DX12 for GW2. Do yourself a favor, try this out.

The tool called d912pxy, it's basically a dx9=>dx12 wrapper for GW2. It's been out for awhile and was discussed on those forums and on reddit etc., but back then it was raw and unstable and i feel like it's been awhile now. Recently new version 2.0 was released that added AVX support among other things. I haven't been playing GW2 for over a year now and over the game's lifetime one of the things i grew to heavily despise (probably the most even) is it's performance. Few days ago i decided to give it another spin, while thinking to myself, that it probably won't last long and as i have enough of this jerky stuttery mess i'll quit once more. However, i did download latest d912pxy, without having high hopes, but just to check, and oh boi was i in for a ride. I mean, modern PC gaming is not what it used to be in 2000s, nowadays every1 with a modest midrange PC can treat oneself to a smooth 60+ performance in almost any game, i certainly did, i grew accustomed to it and i love it. I just don't play a game if it doesn't perform as it should. And in that sense GW2 is truly stuck in the past with it's yew so shameful performance. I really feel like having a go at AN here, but fk it. Now, it's not about raw numbers, your average and minimum framerates. It's about frametimes and consistency.
For me it's basically completely revitalized my interest and enjoyment of the game, the world of Tyria suddenly shines with bright new colors, every encounter is enjoyable. I think everyone should give it a go and as many ppl as possible should be made aware of it. There basically should be a sign on the main page for new players: "Play using this!"

Short educational video:

Tnx for reading.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Aza.2105 said:

@DoRi Silvia.4159 said:Been recently seeing alot of people in game talking about this. I might give this a go when I get home tonight... anything to gain another 10 or so fps !!!

I've been using it for awhile. Its very nice.

Couldn't find too much info on a google search, is the improvement significant or just a subtle difference ? Like was there a big difference in fps and just general smoothness ingame?

Now I cant wait to go home and try this

@DoRi Silvia.4159 said:

@Aza.2105 said:

@DoRi Silvia.4159 said:Been recently seeing alot of people in game talking about this. I might give this a go when I get home tonight... anything to gain another 10 or so fps !!!

Couldn't find too much info on a google search, is the improvement significant or just a subtle difference ? Like was there a big difference in fps and just general smoothness ingame?

Depends on your system. I found no noticeable improvement when I tried it last year but others report significant improvements for them.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Aza.2105 said:

Depends on your system. I found no noticeable improvement when I tried it last year but others report significant improvements for them.

Ah yes I did watch a video and it was showing the optimal requirements to use the system and my rig will do the job...I Will install and compare tonight and report back on my results here

Woohoo ! Something new to try for gw2 :》

@Bassdeff.1895 said:I haven't tried it on it's but as a D3D9_chainload with ArcDPS and I was getting all kinds a graphical gltiches like certain things not getting rendered. i don't know if it is d912pxy or ArcDPS but it doesn't matter either way cause Arcdps takes priority.

A friend also runs it this way and the boss, characters, and tells were not being rendered in the new strike mission last night.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Aza.2105 said:

Indeed.

It is a very YMMV. Most low end systems will probbaly see some gains, however there is overhead with this, so some might not. And from what I have seen on my personal rigs, higher end systems see no gain or massive drops in performance and loading or graphical glitches. My main rig went from 140-200FPS to 60-80FPS, not only is that a massive drop, but even at those frames (which should feel very smooth still), it felt horrible, closer to 20-30FPS. This was due to constant drops to sub 10FPS that were so short they don't show on a FPS counter, but showed in logs.

I still check it out from time to time when updates come out, however, I still have not see any FPS gains on my personal rigs since I first heard about the wrapper.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@Aza.2105 said:

Indeed.

It is a very YMMV. Most low end systems will probbaly see some gains, however there is overhead with this, so some might not. And from what I have seen on my personal rigs, higher end systems see no gain or massive drops in performance and loading or graphical glitches. My main rig went from 140-200FPS to 60-80FPS, not only is that a massive drop, but even at those frames (which should feel very smooth still), it felt horrible, closer to 20-30FPS. This was due to constant drops to sub 10FPS that were so short they don't show on a FPS counter, but showed in logs.

I still check it out from time to time when updates come out, however, I still have not see any FPS gains on my personal rigs since I first heard about the wrapper.

Seems like a version 2.0 was released 4 days ago with the addition of AVX support,Have you tried the latest version?

@DoRi Silvia.4159 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:Nice, I see I have to upgrade mine again. It works great!!

edit, I cheered too soon. Install failed :P

What happened ? Installed and it wont launch? I read somewhere to use 2.0 your cpu must support AVX if not keep using 1.9

When I hit install it complains about a missing dll. Might have done something wrong but usually it is just hit install and done. Not behind my pc now so I c ant remember the exact name.

@aspirine.6852 said:

What happened ? Installed and it wont launch? I read somewhere to use 2.0 your cpu must support AVX if not keep using 1.9

When I hit install it complains about a missing dll. Might have done something wrong but usually it is just hit install and done. Not behind my pc now so I c ant remember the exact name.

Missing dlls usually means the install location was not in the right folder. Is there a guide for this?

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:

Missing dlls usually means the install location was not in the right folder. Is there a guide for this?

Yeah I might have done something stupid. Still recommend it though, the previous installs worked great.

@galuf.5741 said:I don't see how this tool will bump my experience when I'm fps capped for my monitor in full configuration tho. I believe that actually gw2 is a bit more demanding, maybe it would do fine for people with midrange specs.

So your rig is able to hold solid fps in big zerg maps of like 50 + people spamming skills? If so then please share your specs.......it is very difficult to achieve high fps in populated demanding areas wvw for example, but the app looks like it helps to utilize more cores rather than being single heavy, thus gaining better performance. Pretty sure also that the main advantage is not your avg frame rate but your lowest fps drop will see increase.Have seen people reporting where they used to get 20-30 fps is now seeing 45-60

My rig is the same I get 100+ fps in a quiet area until I come across a big squad or a big meta event happens it drops to lowest 20-25. Which is why I'm so eager to try this out

@DoRi Silvia.4159 said:

@galuf.5741 said:I don't see how this tool will bump my experience when I'm fps capped for my monitor in full configuration tho. I believe that actually gw2 is a bit more demanding, maybe it would do fine for people with midrange specs.

So your rig is able to hold solid fps in big zerg maps of like 50 + people spamming skills? If so then please share your specs.......it is very difficult to achieve high fps in populated demanding areas wvw for example, but the app looks like it helps to utilize more cores rather than being single heavy, thus gaining better performance. Pretty sure also that the main advantage is not your avg frame rate but your lowest fps drop will see increase.Have seen people reporting where they used to get 20-30 fps is now seeing 45-60

My rig is the same I get 100+ fps in a quiet area until I come across a big squad or a big meta event happens it drops to lowest 20-25. Which is why I'm so eager to try this out

I run at full fps anywhere and at any time. I've got 64GB ram, an i9, a 2nd gen ssd and a 2080TI. Also, I want to note that most of the time I feel like the youtubers don't run the game nearly as well as I do.

The instructions, guides, troubleshooting as well as a showcase of performance gains are all on the d912pxy's github page. Just google gw2 dx12 and it should be the first link u get. There's a separate section for using it with other addons and overlays, where explained how to install it with ArcDps, Reshade, GW2Radial. I personally used an AVX2 build with Reshade 4.3 (use only this version) and i haven't had crashes in 2 days time. I also briefly played with overlays like Taco, PAO, Navi, seemed fine, but didn't test it extensively. The whole installation takes like 5-10 mins (less).

As i said, it's not about raw numbers, like average fps or even minimum fps. Those are higher for me too. But main advantage is consistent frametimes. That's why it feels so smooth. Just try it out, there's nothing to loose here. I'am not sure what's the point in reporting your performance on a rig that sports i9 clocked at 5ghz. And? There's nothing remotely mainstream about it. For reference my rig is r5 1600@4ghz with 1660Ti. There's literally zero useful information in claims like "i have 140 fps locked".