despite all customers being equal, some are being treated differently to others. If some have had all of their weapons restored, then that should apply equally across the board.

Guess you dident read through the thread or you would have seen why they dont restore anymore.
    Im one of two who got it restored in this thread.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Hashberry.4510 said:

@Donari.5237 said:

(✿◠‿◠)
    Regards,
    GM Fiction

We will see.

Great no wonder they stoped restoring them, some people just have to ruin it for the rest. ( my weapons are still in the mail waiting for me to do the story and get materials for achiv)

Edit
    Imo anet should just remove the gold from those people that sold them and let the ones who bought them keep the weapons.

• Andy.5981Andy.5981 Member ✭✭✭

@Linken.6345 said:

@Andy.5981 said:

Hello there XXXXXX ,

(✿◠‿◠)

Regards,

GM Fiction

Guess you dident read through the thread or you would have seen why they dont restore anymore.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Hashberry.4510 said:

@Donari.5237 said:

(✿◠‿◠)
    Regards,
    GM Fiction

We will see.

Edit

Yes you're right I didn't read the final few posts, but despite your pedantry, I still stand with my assertion. Some people, you being one of two documented in this thread (there may be far more that haven't posted), are being treated differently. That is an issue.

@Andy.5981 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

@Andy.5981 said:

Hello there XXXXXX ,

(✿◠‿◠)

Regards,

GM Fiction

@Linken.6345 said:

@Hashberry.4510 said:

@Donari.5237 said:

(✿◠‿◠)
    Regards,
    GM Fiction

We will see.

Edit

Yes you're right I didn't read the final few posts, but despite your pedantry, I still stand with my assertion. Some people, you being one of two documented in this thread (there may be far more that haven't posted), are being treated differently. That is an issue.

Yes and the reason people are now treated diffrently is some abused the gift of the developers to make a quick gold infusion.

• @Connor Fallon.9408 said:
    Hi All,
    We are working on an alternative, easier way to reobtain the T2 weapons for those who have already crafted them. We don’t currently have a time frame for this, but will update you when we know more.

Should I be saving anyT3 boreal weapons I craft for some sorta T4 version or can I safely salvage these? Be real good to know one way or the other.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

"The merchant Humble Stone in the village of Still Waters Speaking now offers a limited supply of spare Restored Boreal weapons to players who have previously crafted them."
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/96243/game-update-notes-january-28-2020#latest

I'm guessing this is the fix?

I can't see what they cost because I haven't crafted any of them yet.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die. Drain you of your sanity, face the thing that should not be"

The cost is 2 silver 64 copper and 10 eternal ice shards each. Not too bad at all. I haven't bought one yet to see if it's a one-time deal, but mousing over them gives no stats in the tool tips, instead it shows as a "consumable." Which suggests one use.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Donari.5237 said:
    The cost is 2 silver 64 copper and 10 eternal ice shards each. Not too bad at all. I haven't bought one yet to see if it's a one-time deal, but mousing over them gives no stats in the tool tips, instead it shows as a "consumable." Which suggests one use.

I suspect that's what the "limited supply" in the patch notes means. It makes sense - if you could buy as many as you wanted they'd have to make them expensive to stop it being an infinite supply of cheap exotic weapons and that would defeat the point of letting players buy replacements because they didn't know they'd want to keep them.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die. Drain you of your sanity, face the thing that should not be"

• Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭✭

You also can salvage um and i bet mf too but 1 each so anyone that got them restored and sold them got a free 150g and good job anet for quick fix but those players should be punished somehow. I had kept 6 but could buy those 6 again

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    You also can salvage um and i bet mf too but 1 each so anyone that got them restored and sold them got a free 150g and good job anet for quick fix but those players should be punished somehow. I had kept 6 but could buy those 6 again

Bench then for a week.

• Kameko.8314Kameko.8314 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2020

It is a kick in the gut to the community. IF IF IF , they made them NOT salvageable and we simply deleted that's a new thing. And ALMOST a ok you messed up. Even moreso if they would have said "these will be precursors for the next patches weapons". But the fact they just put these weapons in that take up a crapload of bank space and then can easily salvage without any warning of they could be used later. Yah a big middle finger.

Hey anet, please uppen the professionalism in communication because this is ANYTHING BUT professional.

Writing in my ticket as well.

Also pssst anet - you should have addressed this issue KNOWING people would have salvaged . You should have said it from patch notes "we know you made these and may have salvaged here is xyz fix" the fact you lay ignorant and silent is a big ooof.

@Kameko.8314 said:
    It is a kick in the gut to the community. IF IF IF , they made them NOT salvageable and we simply deleted that's a new thing. And ALMOST a ok you messed up. Even moreso if they would have said "these will be precursors for the next patches weapons". But the fact they just put these weapons in that take up a crapload of bank space and then can easily salvage without any warning of they could be used later. Yah a big middle finger.

Hey anet, please uppen the professionalism in communication because this is ANYTHING BUT professional.

Writing in my ticket as well.

Already a fix in, cost afew silver and bjora map currency.
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/96243/game-update-notes-january-28-2020#latest
    The merchant Humble Stone in the village of Still Waters Speaking now offers a limited supply of spare Restored Boreal weapons to players who have previously crafted them.

Limited supply seem to mean 1 of each weapon so you can craft the next tier.

• Von Dobbs.9072Von Dobbs.9072 Member ✭✭
    edited January 31, 2020

Thanks for the quick fix, ArenaNet <3

Anets quick turn around here is pretty encouraging.

• Well i am just going to hope there is no t4, because i just salvaged all my t3s.

• Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:
    Well i am just going to hope there is no t4, because i just salvaged all my t3s.

Any gemstones from them? JW. I won't salvage and be in same spot as last time even tho anet should learnand it be safe

• Shadowmoon.7986Shadowmoon.7986 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2020

Got 0 gemstones and ingots. So it appears you can not recover or i was extremely unlucky.

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:
    Got 0 gemstones and ingots. So it appears you can not recover or i was extremely unlucky.

I bought and salvaged the four I still had iterations of, will hold onto all the others to make the upgrades. I did get ingots (don't recall if I got one each or just up to four). No gemstones. I can see that completing the Illuminated set will take some time. I haven't yet completed the masteries that supposedly give better loot, so I have fingers lightly crossed that the gemstones will be in the better loot tables since making two gemstones used up most of my relevant mats stock.

Thanks for the update! Many much love