DX12 for GW2. Do yourself a favor, try this out.

@galuf.5741 said:

@galuf.5741 said:I don't see how this tool will bump my experience when I'm fps capped for my monitor in full configuration tho. I believe that actually gw2 is a bit more demanding, maybe it would do fine for people with midrange specs.

So your rig is able to hold solid fps in big zerg maps of like 50 + people spamming skills? If so then please share your specs.......it is very difficult to achieve high fps in populated demanding areas wvw for example, but the app looks like it helps to utilize more cores rather than being single heavy, thus gaining better performance. Pretty sure also that the main advantage is not your avg frame rate but your lowest fps drop will see increase.Have seen people reporting where they used to get 20-30 fps is now seeing 45-60

My rig is the same I get 100+ fps in a quiet area until I come across a big squad or a big meta event happens it drops to lowest 20-25. Which is why I'm so eager to try this out

I run at full fps anywhere and at any time. I've got 64GB ram, an i9, a 2nd gen ssd and a 2080TI. Also, I want to note that most of the time I feel like the youtubers don't run the game nearly as well as I do.

Flex bruh.Meanwhile, might try this out.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so, my results installing d912pxy was

Saw no fps gains, crowded skill spam zones still drop to 20-30fps

BUT OH MY KITTEN GW2 looks so different with this installed, it looks sharper colors seem more vibrant, transition is smooth and just...... the visuals...

Now I did find that my rx570 gpu was getting used alot more .. from seeing usage percentage 30-40% to 80-90% now. I dont see any spikes or lag due to this but still was very surprised to see that

@galuf.5741 said:

@galuf.5741 said:I don't see how this tool will bump my experience when I'm fps capped for my monitor in full configuration tho. I believe that actually gw2 is a bit more demanding, maybe it would do fine for people with midrange specs.

So your rig is able to hold solid fps in big zerg maps of like 50 + people spamming skills? If so then please share your specs.......it is very difficult to achieve high fps in populated demanding areas wvw for example, but the app looks like it helps to utilize more cores rather than being single heavy, thus gaining better performance. Pretty sure also that the main advantage is not your avg frame rate but your lowest fps drop will see increase.Have seen people reporting where they used to get 20-30 fps is now seeing 45-60

My rig is the same I get 100+ fps in a quiet area until I come across a big squad or a big meta event happens it drops to lowest 20-25. Which is why I'm so eager to try this out

I run at full fps anywhere and at any time. I've got 64GB ram, an i9, a 2nd gen ssd and a 2080TI. Also, I want to note that most of the time I feel like the youtubers don't run the game nearly as well as I do.

You're not, it's impossible.

@Zinthros.6589 said:On my extreme end system (threadripper+1080ti) I get an insane boost from this in cities / wvw / metas. Literally 20 fps to 50. Insane how incompetent anet is.

Doesn't have to do with incompetence when the foundation is flawed, however it's extreme laziness and company shenanigans to not endorse technologies that improves the experience of their own foundation. It's already known that they are in denial of it because they claim no improvements whatsoever which is a lie, the game API is so bloated that even the worst methods of implementing a new rendering method is more effective than the native one itself.

@DoRi Silvia.4159 said:Okay so, my results installing d912pxy was

Saw no fps gains, crowded skill spam zones still drop to 20-30fps

BUT OH MY KITTEN GW2 looks so different with this installed, it looks sharper colors seem more vibrant, transition is smooth and just...... the visuals...

Now I did find that my rx570 gpu was getting used alot more .. from seeing usage percentage 30-40% to 80-90% now. I dont see any spikes or lag due to this but still was very surprised to see that

Because the CPU is no longer the bottleneck. Your GPU is doing more of the lifting now. Still, badly crowded area's will perform better but only to an extend, this is not a miracle pill for the game dated API. If you want to improve it, reduce CPU intensive settings like player count, landscape or shadows, you'll free up some of the calls for more frames.

May anyone help me?I'd rly like to try out dx12 and I am quite certain that I am doing everything correctly,yet, whenever I try to install it, an error message pops up reading "vcruntime140.dll" is missing.

Is their something I can do to solve this issue? I even already tried to download vcruntime but it didn't help.

@Shao.7236 said:

@galuf.5741 said:I run at full fps anywhere and at any time. I've got 64GB ram, an i9, a 2nd gen ssd and a 2080TI. Also, I want to note that most of the time I feel like the youtubers don't run the game nearly as well as I do.

You're not, it's impossible.You dont get it.

Hes getting full fps.

Full. Fps.

Any time.

Kind of like how you can sit and watch TV. All the TV.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@galuf.5741 said:I run at full fps anywhere and at any time. I've got 64GB ram, an i9, a 2nd gen ssd and a 2080TI. Also, I want to note that most of the time I feel like the youtubers don't run the game nearly as well as I do.

You're not, it's impossible.You dont get it.

Hes getting full fps.

Full
Fps

Any time

Kind of like how you can sit and watch TV.
All the TV

A full frame per second I guess. :p

@Astralporing.1957 said:Unfortunately, no matter how good it is (or isn't) it still isn't worth having to switch to win 10 for it.

Windows 7 does have DX12 support now btw.

@"Leon.8069" said:May anyone help me?I'd rly like to try out dx12 and I am quite certain that I am doing everything correctly,yet, whenever I try to install it, an error message pops up reading "vcruntime140.dll" is missing.

Is their something I can do to solve this issue? I even already tried to download vcruntime but it didn't help.

It still has to do with C++ Microsoft packages sadly, you'll have to try reinstalling/repair the most recent to make it work.

P.S: Never download DLL's from the net, never ever. Unless you can obtain one specifically from someone you can trust it's a real one, like locally via USB Storage.

@Shao.7236 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:Unfortunately, no matter how good it is (or isn't) it still isn't worth having to switch to win 10 for it.

Windows 7 does have DX12 support now btw.oh, really? [/sarcasm](hint: check your facts, because that statement is a bit of a misunderstanding of what Microsoft really did, and why what they did does nothing for d912pxy)

@Astralporing.1957 said:

Windows 7 does have DX12 support now btw.oh, really? [/sarcasm](hint: check your facts, because that statement is a bit of a misunderstanding of what Microsoft really did, and why what they did does nothing for d912pxy)

Fact is if DX12 libraries are on Windows 7 and running for one game, just one. It can for any, exclusivity is a false claim. Vulkan always ran fine on 7 beforehand and we all know how it's using very similar if not same exact methods to work on a lower level.

It's worth a try, not here to say that it will definitely work but my statement does vaguely say that DX12 is "supported" on Windows 7, to say that it isn't would be a lie.

@Shao.7236 said:

Fact is if DX12 libraries are on Windows 7 and running for one game, just one. It can for any, exclusivity is a false claim. Vulkan always ran fine on 7 beforehand and we all know how it's using very similar if not same exact methods to work on a lower level.

It's worth a try, not here to say that it will definitely work but my statement does vaguely say that DX12 is "supported" on Windows 7, to say that it isn't would be a lie.And that's not what MS did. What they did was to create a development library that allowed game developers to include what is basically a dx12->dx11 wrapper (with added limited support for ray tracing, but only if you're using NVidia) in their executables. The game is still in reality running on dx11, not dx12. And only if the game developer built the executable using those MS libraries

Hint nr1: that option was not icluded in GW2 (not surprisingly, as gw2 does not use dx12)hint nr2: in d912pxy that wasn't included either (not surprising as i see no point of double wrapping dx9->dx12->dx11)

The short of it is that dx912pxy still does not work on windows 7 and windows 8.1

Edit: apparently i was wrong and d912pxy actually does use that, so it will run on windows 7 (not on 8.1 though). The end result however should be pretty much the same as running the game without wrapper.

@Astralporing.1957 A wrapper is never ideal, GW2 is an exception because it runs much worst than it should on it's native API.

All GPU's that supported 11.2 have the support for 12, of course not fully but already beneficial in a game that is as CPU intensive as this, or any MMO for that matter.

Considering that you're off loading a lot from the CPU to GPU.

Afterall that's what it was meant to do. Increase performance in intensive scenarios.

@Zinthros.6589 said:On my extreme end system (threadripper+1080ti) I get an insane boost from this in cities / wvw / metas. Literally 20 fps to 50. Insane how incompetent anet is.On the contrary, any developer would want to implement the latest and greatest technologies. But when you’re in a business world, you have to do a cost benefit analysis on any new feature.

Dx12 isn’t a magic bullet that’s going to solve all of these performance problems. Graphic calls in GW2 are done on a render thread rather the main thread. Basically it’s almost always not where the bottleneck occurs. GW2 would have to be massively refactored which goes back to what I said... do they spend time, resources, and money for a potentially smoother experience or is everything still acceptable as is? And for most it’s still acceptable and through ANets eyes.

The dx12py wrapper seems to be very helpful for some so try it out if anyone is having low FPS (even when turning your camera).

@galuf.5741 said:

Please, record using OBS or Shadowplay, to demonstrate this. while keeping your Graphic settings displayed.

@jishi.7568 said:

Please, record using OBS or Shadowplay, to demonstrate this. while keeping your Graphic settings displayed.

LMAO I love the "64GB of RAM" part as though you're ever gonna come close to consuming all of that without running multiple AAA games in the background or doing something ludicrous like crypto mining while gaming

@galuf.5741 said:

Complete utter smart ass comment. First thing smart wana be, 8-16-32-64 ram GB does not matter, not even a slight. Second of all, braging about 2080ti mean nothing in gw2 as the game is based on cpu coding and usage. As for i9, Yes cpu matter but even the most beast cpu can't handle high fps in zergs as the game engine is poorly designed so please, go be a wanabe otter some where else. Gotta love those wana be fools.

@Substance E.4852 said:

LMAO I love the "64GB of RAM" part as though you're ever gonna come close to consuming all of that without running multiple AAA games in the background or doing something ludicrous like crypto mining while gaming

I have 150+ browser tabs open, BDO running in the background, and I'm nowhere close to even use up my 32GB, which is half of his ram

For those wondering, this Dx12 wrapper is awesome. Unlocks the vram usage unlike on dx9 and lets more info to be stored in the Ram sticks. So game will run smoother. make two folder, the dx9 and dx12 and you will see the difference. in fact, i deleted the old folder and kept the DX12 modded one. only thing is character selection screen has the icons with missing texture, that is about it.

If u're trying this out, please read installation guide and troubleshooting on github etc. If u're launching for the first time the proxy will need to cache shaders, this will cause the pop in on your screen, textures and objects slowly rendering in, speed depends on your storage (HDD vs SDD). Additionaly u can download some basic precompiled shader packs to speed up the process. This will also affect framerates, so before measuring make sure the caching process is done.

PS. Still having a blast. For the first time since i'am playing this game (beta) i actually enjoy the simple moment to moment gameplay.PPS. There's no need to make 2 folders, just rename d3d9.dll(or however u chose to call it during installation) in bin64 folder if u wanna dx9 bck.

@DoRi Silvia.4159 said:

Well that's just ... wowI'd have to sell my beloved car to achieve full fps in this game ...

I have similar hardware stats with a 4K monitor. With that setup I find I have to back off the graphics settings so yes I am thinking about dx12 for gw.