Game client evidently not finishing the game download?

I reset Windows today and reinstalled the GW2 client and game straight from the website by logging in and clicking the download link. I left the game to download without any interruptions and it got to 93% and then stopped for some reason. Perhaps my internet went out or perhaps it was something else; not quiet for sure. In any case, now when I open the game client it still says that I have a little of 31 thousand files left to download and shows that it is downloading files and the files downloaded counter keeps going up. The thing is, the percentage never increases and it doesn't seem to ever finish. I have been able to play the game just fine without any issues so far. I just do not know if there really are still in fact files that have not downloaded yet or if there is some bug/glitch with the game client. Anyone else encounter this before or have any suggestions? I guess if it doesn't cause any issues then so be it, but I just don't want to run into an issue whenever it comes time to download another patch/update. Thanks!

@CrimeDog.5614 said:I reset Windows today and reinstalled the GW2 client and game straight from the website by logging in and clicking the download link. I left the game to download without any interruptions and it got to 93% and then stopped for some reason. Perhaps my internet went out or perhaps it was something else; not quiet for sure. In any case, now when I open the game client it still says that I have a little of 31 thousand files left to download and shows that it is downloading files and the files downloaded counter keeps going up. The thing is, the percentage never increases and it doesn't seem to ever finish. I have been able to play the game just fine without any issues so far. I just do not know if there really are still in fact files that have not downloaded yet or if there is some bug/glitch with the game client. Anyone else encounter this before or have any suggestions? I guess if it doesn't cause any issues then so be it, but I just don't want to run into an issue whenever it comes time to download another patch/update. Thanks!

You can find workarounds for this issue in the 'Support' sub-forum.

Good luck.