Purchasing Expansion bundle does not give you 2 shared slots

Shared slot is a very beneficial and convenient feature for all players. We are normally given 2 shared slots per expansion purchased.

However, now you can purchase the bundle of 2 expansion at once when planning to upgrade your account. Though this seems like a nice deal, which it still is, there are some drawbacks as how it is implemented. By upgrading/purchasing the expansions this way, which is how free account will be prompted to see now, you miss the reward of a boost and 1 shared slot. You can have a total of 24 shared slots. 22 purchased from Gem store. And another 2 from 1 expansion each. However, purchasing/upgrading with the bundle deal will only give you 1 shared slot with both expansion obtained.

At first, this seems to confuse me so I sent a ticket and expressed my disappointment which how this is implemented. Also, asking for the solution on how to get that missing shared slot. Here's the reply:

First reply

Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team! We apologize for the wait as we have been experiencing a lot of high traffic as of late.

I understand that you are missing a shared inventory slot. I took a look at your account and I see that you have purchased the 22 maximum slots from the gem store and have only purchased the Path of Fire expansion. The reason you are missing 1 slot is because you didn't purchase Heart of Thorns separately; purchasing the expansions separately would give you 1 lvl 80 boost and 1 shared inventory slot (that the boost would go in), however now that Heart of Thorns is packaged with Path of Fire you only receive 1 shared inventory slot with the purchase of Path of Fire. So that is the reason why you do not have the 24 slots, you didn't purchase Heart of Thorns separately.

Second replyPlease understand that we are part of Customer Support. We have no influence in the changes made within the game. Only the development team can make such changes. We have found that the best way for the development team to gather and review player feedback and suggestions is through our official forums. We ask players to post their ideas in our Official Forums: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/

Members of the Development Team read the forums daily, and while they usually cannot respond to individual suggestions, the fact that team members can review those suggestions in a public forum helps them gauge the level of interest in a particular idea, and also allows other players to discuss and offer feedback of their own.

With that said, you can check out the official Guild Wars 2 Website, or our official supported retailers list, which we will provide down below in order to purchase the Heart of Thorns expansion.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/retailers/#UnitedStates-physical

So for me to get that shared slot, I have to purchase HoT expansion again even though I have already owned it. To make the matter worse, you cannot obtain this last shared slot any other way. For example, if you upgrade your account this way and purchased all the shared slot available to purchase in gem store, you will still be missing 1 shared slot. You can only have a maximum of 23 shared slot on the account. If you want that last slot, you will have to purchase HoT expansion separately again.

This is very badly implemented in my personal opinion. This already affects players who has recently purchase/upgrade the game this way and, also, in the future. Whether or not you plan to invest on additional shared slot, you will still be missing 1 shared slot. I hope the team responsible could make an appropriate change about this to help the supportive players now and in the future.

Thank you for reading and shout out to those who are in the same boat as me

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:You get Heart of Thorns free. No cost. It makes sense you don't get the added perks of a purchased expansion. (And, at the present time, both expansions for just $20.00!)It's also clearly stated on the official purchase site what comes in the bundle.

I would not say 'no cost'. There is no such thing as 'no cost'. It is more like a packaged deal and there is always a reason for it.

Clearly stated or not, I doubt new players would know before hand about this issue, which is why I try to raise it.

It is good if the expansion upgrade becomes cheaper for new players to get into, but that is not directly related to the main point here.

@Pspeon.4705 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:You get Heart of Thorns free. No cost. It makes sense you don't get the added perks of a purchased expansion. (And, at the present time, both expansions for just $20.00!)It's also clearly stated on the official purchase site what comes in the bundle.

I would not say 'no cost'. There is no such thing as 'no cost'. It is more like a packaged deal and there is always a reason for it.

Clearly stated or not, I doubt new players would know before hand about this issue, which is why I try to raise it.

It is good if the expansion upgrade becomes cheaper for new players to get into, but that is not directly related to the main point here.

You might not. But ANet does and therefore they have designed the perks of purchasing it that way according to the fact that HoT is now a perk of buying PoF.

Anet created a skin explicitly as an exclusive reward for people who purchased HoT. This inability to purchase the shared slot is likely an oversight, just as it took Anet months to realize that gliders were still locked in the gem store. Fix should be simple enough to increase the regular maximum by 1 (inclusive of the HoT slot). Those who purchased HoT still have a bonus in that it was free for them. Others can buy it separately as normal.

I don't see any entitlement on the part of the OP, I did not see him ask to be given it for free, and he already purchased the others so is clearly not looking for handouts. If anyone is entitled in this thread it's the HoT buyers wanting to keep something exclusive that was never stated to be exclusive, and which isn't even a unique feature, just a 23rd copy of one. It's incredibly petty.

@Leablo.2651 said:Anet created a skin explicitly as an exclusive reward for people who purchased HoT. This inability to purchase the shared slot is likely an oversight, just as it took Anet months to realize that gliders were still locked in the gem store. Fix should be simple enough to increase the regular maximum by 1 (inclusive of the HoT slot). Those who purchased HoT still have a bonus in that it was free for them. Others can buy it separately as normal.

I don't see any entitlement on the part of the OP, I did not see him ask to be given it for free, and he already purchased the others so is clearly not looking for handouts. If anyone is entitled in this thread it's the HoT buyers wanting to keep something exclusive that was never stated to be exclusive, and which isn't even a unique feature, just a 23rd copy of one. It's incredibly petty.

Thank you so much for your comment and right understanding.

I am glad and I wish you the best of days.