why the huge nerf to Shared Anguish?

trunks.5249

going from a 90sec to a 300sec cd seems really extreme. in pvp after you use it 3-4 fights are done and over with before you can use it again. also most of the time when used its a waist because there are other people using a skill in less then sec of each other and making in seem like Shared Anguish didnt even happen. if anything how crazy the fights get i would think if anything it would have a lower cd. so they have turned an almost useless skill to being useless all together

@"LughLongArm.5460" said:Because most changes were made based on standardize rules and not a "close review". Same reason why all CC abilities got 0.1 coefficient. Probably they will adjust some skills/traits over time.

The 1 stack of bleed for one second on cc trap skill spike trap gave me a laugh. Why just why even bother including at that point?

you should read all the nodes, all passive skills like for instance the stance for warrior that is passive gets same treatment. u cant look at this trait with the lens of current meta and judge it. that being said, its a long cooldown and anet wants you to not use it, its kinda a lazy way, because they dont have to rework it this way.

@Kilrik.6320 said:

@"LughLongArm.5460" said:Because most changes were made based on standardize rules and not a "close review". Same reason why all CC abilities got 0.1 coefficient. Probably they will adjust some skills/traits over time.

The 1 stack of bleed for one second on cc trap skill spike trap gave me a laugh. Why just why even bother including at that point?

Because maybe from a developing side for them is much easier to change the numbers than to remove the functionality. Apparently they don't want to touch the ranger even with a 5 foot pole.

Exactly this.Thats also the reason why spike trap gets only 1 stack bleed for 1s. Not because it's necessary but because they slap every CC down to nothing to adjust it later on.

@Kilrik.6320 said:

Agreed, just like 1 sec might on shield warrior skill, even if its tied to mmr trait gaining healing 1 sec is useless. I sec of most conditions and or boons are useless and may well just be replaced with somthing actually useful. I get 1 sec on daze,stun and imobilizes but most of the others its laughable.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Exactly this.Thats also the reason why spike trap gets only 1 stack bleed for 1s. Not because it's necessary but because they slap every CC down to nothing to adjust it later on.

Yeah if so fine but considering the game were talking about the adjusting later on part doesn't instil much confidence lol.Gw2 the most common response is "its coming soon" lol

• 3 weeks later...

Do you think any traits/skills get a closer review upon change or not right away? Seems backwards not to.(I'm still freaking out over ranger gs losing evade auto3)

@doogal.9368 said:

Do you think any traits/skills get a closer review upon change or not right away? Seems backwards not to.(I'm still freaking out over ranger gs losing evade auto3)

They promised to take closer look and review changes which were based on standardize rules, mostly the changes to CC abilities which got the "no damage allowed treatment" and the "passive traits" which basically got deleted from the game with 300 sec CD.

Regarding GS auto 3, I don't think they will change that, definitely will not give the evade back. :(

@"LughLongArm.5460" said:They promised to take closer look and review changes which were based on standardize rules, mostly the changes to CC abilities which got the "no damage allowed treatment" and the "passive traits" which basically got deleted from the game with 300 sec CD.

5minutes.......what!?

ALL passives needed to be gone from the game. Oddly enough, after the patch when I encounter someone actually still using the passives I get triggered even more than before, cus before it was just expected.

For far too long players have been getting carried hard by builds (and still are, looking at you fb). Maybe the player skill gap will finally not be so big because players will actually have to learn to fight instead of getting carried by passives on top of downedstate.