When Cantha is here one day…

Hoover.6394

I hope the GW2 Cantha adopt some true Asian art aesthetics, just watched a video of the mmo “Justice online” and cant stop thinking how cool it is if our Cantha is beautiful like that, I also hope with Cantha expansion there will be some KungFu inspired profession or elite specializations, that the character can fight with Qi, and leap high, etc...

@"lokh.2695" said:Cantha Threads.Please use the forums search option. Thanks.

Wrong to grave dig cantha treads XD

@Hoover.6394 it’s hard to make visuals that please every Asian culture, bickering will exist.What do u ment by true Asian art?? There’s a fake one besides home feng thing ?? :p

Imo i would love wuxia theme set, but if i reccal there was some overreaction from Asian players due asthethics and toon names, people can’t separate when stuff is only based from X culture.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@"lokh.2695" said:
Please use the forums search option. Thanks.

@Hoover.6394 it’s hard to make visuals that please every Asian culture, bickering will exist.What do u ment by true Asian art?? There’s a fake one besides home feng thing ?? :p

Imo i would love wuxia theme set, but if i reccal there was some overreaction from Asian players due asthethics and toon names, people can’t separate when stuff is only based from X culture.

If you've read the bazillion cantha threads you knew what the problem was and that it will most likely never happen. But sure, let's keep going at it twice a week...

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@"lokh.2695" said:

I keep hearing this here that Asian players get offended if there’s a mix between different Asian culture and such, I think people just bullshiting, maybe one person said that and everyone believe it’s true.

Look at LOL as example, they have Ionia land, which is mix of Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Indian and more cultures, did people freak out? No, it’s a fiction land, they didn’t call it Korea.

@Hoover.6394 said:

@"lokh.2695" said:

I keep hearing this here that Asian players get offended if there’s a mix between different Asian culture and such, I think people just bullshiting, maybe one person said that and everyone believe it’s true.

Look at LOL as example, they have Ionia land, which is mix of Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Indian and more cultures, did people freak out? No, it’s a fiction land, they didn’t call it Korea.

Partly because the details have never fully come out. We know from a dev statement there was an issue with it from somewhere. But whether that was resolved or just a storm in a teacup at launch and isn't an issue now, we don't know. It seems to indicate the problem stemmed from someone, somewhere in NCSOFT, but that is not confirmed either.

So yes it's kinda true

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"lokh.2695" said:

Partly because the details have never fully come out. We know from a dev statement there was an issue with it from somewhere. But whether that was resolved or just a storm in a teacup at launch and isn't an issue now, we don't know. It seems to indicate the problem stemmed from someone, somewhere in NCSOFT, but that is not confirmed either.

So yes it's kinda true

I would say that it is likely there is some truth to this.What is certain.1: there was a canthan district in DR before release.2: it was replaced by the great collapse at launch and during lw season one replaced by the crown pavilion.

The reason for the initial replacement is based on speculation. A dev did say that someone from ncsoft had some thoughts against it.

The biggest mistake people make is that they assume it has anything to do with an canthan release not going through. That is not correct. They do investigate markets and decide what the best place for the next release is. So far it is hasn't been Cantha.

A possible reasons often overseen is that it is too much hyped. People have very high expectations and it is unlikely they can ever live up to it.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:

@"lokh.2695" said:

So yes it's kinda true

I would say that it is likely there is some truth to this.What is certain.1: there was a canthan district in DR before release.2: it was replaced by the great collapse at launch and during lw season one replaced by the crown pavilion.

The reason for the initial replacement is based on speculation. A dev did say that someone from ncsoft had some thoughts against it.

The biggest mistake people make is that they assume it has anything to do with an canthan release not going through. That is not correct. They do investigate markets and decide what the best place for the next release is. So far it is hasn't been Cantha.

A possible reasons often overseen is that it is too much hyped. People have very high expectations and it is unlikely they can ever live up to it.

I always thought of it as a combination of whatever the original problem was and any potential clash with the Chinese market they launched into, evolving into it not fitting current storyline. Cantha has next to nothing to do with the ED's despite some idle speculation about the DSD. GW2 is the story of Aurene (as per the devs own words). We haven't been to Cantha, because the story doesn't demand it.

Time will tell if true

@"Hoover.6394" said:I hope the GW2 Cantha adopt some true Asian art aesthetics, just watched a video of the mmo “Justice online” and cant stop thinking how cool it is if our Cantha is beautiful like that, I also hope with Cantha expansion there will be some KungFu inspired profession or elite specializations, that the character can fight with Qi, and leap high, etc...

It would be nice but it won't happen at all in guild wars 2. As much many would want it, Guild Wars is its home, where it stays,

In a healthy competitive safe environment

Guild Wars

@Hoover.6394 said:

@"lokh.2695" said:

If i recall the information came from Asian players or Anet dev most probably.

I always felt curious about why there was some complains altough, never had the chance to actually ask Asian players about it in gw1.

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised that kharmin hasn't posted links to all Canthan threads. Probably because someone else already did.

Anyways, from what I read and info gathered in other threads, there isn't going to be a Cantha at all.

Now; it is of course mere speculation, as neither of us are part of ANets staff... I think, and even if we were; only the Big Guns know what's what.I don't think that even the majority of devs know every decision made by the guys in charge.Need to know basis... right?

But here's the issue.From what I've heard, and this isn't me saying, that's what I've read... there are countries in the Oriental part of Asia who would take offence and would sue ANet big time if any similarities were thought to be drawn from their culture and history to be put into the game.I know, GW1 did it and got away with it.However, that was some time ago, and things do change.

I am not, in any way, shape, or form agreeing with that statement, as I couldn't possibly know if ot is true.However, if it is in fact the issue; then it's totally understandable that ANet does not want to risk it, and will not go ahead and do Cantha.

It is a thin line that separates what is TM and what not.I'm a little fuzzy when it comes to laws on copyrighted culture and history.If such thing exists... depends of what kind of image you're portraying from that said culture, religion, society, etc...I guess that's what it boils down to.

@"lokh.2695" said:Cantha Threads.Please use the forums search option. Thanks.

If each had to do research and preserve groups: there would not be many.Your remark is unnecessary and in bad faith.

Anyway unless there is an extension hidden after the Icebrood Saga, there is no chance that Cantha won’t come back, not with such poor content and such small maps. They just don’t have the means and resources to do it, or even do anything else. (and if it’s to ruin Cantha, it’s not worth it).

(It is possible that "S" never ends, or that its story ends at the same time as that of Jormag, and Primordius that do not see it, or that isl arrange to bring it only in Tyria).Anyway, here it is.Otherwise I am the first to want a return to Cantha :) !

An Extension is necessary in all cases to save the game, or a living world similar to an extension whose only difference would be the fact that it is giving "little by little". Whether it’s in Cantha or anywhere else.And unfortunately, at the present time the saga icebrood is very far from assimilation with an extension. (Hoping that this is due to the making of an extension, but I doubt it..).Re-edit: gift, this superb music and video of Cantha (her channel also presents very pretty others):

etc..

@kharmin.7683 said:When Cantha is here one day ....

.... I uninstall and find another game.

I will miss you when that happens :(

Pretty sure I want Cantha as deeply as you don't want it

I will also miss all these Cantha threads that have both pulled us all apart and then back together. What will we break out the pitchforks and torches for once we have Cantha? I mean an expansion, with Cantha, a new playable profesion and race, especs, new weapons and WvW alliances would shut us all up right?

@Hoover.6394 said:I hope the GW2 Cantha adopt some true Asian art aesthetics, just watched a video of the mmo “Justice online” and cant stop thinking how cool it is if our Cantha is beautiful like that, I also hope with Cantha expansion there will be some KungFu inspired profession or elite specializations, that the character can fight with Qi, and leap high, etc...

GW: Factions artworks are fine, Wu Xia fantasy prioritise physical attack speed over everything, so there's no place for magic or heavy armors

the Musou series would be better fit than JO, but I still prefer Anet stick with the factions art style