Mesmer Swiftness, how?

Gorkus.7496

Hi everyone.

I have a mule mesmer that I wanted to use to get through the Not So Secret Jumping Puzzle. I have done 90% of the JPs in the game, but never completed that one on my own. I paid a mesmer 10 gp to get me to the diving goggles about a year ago after trying for a few weeks to get to the top with my very swift elementalist. The thing is, I am having trouble with the mesmer because I can't get constant swiftness and my lack of focus means I loose swiftness mid jump and fall. Is there any way to get a good (time) amount of swiftness with the mesmer without having to use skills to get it up and running? If not, which is the simplest way to get a longer swiftness boon? I am currently using the signet which procs 5 secs of swiftness every 10 secs. The on and off feature of this method is not working for me at present. Any suggestions?

Doesn't the signet also give permaswift when you have 100% boon duration? I haven't looked at it in a long time, but Giver's gear is cheap-ish on the TP and you don't need damage when you're doing something like puzzles.

Anyways, buy yourself a Prototype Position Rewinder from Sandswept Isles and you'll lose alot less hair, especially in that JP.

@Gorkus.7496 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:Doesn't the signet also give permaswift when you have 100% boon duration? I haven't looked at it in a long time.

It would, but then I'd have to ask how to get 100% boon duration. I suppose that would require a whole new set of gear. Hmm... Food for thought. Thanks.

It would be cheaper/less hassle to pay for a port (instead of gear/etc). I say this because, having made quite a few legendaries (and getting mounts)--doing some of these JP's are for only the mentally insane.

Seriously, if you ever decide to TRY 'Chalice of Tears' JP--please come back to this post and update me on how much hair you have left, lol. I say that because, I am TERRIBLE at JP's--and while NSS JP is tough--I was able to do it--but Chalice---WOW.....designed by the devil himself!

In any event. gl mate.

@Mouse.7382 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:Doesn't the signet also give permaswift when you have 100% boon duration? I haven't looked at it in a long time.

It would, but then I'd have to ask how to get 100% boon duration. I suppose that would require a whole new set of gear. Hmm... Food for thought. Thanks.

It would be cheaper/less hassle to pay for a port (instead of gear/etc). I say this because, having made quite a few legendaries (and getting mounts)--doing some of these JP's are for only the mentally insane.

Seriously, if you ever decide to TRY 'Chalice of Tears' JP--please come back to this post and update me on how much hair you have left, lol. I say that because, I am TERRIBLE at JP's--and while NSS JP is tough--I was able to do it--but Chalice---WOW.....designed by the devil himself!

In any event. gl mate.

LOL, I started my mesmer character specifically after watching a video on Chalice. There seems to be no logical reason to even attempt that JP without a memser's portal. I hear what you are saying about the costs of gear vs a port. I'll probably end up buying a port in the end, but I wanted to try, once again, to beat the NSS on my own. It's kind of my nemesis at this point, Chalice not withstanding. I am so used to JP's with my swift ele, that the slow mes really throws me off.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Temporal_Curtain gives 12 swiftness every 25 seconds.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Inspiration gives 3 swiftness every 10 seconds.

This is without any boon duration. Using any 100 concentration food will provide 6.66% boon duration and using https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Master_Maintenance_Oil will up this to over 10% bd. Put a https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Concentration on and you are at 20% boon duration, which makes it very easy to upkeep swiftness.

The most expensive option is probably to use https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Speed, the swiftness increase is only useful in combat though.

The easiest is porbably using Chronomancer which gives the minor Grandmaster https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Time_Marches_On which provides permanent 25% movement speed.

@Gorkus.7496 said:

LOL, I started my mesmer character specifically after watching a video on Chalice. There seems to be no logical reason to even attempt that JP without a memser's portal. I hear what you are saying about the costs of gear vs a port. I'll probably end up buying a port in the end, but I wanted to try, once again, to beat the NSS on my own. It's kind of my nemesis at this point, Chalice not withstanding. I am so used to JP's with my swift ele, that the slow mes really throws me off.If you do decide you want a port before you pay someone to do it I don't mind doing it for free if your on NA. I have a mesmer parked at both the chest and the goggles at Not So Secret so it wouldn't be any trouble. Feel free to hit me up in game if you see me on or send me a mail and i'll do my best to make sure we get you what you need~ =)

@Mouse.7382 said:It would be cheaper/less hassle to pay for a port (instead of gear/etc). I say this because, having made quite a few legendaries (and getting mounts)--doing some of these JP's are for only the mentally insane.

In any event. gl mate.Chalice of Tears is....appropriately named lol. I have 5 mesmers stationed at this jumping puzzle just to help people get through it because it is just such a pain lol and was a big hurdle for a lot of people when that legendary trinket aurora came out.

@Gorkus.7496 said:Hi everyone.

I have a mule mesmer that I wanted to use to get through the Not So Secret Jumping Puzzle. I have done 90% of the JPs in the game, but never completed that one on my own. I paid a mesmer 10 gp to get me to the diving goggles about a year ago after trying for a few weeks to get to the top with my very swift elementalist. The thing is, I am having trouble with the mesmer because I can't get constant swiftness and my lack of focus means I loose swiftness mid jump and fall. Is there any way to get a good (time) amount of swiftness with the mesmer without having to use skills to get it up and running? If not, which is the simplest way to get a longer swiftness boon? I am currently using the signet which procs 5 secs of swiftness every 10 secs. The on and off feature of this method is not working for me at present. Any suggestions?

Why you need swiftness when you have Superspeed while dodging (mirage) ??!

I've done this JP a couple of weeks before to have the achievement (after several try i have it) and i've done all my risky jumps with dodge (to have superspeed) and all up there, on the big swirls, i've used a sword to have the ambush jump and it's done.

@Moonlit.6421 said:

LOL, I started my mesmer character specifically after watching a video on Chalice. There seems to be no logical reason to even attempt that JP without a memser's portal. I hear what you are saying about the costs of gear vs a port. I'll probably end up buying a port in the end, but I wanted to try, once again, to beat the NSS on my own. It's kind of my nemesis at this point, Chalice not withstanding. I am so used to JP's with my swift ele, that the slow mes really throws me off.If you do decide you want a port before you pay someone to do it I don't mind doing it for free if your on NA. I have a mesmer parked at both the chest and the goggles at Not So Secret so it wouldn't be any trouble. Feel free to hit me up in game if you see me on or send me a mail and i'll do my best to make sure we get you what you need~ =)

@Mouse.7382 said:It would be cheaper/less hassle to pay for a port (instead of gear/etc). I say this because, having made quite a few legendaries (and getting mounts)--doing some of these JP's are for only the mentally insane.

In any event. gl mate.Chalice of Tears is....appropriately named lol. I have 5 mesmers stationed at this jumping puzzle just to help people get through it because it is just such a pain lol and was a big hurdle for a lot of people when that legendary trinket aurora came out.

With practice you can skip straight to the top ring of the JP by using Skyscale from the nearby skull tower. It still takes some work to get the chest and glide down to get the checkpoints but Prototype Position Rewinder makes short work of those.

Basically, finish LS4 before attempting Chalice of Tears or Abbadon's Ascent, and they're much easier.

@Don Vega Van Kain.9842 said:

I've done this JP a couple of weeks before to have the achievement (after several try i have it) and i've done all my risky jumps with dodge (to have superspeed) and all up there, on the big swirls, i've used a sword to have the ambush jump and it's done.

I don't want to nit pick, but the superspeed was removed from Speed of Sand in July of 2019. The duration of Mirage Cloak was also reduced from 1 second to 3/4 of a second in March of 2019 (this change hurts actually more out of combat since 66% will still cap movement speed out of combat).

It's now a 66% movement speed increase for 3/4 of a second, which while still useful, is far from a replacement for swiftness in jumping puzzles if one desires a speed boost.

@"Hannelore.8153" said:

With practice you can skip straight to the top ring of the JP by using Skyscale from the nearby skull tower. It still takes some work to get the chest and glide down to get the checkpoints but Prototype Position Rewinder makes short work of those.

Basically, finish LS4 before attempting Chalice of Tears or Abbadon's Ascent, and they're much easier.

Yah but then I gotta go through the effort of practicing and getting Skyscale lol. (Though that is interesting to know) I have 12 mesmers so I'll stick to being lazy though. ^^"

@Cyninja.2954 said:

I don't want to nit pick, but the superspeed was removed from Speed of Sand in July of 2019. The duration of Mirage Cloak was also reduced from 1 second to 3/4 of a second in March of 2019 (this change hurts actually more out of combat since 66% will still cap movement speed out of combat).

It's now a 66% movement speed increase for 3/4 of a second, which while still useful, is far from a replacement for swiftness in jumping puzzles if one desires a speed boost.

My bad for the superspeed, 66% movement speed was enough for me to do the achievement, i don't even talk about fighting just ... jumping far enough :) and 66% movement speed was better for me than swiftness (33%)

@Don Vega Van Kain.9842 said:

My bad for the superspeed, 66% mouvement speed was enough for me to do the achievement, i don't even talk about fighting just ... jumping far enough :) and as you said it's 66% movement speed, more than swiftnes. (33%)

Using many of these suggestions, I was able to gain some nice speed and get close (to the end of the Not So Secret JP). I got to the end chest, but can't past those last two spinners along the diving goggles path. I'm stumped as to what I'm doing wrong, but I just can't land on the second spinner pad. I've aimed a little left, a little right, dead center and everywhere else in between, and always miss. This last time, the time that drove me hear with my tail between my legs, I aimed dead center and hit the bullseye perfectly, only to fly right over the top, past the pad and into the chasm. I haven't a clue how to make those last two spinners work right and I'm embarrassed to say how long I've been trying. I've watched several videos and even witnessed a few players just whiz past me perfectly hitting the mark. What do they know that I don't?

@Gorkus.7496 said:Using many of these suggestions, I was able to gain some nice speed and get close (to the end of the Not So Secret JP). I got to the end chest, but can't past those last two spinners along the diving goggles path. I'm stumped as to what I'm doing wrong, but I just can't land on the second spinner pad. I've aimed a little left, a little right, dead center and everywhere else in between, and always miss. This last time, the time that drove me hear with my tail between my legs, I aimed dead center and hit the bullseye perfectly, only to fly right over the top, past the pad and into the chasm. I haven't a clue how to make those last two spinners work right and I'm embarrassed to say how long I've been trying. I've watched several videos and even witnessed a few players just whiz past me perfectly hitting the mark. What do they know that I don't?

If I recall correctly, and this has been a while, the trick about the spinners (all of them) is:

• the place you jump on them will dictate how and where they propel you to
  • any momentum/movement from your side while being propelled will also affect the jump path

Taking those two issues into account, the best approach is to learn:

• where to stand for the correct slingshot while:
  • ideally not moving or using direction keys during the catapulting

Suffice to say, that jumping puzzle is very painful, and even worse if you aim to do the Diving Goggles. My recommendation, and what I myself did, get a friendly mesmer to keep teleporting you to the top if you fail as to get in the most tries in as possible. Or get a group of people together and work together helping each other.