Boneskinner strike damage[fixed]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I only posted that the Patch Notes said the BoneSkinner was adjusted. Whether that happened, or not, I have no idea. If not, then the Patch Notes are in error.Whether it was stated in patch notes or not is irrelevant since we all see how fight now looks like and that's why such topic was created. They most likely haven't checked if it was really at intended level . Probably messed up with numbers. Nonetheless leaving it as it is, is rather discouraging for non elite players.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:There have been no other posts about it here.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/95846/how-to-do-boneskinner/p2

• ArenaNet Staff

You’re right, the Boneskinner in the strike mission is still acting up and is now doing the extra damage via a new bug. (Boneskinner’s haunted.)

We’re sorry about that, but we’ve identified a fix that should take care of it for good and we’ll have it implemented in time for the next rotation.

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:You’re right, the Boneskinner in the strike mission is still acting up and is now doing the extra damage via a new bug. (Boneskinner’s haunted.)

We’re sorry about that, but we’ve identified a fix that should take care of it for good and we’ll have it implemented in time for the next rotation.

And this is the reaction I expect from devs. GJ!

@Jong.5937 said:I'd like to know how many have beaten this today. So far I am about 0/20 xD. Maybe I'm the common denominator :D

There are at least two groups right now who finished it. The first one actually had a real strat by staying behind the pillars to relight them as soon as they go out at 75%, 50% and 25% and using the Pylon Deadeyes from Qadim 2 and Scourges as DPS that can self sustain pretty well. And then there's Teapot who just outhealed the dmg with his 8 healers.

I beat it today twice with trailblazer scourges and minstrel firebrands, but I also noticed the special skill that is supposed to appear when breakbar is up also is buggy. It's not just the damage that is broken.

People that haven't done it before but wanted it for the achievement yesterday were really turned off from ever trying it again though.

spent 2-3 hours with random pugs yesterday trying to beat the boneskinner. we did it in the end, and it was definitely worth it and a great learning experience as a druid.How we did it:tons of scourges for barrier. I was druid.We split in 3 groups, each group making sure 2 torches between them stayed lit.we made sure to call targets with the target button (Ctrl+T for me), so that people would notice the wisps, and the torches.at about 76% I'd call torches so that everyone would run behind one.Rinse and repeat, it gets progressively easier as the boneskinner takes out torches, but its a real struggle especially when the pull happens, as all torches need to be lit asap.

As a druid, I split my long range heals (staff 5, celestial avatar 2 and 3) to the other groups, while i used my short range heals on my own group. the other groups had scourges so that helped a lot. staff 3 allowed me to dash to torches if needed, or burst heal someone, or dash to downed players and revive them with the spirit elite (reaaallly good in this encounter btw).Was tons of struggle and tons of fun, and any of you who played with me are reading this: "gg ez =)"

Bugs we noticed are:

• the random insane dps tick at around after 75%, which appears sometimes, and seemingly out of nowhere
  • the hitbox of the Aura around the boneskinner is way bigger than its visual indicates when 2 torches (i think 2) are out.
  • some people got stuck inside torches when the pull happened.
  • not sure if its a bug or intented, but the red special action key only shows up after the cc phase with boneskinner. i saw not sure bc they do appear when the wisps show up. and I'm wondering if its intended to be used on the wisps.

@BlackBullWings.2734 said:How we did it:

should also add:

• you MUST have ranged damage, there's no other way really. Don't worry too much about dps rotations and such, and more about making sure you don't get yeeted by spawned AoE's or the incredibly annoying claw attack
  • in regards to the claw attack (the AoE wave that goes forward, sounds like bones rattling and deals a ton of damage). dodge to the left, the attack spawns a second wave to the right.Further on the claw attack, after he does it once, he will do another spawn AoE under players attack, and THEN he'll do a second claw attack. you should at least have 1 dodge spared for this, as it's an easy tell after the first one came.

Gl if you want a legit challenge. but remember that it's strike missions rewards.

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:You’re right, the Boneskinner in the strike mission is still acting up and is now doing the extra damage via a new bug. (Boneskinner’s haunted.)

You can still kill it though

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:You’re right, the Boneskinner in the strike mission is still acting up and is now doing the extra damage via a new bug. (Boneskinner’s haunted.)

I was part of the group in the video and we encountered many problems besides the high damage.

• The special action key is mostly available after the defiance bar gets broken.

• After the first ever defiance bar gets broken the bar keeps on refilling throughout the entire fight instead of going away. This can prevent players from actively preventing him to destroy a torch. This results in failing a mechanic even when playing perfectly.

• The attack where he stands up resets his defiance bar unconditionally. With bad timing players willl use cc skills to break the constantly refilling bar only to have it to break again for the standup attack.

• The conal attack that knocks down does not match the animation of the boneskinner. Judging from the animation you would never guess that a knockdown is about to happen.

• The whisps are sometimes invulnerable to Epidemic, propably to attacks in general.

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:You’re right, the Boneskinner in the strike mission is still acting up and is now doing the extra damage via a new bug. (Boneskinner’s haunted.)

Thank you for the prompt response !!