PvP Gear for WvW

Cecilia.5179

I played WvW almost every day for several years. I retired because of college and the unique build I spent hours saving up money to craft gear for was rendered obsolete by one nonsensical balance change.I see this balance patch as a big step forward to reigning in the out of whack balance in this game, and hopefully with regular retuning, that will be more true.However, while I enjoyed the incredible unique builds I was able to make with limitless acess to gear, food, and utilities, I think it makes playing WvW far more difficult to get into than it should be. Not only do we need to get expensive PvE gear, but we also have to contend with PvP balance that does not account for all of the powerful buffs, runes, sigils, and stat spreads that the balance team fixed by simply removing.I think if I were to return to playing this game and convince anybody from my former guild to return, I would need to be able to play WvW without having to spend hours farming resources to be viable and have the strongest food buffs up at all times.

Does using PvP amulets and getting rid of consumables in WvW resonate with anybody else?Is anybody else too constrained by time to keep up with the meta?

@Cecilia.5179 said:I played WvW almost every day for several years. I retired because of college and the unique build I spent hours saving up money to craft gear for was rendered obsolete by one nonsensical balance change.I see this balance patch as a big step forward to reigning in the out of whack balance in this game, and hopefully with regular retuning, that will be more true.However, while I enjoyed the incredible unique builds I was able to make with limitless acess to gear, food, and utilities, I think it makes playing WvW far more difficult to get into than it should be. Not only do we need to get expensive PvE gear, but we also have to contend with PvP balance that does not account for all of the powerful buffs, runes, sigils, and stat spreads that the balance team fixed by simply removing.I think if I were to return to playing this game and convince anybody from my former guild to return, I would need to be able to play WvW without having to spend hours farming resources to be viable and have the strongest food buffs up at all times.

Does using PvP amulets and getting rid of consumables in WvW resonate with anybody else?Is anybody else too constrained by time to keep up with the meta?

One of the main reasons people play WvW over PvP is the variety of builds they can craft via the Rune and sigil system. Another is to use those consumables to make up for other shortcomings in a build. This tinkering and tweaking allows for flexibility that PvP does not have. The idea does NOT resonate.

There is a misconstruction that ascended gear/food is necessary to be effective in WvW. Yeah it helps but exotics are fine and with stat selectable gear, its significantly easier to gear classes than it used to be.

As for PvP amulets, I've personally spent a lot of time and resources gearing classes so I don't like the idea of all that gear only usable in PvE (a game mode I don't really play). That said, If they expand the stat options for build flexibility, it could be a good thing for entry level players.

Though, allowing the amulet system for uplevels would be interesting. Or allow the amulets as a exotic pure stat option. Full minstrels, Full Mara ect so people could easily try classes without needing to gear them out but still have the option to invest in better gear.

If they ever add spvp stats to wvw the few players that wvw has left will quit in mass. Your suggestion is terrible. If you want structured pvp go to Spvp.

WvW is about using the gear you got playing the game. That is what most, if not all, mmorpgs do. This is the normal, you play you shape your character, you adquire itens and those itens are used in fight. If the itens you adquire in your journey are not going to be used in fight, might as well go play a MOBA.

Well, id like it if i didnt have my full legendary gear, which i then could basically throw into the dumpster, because i dont pve.

The good thing about it would be that we as a guild could easier experiment with groupbuilds, because most of us dont have legendary stuff... Shame on them, id say :^)

But its too late now, ive put so much money into those legys, i dont want that to be for nothing, and dont say "but you have the skins now". No, there are better looking skins for less money honestly.

• I don't really care much one way or another if this removes the ability to tweak stats etc, but understand that others loves this and would hate it.
  • I personally would love the ability to swap stats on the fly (without grinding legendary, filling half my inventory with gear, getting all that gear in the first place).
  • I'd also like to see food and objective bonuses go away

Overall I'm personally for it, and think it would work pretty well if they added a 2 or 3 part split to the amulet, so you could mix 2 or 3 amulets together. Or as Zikory said to basically have the pvp-amulet replace exotic, but giving you the option to put on other gear on top to replace. (Though it would likely get too complicated at that point).

Then again, I find gearing and leveling so tedious that I'd like to use the PVP-Build system for entire PVE as well.

Ascended Weapons (50g each?)Ascended Armor (40g each?) Furthermore, ascended armor contributes much less than trinkets and weapons.Trinkets = Basically free from various vendors.

Can also be purchased from the wvw vendor over time, but you'd have to be pretty broke to have to rely on that.

If you play regularly for years and cannot save up 400g, that's not really anyone's problem. Even doing dailies alone amounts to 700g a year. Also with the scaling nerfs making gear less relevant, this is the closest to pvp amulet balancing we will (and we should) ever get to.

Nobody loses because of ascended gear. That's simply not an excuse. At exotic to ascended is ~15% difference and ascended trinkets are essentially free.

@Cecilia.5179 said:I played WvW almost every day for several years. I retired because of college and the unique build I spent hours saving up money to craft gear for was rendered obsolete by one nonsensical balance change.I see this balance patch as a big step forward to reigning in the out of whack balance in this game, and hopefully with regular retuning, that will be more true.However, while I enjoyed the incredible unique builds I was able to make with limitless acess to gear, food, and utilities, I think it makes playing WvW far more difficult to get into than it should be. Not only do we need to get expensive PvE gear, but we also have to contend with PvP balance that does not account for all of the powerful buffs, runes, sigils, and stat spreads that the balance team fixed by simply removing.I think if I were to return to playing this game and convince anybody from my former guild to return, I would need to be able to play WvW without having to spend hours farming resources to be viable and have the strongest food buffs up at all times.

No no no no no no

This would instantly cause everyone I pay with myself included to leave the game, the amulet system is a blight.

The game needs more complexity and options not less. sPvP currently has worse balance than WvW.

Ascended gear doesn't take THAT long to farm. Also if your gear was wrecked can't you just statchange it?

Let's see, do I want a fully customizable, piece by piece, system which I can rework to my absolute liking, yes with some cost associated with it (let's not jump the gun here, exotic gear is fine for WvW and that is dirt cheap),

Or

Do I want a riggid predetermined system which makes unique builds near impossible?

Decisions decisions.

To be clear, the only thing interesting about an amulett system would be to bring the stat creep in check which was introduced with ascended. There are better ways to approach this issue without limiting build creativity.

No, WvW is endgame content. Yes we want more people to fight, but no this should be something to work towards. I say this even after entering WvW as an uplevel in green gear and it was rougggggggghhhhh. But that's what makes it endgame content. ANet has given us a pretty good system, even if it is still the least rewarding, method of acquiring gear for the game mode via the WvW currencies. If anything I would ask them for some way to allow for some resets after sizeable balance patches since I have also seen this drive away players after they realized the build they loved was no longer an option and they had to shelf that toon.

But even that, no would not want an amulet system since it would remove build diversity and would make WvW no longer endgame content since in the journey that is WvW, you would be at the end when you first started.

I like being able to fine tune my build based on matchup or whatever, I think WvW kind of needs those adaptable stat options. I think it would be handy however to have player submitted builds that can be rated by other players, sort of like how metabattle works or player made instances in Neverwinter Nights. Players submitting a build can categorize and name/describe them so newer players can kinda catch on to what we do in this mode.

I play mostly with exotic gear.The only ascended gear i use are the jewelry.To be honest totally not a fan of the time gating of ascended crafting.

AND im still kinda mad at the change happened to legendary gear back in the days.When at the beginning they were only supposed to be "extreme fancy skins" with no difference in stats (main reason y many didnt work for those)....some years later the "out of no where" switcherino to "bis" with changeable stats.

Yea i know,years have passed...im still mad at the betrayal: no legendaries.silly me

@"ilMasa.2546" said:I play mostly with exotic gear.The only ascended gear i use are the jewelry.To be honest totally not a fan of the time gating of ascended crafting.

AND im still kinda mad at the change happened to legendary gear back in the days.When at the beginning they were only supposed to be "extreme fancy skins" with no difference in stats (main reason y many didnt work for those)....one year later the "out of no where" switcherino to "bis" with changeable stats.

Yea i know,years have passed...im still mad at the betrayal: no legendaries.silly meWould you have rather had them be combine-with-exotics-and-destroy for stats, unique (have to make 2 legendaries to dual weild the same) and soulbound?

To be totally honest no idea.At the end i dont care about the stats difference in actual fights,i do believe that with the "freedom of builds"/"creativity" u get in wvw (compared to spvp) u can kinda balance the stats gap by knowing what you are doing.(you know your class,knowing what u are fighting....and so on).

With that being said im still positive that when exotic was the best quality aviable,the game was better.Call me mad.