World Linking 1/31/2020 - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

World Linking 1/31/2020

2

Comments

  • Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2020

    @Mannah.4012 said:

    @Aeolus.3615 said:

    @aspirine.6852 said:

    @Mannah.4012 said:
    Omg BB finally linked

    yeah, they can finally ppt during the night and day too now :)

    They want easy ktrains :P Anet delivered them that, even when NSP fough them they could outman us in every map while that server was tanking ahaha.

    I think that link is needed because we don't have ppl during the daytime because our real life schedule while international servers lack ppl at nightime. It would provide benefits for both sides. You think we like to play against 50+ ppl blobs on daytime when we're like 20? It's the same issue for both sides but at different hours.

    But u loved to ktrain out empty maps this week, didnt u? hehehe.

    The way Anet manages and pairs servers is a joke, ignores the timezones wich creates huge blobs vs servers that are dead at one ktrain time zone, then its the other server one by one to ktrain vs empty maps.

    Lets see if this pairings will lead to less blob vs empty timezones :\, would be great if that happens, since they kinda feel hardcoded rather by glicko.

    Slayers [XD] NSP Guild
    Yao Chen Herald/Ventari
    Ying Wuxian Renegade/Demon

  • Mannah.4012Mannah.4012 Member ✭✭
    edited January 31, 2020

    @Aeolus.3615 said:

    @Mannah.4012 said:

    @Aeolus.3615 said:

    @aspirine.6852 said:

    @Mannah.4012 said:
    Omg BB finally linked

    yeah, they can finally ppt during the night and day too now :)

    They want easy ktrains :P Anet delivered them that, even when NSP fough them they could outman us in every map while that server was tanking ahaha.

    I think that link is needed because we don't have ppl during the daytime because our real life schedule while international servers lack ppl at nightime. It would provide benefits for both sides. You think we like to play against 50+ ppl blobs on daytime when we're like 20? It's the same issue for both sides but at different hours.

    But u loved to ktrain out empty maps this week, didnt u? hehehe.

    The way Anet manages and pairs servers is a joke, ignores the timezones wich creates huge blobs vs servers that are dead at one ktrain time zone, then its the other server one by one to ktrain vs empty maps.

    Lets see if this pairings will lead to less blob vs empty timezones :\, would be great if that happens, since they kinda feel hardcoded rather by glicko.

    I'm without internet right now since 2 weeks ago so I don't know how have the matchups gone this week xD
    I agree with you that most times links are horrible. Let's see how this works.

  • World Linking 1/31/2020 Dragonbrand, Gate of Madness !!!
    World Linking 10/25/2019 Dragonbrand, Sorrow's Furnace
    World Linking 8/30/2019 Dragonbrand, Gate of Madness !!!
    World Linking 6/27/2019 Dragonbrand, Eredon Terrace
    World Linking 4/26/2019 Dragonbrand, Isle of Janthir !!
    World Linking 2/22/2019 Dragonbrand, Isle of Janthir !!
    World linking 12/21/2018 Gate of Madness, Dragonbrand !!!
    World Linking 10/26/2018 Henge of Denravi, Dragonbrand
    World Linking 8/31/2018 Stormbluff Isle, Dragonbrand

  • Sleepwalker.1398Sleepwalker.1398 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @foxof.8752 said:
    World Linking 1/31/2020 Dragonbrand, Gate of Madness !!!
    World Linking 10/25/2019 Dragonbrand, Sorrow's Furnace
    World Linking 8/30/2019 Dragonbrand, Gate of Madness !!!
    World Linking 6/27/2019 Dragonbrand, Eredon Terrace
    World Linking 4/26/2019 Dragonbrand, Isle of Janthir !!
    World Linking 2/22/2019 Dragonbrand, Isle of Janthir !!
    World linking 12/21/2018 Gate of Madness, Dragonbrand !!!
    World Linking 10/26/2018 Henge of Denravi, Dragonbrand
    World Linking 8/31/2018 Stormbluff Isle, Dragonbrand

    I pronounce you (GoM & DB) man and wife \o/

  • Adimante.8034Adimante.8034 Member
    edited February 1, 2020

    @Sparky.8724 said:
    International links were a mistake. Please keep national servers together, people are actually transfering away rather than play with the french. Both parties would prefer it this way too.

    I think it's a little bit the same for DE and ES servers. It doesn't seem to have gone really well for Vabbi with the Germans.

    For the FR, when AR was allied with Blackside, everyone left Blackside (I do not criticize them, I understand them) ... Certainly, AR spoke English with difficulty (it is a real problem the level of English of FR) but anyway there were not many people who speak English on Blackside ... Possibly there were more people on AR who did not understand English than people who play in WvW on Blackside ... So use English for Blackside players at the expense of French which are bad in English, it became irrelevant.

    Otherwise with regard to the FR servers, I think that the number of French-speaking players does not justify 2 main and 3 secondary servers, that's too much. Ranik and Arborea, lol ... You have to understand the frustration of AR for example, having an empty ally server and having matchup against them Zerks of 45 players when they can only have 25 ...

    Blackside was a decent secondary server. He ends up with AR and is worth nothing. So we put it with Desolation, the super bankable server that could have stayed alone ... All those who have easy migration are attracted, and, after 3 months Blackside is again a super secondary server. So we put it with a main server not too top like MDJ ... But as they are with FR, that the servers fr it is not super bankable, that the population, come for Desolation, migrates easily ... They s 'go, and the FR server is left with a bad ally ...

    I fully understand that the secondary EN servers are disgusted with being with FR, this is normal. But the way it happens also disgusts the FR, and it also seems normal to me ... The FR servers and the EN servers are bored and do not make enough efforts. And the opinions of each other with their allies deteriorates even more ... Thank you Anet.

    The end of the restrictions is not necessarily the problem, but, Anet will have to take into account that the small EN servers for the main FR GR or SP servers will rarely be terrible and vice versa. The Blackside server associated with MDJ is an active population divided by how much compared to the Blackside server associated with Desolation ??? 3? 4?
    ... So, sorry for my english level, I'm french XD.

  • aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Adimante.8034 said:

    @Sparky.8724 said:
    International links were a mistake. Please keep national servers together, people are actually transfering away rather than play with the french. Both parties would prefer it this way too.

    I think it's a little bit the same for DE and ES servers. It doesn't seem to have gone really well for Vabbi with the Germans.

    For the FR, when AR was allied with Blackside, everyone left Blackside (I do not criticize them, I understand them) ... Certainly, AR spoke English with difficulty (it is a real problem the level of English of FR) but anyway there were not many people who speak English on Blackside ... Possibly there were more people on AR who did not understand English than people who play in WvW on Blackside ... So use English for Blackside players at the expense of French which are bad in English, it became irrelevant.

    Otherwise with regard to the FR servers, I think that the number of French-speaking players does not justify 2 main and 3 secondary servers, that's too much. Ranik and Arborea, lol ... You have to understand the frustration of AR for example, having an empty ally server and having matchup against them Zerks of 45 players when they can only have 25 ...

    Blackside was a decent secondary server. He ends up with AR and is worth nothing. So we put it with Desolation, the super bankable server that could have stayed alone ... All those who have easy migration are attracted, and, after 3 months Blackside is again a super secondary server. So we put it with a main server not too top like MDJ ... But as they are with FR, that the servers fr it is not super bankable, that the population, come for Desolation, migrates easily ... They s 'go, and the FR server is left with a bad ally ...

    I fully understand that the secondary EN servers are disgusted with being with FR, this is normal. But the way it happens also disgusts the FR, and it also seems normal to me ... The FR servers and the EN servers are bored and do not make enough efforts. And the opinions of each other with their allies deteriorates even more ... Thank you Anet.

    The end of the restrictions is not necessarily the problem, but, Anet will have to take into account that the small EN servers for the main FR GR or SP servers will rarely be terrible and vice versa. The Blackside server associated with MDJ is an active population divided by how much compared to the Blackside server associated with Desolation ??? 3? 4?
    ... So, sorry for my english level, I'm french XD.

    Funny you mention AR, since this is the host of my linked server. There is absolutey nobody playing on AR right now? Guess they all transfered to vizunah again or not?

  • Adimante.8034Adimante.8034 Member
    edited February 1, 2020

    I think there are more people on AR than on Aurora :) and clearly more than on Vizu. But for sure AR for a main server does not seem to me to have a large population, and much less than a certain number of other main ones.

    And no, they did not go to Vizu, it's just that 2 main and 3 secondary seem to me too much for the number of players in the French-speaking community.

    When I see Piken with Abaddon and AR with Aurora and the match up it gives (whereas in the previous match up Piken was alone and did as well as AR allied to Surmia and that night Abaddon as main server had groups of 25 players and put AR 400 to 10) ...

    I wonder about how Anet decides the links ...
    Me for example I see that we go to 4 division without Anet having never talked about it (even if we knew it was going to happen), that AR is left with a rotten match up against Piken + Aaddon, that our ally who in a 5-division diagram would have been interesting but 4-division is complicated, etc. In fact the WvW, like a number of AR players it tires me a bit so I'm going to go less ... and sorry for Aurora.

    It's been 5 months since RA has done no better than the last of D4 ... Anet makes the links he makes.

  • @Sleepwalker.1398 said:
    I pronounce you (GoM & DB) man and wife \o/

    If you'd have seen Team chat last night, you'd know both sides are more than ready for a divorce.

  • @Bellatrixa.3546 said:

    @Sleepwalker.1398 said:
    I pronounce you (GoM & DB) man and wife \o/

    If you'd have seen Team chat last night, you'd know both sides are more than ready for a divorce.

    Oh it’s beyond divorce, it’s fighting over who gets the kids now. 30 min of it gave me ptsd and war flashbacks.

    Sin The Alluring/Tormentor/Terrorizer/Terrible/Insane/Fragrant/Subtle/Vigilante/Explosive/Saint/Demonic/Scout/Crazy
    WVW: The Quarriors - [JADE] ~ Hide Yo Zerg Hide Yo Tag Cuz - [ICU] (if ICU UR Spotted) ~ Really Into Partying - [RIP]
    PVE: Vassals Of The Aether - [VOA] ~ Friends Vs Dungeons [FvD]

  • @Irelia.8964 said:

    @CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:

    @Irelia.8964 said:
    Whoever thought Underworld and Deso are a good link, please ... nah I don't even know what to say xD

    I mean, they did give 'Full' Servers two links aswell.

    The two most active ppt servers together. Deso already NEVER left T1 ... oof

    eh, blacktide was way more active than underworld apparently, at least judging from the past weekend. rather talk about kodash+sfr becoming a link

    @Adzekul.3104 said:
    Early feedback from T1 EU reset ... big queues, to be expected I suppose.

    saturday really had no big queues; ebg sometimes 40ish, usually 20ish around prime across some maps, but "big" queues are/would be 60+

    @Aeolus.3615 said:

    @Mannah.4012 said:

    @Aeolus.3615 said:

    @aspirine.6852 said:

    @Mannah.4012 said:
    Omg BB finally linked

    yeah, they can finally ppt during the night and day too now :)

    They want easy ktrains :P Anet delivered them that, even when NSP fough them they could outman us in every map while that server was tanking ahaha.

    I think that link is needed because we don't have ppl during the daytime because our real life schedule while international servers lack ppl at nightime. It would provide benefits for both sides. You think we like to play against 50+ ppl blobs on daytime when we're like 20? It's the same issue for both sides but at different hours.

    But u loved to ktrain out empty maps this week, didnt u? hehehe.

    The way Anet manages and pairs servers is a joke, ignores the timezones wich creates huge blobs vs servers that are dead at one ktrain time zone, then its the other server one by one to ktrain vs empty maps.

    Lets see if this pairings will lead to less blob vs empty timezones :\, would be great if that happens, since they kinda feel hardcoded rather by glicko.

    you can't simply argue with that; WSR also brought blobs of ~50ppl to our ebg keep at 4am and then again at 6am one sunday, then one other time under the week (wednesday i think) at 8am. those are incredibly weird times and seem to occur for every server, but are likely planned alike. you don't just have a coordinated blobsize (~45+) nor even zergsize (21-25+) sitting on your borders at every possible time of the day, not even in t1 servers.

  • briggah.7910briggah.7910 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2, 2020

    welp stuck in t4 yet again. last place in t4 yet again. look at the matchups anet. you fail at balancing match ups so go back to drawing board. i'm getting tired of sitting out months because the match ups are NO FUN

  • ANET you screwed up again with the relinks and current relinks are not balanced at all.

    • Some the servers have some hours of the day that where WvW population is low or just dead.
    • Then there are some servers that have a very strong WvW population all hours of the day

    For an example take Tarnished Coast it has Pacific Time (PST) morning hours WvW population is low or just dead Tarnished Coast is linked with Isle of Janthir and the WvW population is still low or just dead in some hours.

    Then there are some servers that have a very strong WvW population all hours of the day like Anvil Rock they are very active all hours of the day which should have no linked server or the lowest WvW population server linked them.

    Tarnished Coast - Full: This means that Tarnished Coast will not have any more people on the server and/or means most of its player base is in PvE.

    WvW population is very different than server wide population.

    ANET you need to look at the real WvW population and what hours of the day and strong and weak for each server to really know what to do in relinks to each server. By doing this way matches will be very close and really fun long fights on all WvW maps.

    Current it is like one server dominating 1 or 2 servers consistently when their WvW population is very low or dead this not really balanced and I heard from other players for the last 2 relinks they are quitting the game because they loosing interest I tell them not to quit and it is only a game but they quit anyway.

    The current population of servers taken from the wiki
    North America - 24 worlds
    Devona's Rest 1 — Medium
    Ehmry Bay 2 — Medium
    Eredon Terrace — Medium
    Isle of Janthir — Medium
    Kaineng — Medium
    Sanctum of Rall 4 — Medium
    Sorrow's Furnace — Medium
    Stormbluff Isle — Medium
    Borlis Pass — High
    Crystal Desert — High
    Darkhaven — High
    Ferguson's Crossing 3 — High
    Gate of Madness — High
    Henge of Denravi — High
    Northern Shiverpeaks — High
    Anvil Rock — Very High
    Dragonbrand — Very High
    Fort Aspenwood — Very High
    Yak's Bend — Very High
    Blackgate — Full
    Jade Quarry — Full
    Maguuma — Full
    Sea of Sorrows — Full
    Tarnished Coast — Full

    Europe - 27 worlds, 13 with a specific language focus
    Blacktide — Medium
    Fissure of Woe — Medium
    Ring of Fire — Medium
    Ruins of Surmia — Medium
    Underworld — Medium
    Vabbi — Medium
    Arborstone FR Medium
    Fort Ranik FR Medium
    Vizunah Square FR Medium
    Kodash DE Medium
    Miller's Sound DE Medium
    Aurora Glade — High
    Far Shiverpeaks — High
    Gunnar's Hold — High
    Piken Square — High
    Abaddon's Mouth DE High
    Drakkar Lake DE High
    Desolation — Very High
    Augury Rock FR Very High
    Jade Sea FR Very High
    Riverside DE Very High
    Baruch Bay 6 ES Very High
    Gandara — Full
    Seafarer's Rest — Full
    Whiteside Ridge 5 — Full
    Dzagonur DE Full
    Elona Reach DE Full

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @pointaction.4639 said:
    ANET you need to look at the real WvW population and what hours of the day and strong and weak for each server to really know what to do in relinks to each server. By doing this way matches will be very close and really fun long fights on all WvW maps.

    It's not that simple to do because of the amount of servers is actually quite small to work with, and the ones with off hours coverage to make up for those heavy na servers is even smaller, eu also had the bonus of separate language servers which at the time they weren't looking to mix with others so that was even more of a restriction. So even if they tried to piece together links by time zone activity some server are bound to get screwed over anyways. This is why way back when we had polls they asked if we would be ok with more smaller servers in order to have more pieces to put together links and the community said no, probably because they didn't fully understand what they were trying to accomplish, they just magically wanted perfect matches and that was that. There is no perfect 12 link servers to put with 12 perfect host, or in the eu case it was 12 links with 15 host, each and every time.

    https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Hypothetically-Speaking-New-Worlds

    This would all go down the drain anyways when players move right after new links are announced, making it an extra waste of time manually trying to perfectly match servers when players will just screw it up anyways. Also there's no constant consistent play times, there are servers that tank on purpose, there are guilds that take time off, and frankly it'll just become a full time job for someone to sort through all that information for each and every server, this is why they wanted the automated alliance system to handle all this.

    ^ Another derailing post - Anet
    Perma stealth is needed to outrun zergs. - Thieves
    /Stomps Mirage-Scourge-Warclaw, boon ball balance! - Anet
    No expansion money as long as Mesmers are trash. - Me

  • SWI.4127SWI.4127 Member ✭✭✭

    @pointaction.4639 said:
    Tarnished Coast - Full: This means that Tarnished Coast will not have any more people on the server and/or means most of its player base is in PvE.

    That's not how it works. PvE players don't count toward server population. Population is based on WvW play-hours. TC has a lot of people playing during primetime, therefore they are full.

  • CrimsonNeonite.1048CrimsonNeonite.1048 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2020

    @Irelia.8964 said:

    @CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:

    @Irelia.8964 said:
    Whoever thought Underworld and Deso are a good link, please ... nah I don't even know what to say xD

    I mean, they did give 'Full' Servers two links aswell.

    The two most active ppt servers together. Deso already NEVER left T1 ... oof

    Maybe some guilds, ppt Comms and players will move from underworld though, but it depends on where everyone moves and whether we can spread out the population, now that every host has at least link.

    But of course, if RTK stays they will just continue that nightcap and Deso gets stuck in T1 again with SFR for now.

    https://twitch.tv/crimson13neon/
    Cyberpunk is coming out before Alliances.

  • Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2020

    It looks like this link was meant to balance the game mode around coverage rather than population or peak performance, which is why we got several high population servers linked together because they have different coverage periods.

    But it creates a weakness when full-coverage servers get linked..

    Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay, NA | 22 charas, 16k hours, 28k AP | ♀♥♀
    Mains Mariyuuna/Auramancer(PvE) & Terakura/Healbreaker(WvW) aka Henge of Denravi Silver Invader [SUKI]
    No need to be best, only good and kind.

  • @Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    You fell for it. BG with a link. Just block kitten transfer to DR stat

    More people transfered to FA and fa link then to BG and bg link..........

  • briggah.7910briggah.7910 Member ✭✭✭

    when you relink servers, use your brains and put servers that are FULL in the top tiers. I swear you guys have no idea what you are doing every single relink. you just put names in a hat, draw them and then you close your eyes and decide what tiers the servers should be in

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @briggah.7910 said:
    when you relink servers, use your brains and put servers that are FULL in the top tiers. I swear you guys have no idea what you are doing every single relink. you just put names in a hat, draw them and then you close your eyes and decide what tiers the servers should be in

    Which would last for one week....

    Then one would move down, and if bad enough, continue to move down.

    Full is only a play hours threshold. It has nothing to do with how they perform in WvW.

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • briggah.7910briggah.7910 Member ✭✭✭

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @briggah.7910 said:
    when you relink servers, use your brains and put servers that are FULL in the top tiers. I swear you guys have no idea what you are doing every single relink. you just put names in a hat, draw them and then you close your eyes and decide what tiers the servers should be in

    Which would last for one week....

    Then one would move down, and if bad enough, continue to move down.

    Full is only a play hours threshold. It has nothing to do with how they perform in WvW.

    one up one down was stupid idea but hey its what the loud mouth minorities wanted and we have it.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @briggah.7910 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @briggah.7910 said:
    when you relink servers, use your brains and put servers that are FULL in the top tiers. I swear you guys have no idea what you are doing every single relink. you just put names in a hat, draw them and then you close your eyes and decide what tiers the servers should be in

    Which would last for one week....

    Then one would move down, and if bad enough, continue to move down.

    Full is only a play hours threshold. It has nothing to do with how they perform in WvW.

    one up one down was stupid idea but hey its what the loud mouth minorities wanted and we have it.

    Fair enough. I don’t see it changing.

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • @Jayden Reese.9542 said:

    @Stagar.6489 said:

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    You fell for it. BG with a link. Just block kitten transfer to DR stat

    More people transfered to FA and fa link then to BG and bg link..........

    Possible but unlikely. They all went somewhere. I mean FA sbi should never of started in t4. That combo easy t2

    FA went from very high to full and SBI went from medium to high

  • MELORD.5013MELORD.5013 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2020

    @Stagar.6489 said:

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:

    @Stagar.6489 said:

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    You fell for it. BG with a link. Just block kitten transfer to DR stat

    More people transfered to FA and fa link then to BG and bg link..........

    Possible but unlikely. They all went somewhere. I mean FA sbi should never of started in t4. That combo easy t2

    FA went from very high to full and SBI went from medium to high

    sbi has 3 sea guilds lota koreans made sbi there home and lota NA pugs so it's normal to see ppl move there just like how they did when they were linked to mag
    and with jq not having that big sea pop anymore don't know if they are just on break on smthing but the sea of sbi will just run over everything so you probably see FA on perma t1

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    kitten, Mag is a trihard ppt server now...

    Glicko ratings is a stupid system! Fighting the same server for 4 weeks in a row!
    One up one down is a stupid system! Fighting servers above us!
    Damage is too high tone it down! Get rid of one shots!
    OMG you toned everything down by one third now we gonna hit like wet noodles!
    Just can't win with blind wvw people.

    ^ Another derailing post - Anet
    Perma stealth is needed to outrun zergs. - Thieves
    /Stomps Mirage-Scourge-Warclaw, boon ball balance! - Anet
    No expansion money as long as Mesmers are trash. - Me

  • @Cal Cohen.2358 said:
    Here are the worlds for EU:

    • Augury Rock (FR), Aurora Glade (EN)
    • Baruch Bay (SP), Vabbi (EN)
    • Desolation (EN), Underworld (EN)
    • Dzagonur (DE), Arborstone (FR), Fort Ranik (FR)
    • Elona Reach (DE), Ring of Fire (EN), Ruins of Surmia (EN)
    • Gandara (EN), Miller's Sound (DE), Fissure of Woe (EN)
    • Gunnar's Hold (EN), Drakkar Lake (DE)
    • Jade Sea (FR), Blacktide (EN)
    • Piken Square (EN), Abaddon's Mouth (DE)
    • Riverside (DE), Far Shiverpeaks (EN)
    • Seafarer's Rest (EN), Kodash (DE)
    • Whiteside Ridge (EN), Vizunah Square (FR)

    Here are the worlds for NA:

    • Anvil Rock, Eredon Terrace
    • Blackgate, Devona's Rest
    • Crystal Desert, Ferguson's Crossing
    • Dragonbrand, Gate of Madness
    • Fort Aspenwood, Stormbluff Isle
    • Henge of Denravi, Darkhaven
    • Jade Quarry, Sanctum of Rall
    • Maguuma, Sorrow's Furnace
    • Northern Shiverpeaks, Borlis Pass
    • Sea of Sorrows, Ehmry Bay
    • Tarnished Coast, Isle of Janthir
    • Yak's Bend, Kaineng

    Thanks for have Created Unbalanced System Bro

    @CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:

    @Irelia.8964 said:

    @CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:

    @Irelia.8964 said:
    Whoever thought Underworld and Deso are a good link, please ... nah I don't even know what to say xD

    I mean, they did give 'Full' Servers two links aswell.

    The two most active ppt servers together. Deso already NEVER left T1 ... oof

    Maybe some guilds, ppt Comms and players will move from underworld though, but it depends on where everyone moves and whether we can spread out the population, now that every host has at least link.

    But of course, if RTK stays they will just continue that nightcap and Deso gets stuck in T1 again with SFR for now.

    Underworld is high population lul, they will never leave t1 now

  • MELORD.5013MELORD.5013 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2020

    @XenesisII.1540 said:
    kitten, Mag is a trihard ppt server now...

    its not thier fault that they got bored of jq and sos not having na pop and that they are against an aussi and a china server

  • TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2020

    @Cambeleg.7632 said:
    @McKenna Berdrow.2759... didn't you say around September 2016... that Baruch never ever would have a link? That German servers never ever would be linked with non-German servers?

    I can post the original "speech" you gave us here, if you wish. I have it saved.

    How feels to be wrong? B)

    Nevermind I didn't see the later post. :D

    Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/Civ6/CU/AoC/NW

  • Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2020

    I wish they'd just assign each server a permanent color and randomise matchups and links every 24 hours or something.

    It would be better than these constant shots in the dark, because it would normalise the error.

    Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay, NA | 22 charas, 16k hours, 28k AP | ♀♥♀
    Mains Mariyuuna/Auramancer(PvE) & Terakura/Healbreaker(WvW) aka Henge of Denravi Silver Invader [SUKI]
    No need to be best, only good and kind.

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @MELORD.5013 said:

    @XenesisII.1540 said:
    kitten, Mag is a trihard ppt server now...

    its not thier fault that they got bored of jq and sos not having na pop and that they are against an aussi and a china server

    Naw, just another bandwagon.

    ^ Another derailing post - Anet
    Perma stealth is needed to outrun zergs. - Thieves
    /Stomps Mirage-Scourge-Warclaw, boon ball balance! - Anet
    No expansion money as long as Mesmers are trash. - Me

  • CrimsonNeonite.1048CrimsonNeonite.1048 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2020

    @CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:

    @Irelia.8964 said:

    @CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:

    @Irelia.8964 said:
    Whoever thought Underworld and Deso are a good link, please ... nah I don't even know what to say xD

    I mean, they did give 'Full' Servers two links aswell.

    The two most active ppt servers together. Deso already NEVER left T1 ... oof

    Maybe some guilds, ppt Comms and players will move from underworld though, but it depends on where everyone moves and whether we can spread out the population, now that every host has at least link.

    But of course, if RTK stays they will just continue that nightcap and Deso gets stuck in T1 again with SFR for now.

    Underworld is high population lul, they will never leave t1 now

    Blacktide was Medium for 3 months, even though more people kept transferring to that link, who at least has only a few guilds left now , but UW probably has lost none and gained some more players and Guilds.

    There are enough chatmanders here PPTing off peak, so people will come here for Ez pips for now, but it won't stop people from transferring in the meantime.

    https://twitch.tv/crimson13neon/
    Cyberpunk is coming out before Alliances.

  • Bassdeff.1895Bassdeff.1895 Member ✭✭✭

    I am so done with these lopsided matchups. My server is stuck in T1 outnumbered on pretty much every map getting steamrolled during NA primetime because we have a strong OCX that just PVDs all night and caps everything. Looking for a new place to call home but I fear that the moment I spent hundreds of gold to transfer that Anert will give my new home some other stupid pairing and end up with the same problem.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bassdeff.1895 said:
    I am so done with these lopsided matchups. My server is stuck in T1 outnumbered on pretty much every map getting steamrolled during NA primetime because we have a strong OCX that just PVDs all night and caps everything. Looking for a new place to call home but I fear that the moment I spent hundreds of gold to transfer that Anert will give my new home some other stupid pairing and end up with the same problem.

    Ahh.. Yeah, BG is tough..

    Oh wait.. that’s right.. BG is in T4.

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • Bassdeff.1895Bassdeff.1895 Member ✭✭✭

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Bassdeff.1895 said:
    I am so done with these lopsided matchups. My server is stuck in T1 outnumbered on pretty much every map getting steamrolled during NA primetime because we have a strong OCX that just PVDs all night and caps everything. Looking for a new place to call home but I fear that the moment I spent hundreds of gold to transfer that Anert will give my new home some other stupid pairing and end up with the same problem.

    Ahh.. Yeah, BG is tough..

    Oh wait.. that’s right.. BG is in T4.

    BG is just a shadow of it's former self.

  • MELORD.5013MELORD.5013 Member ✭✭✭

    @XenesisII.1540 said:

    @MELORD.5013 said:

    @XenesisII.1540 said:
    kitten, Mag is a trihard ppt server now...

    its not thier fault that they got bored of jq and sos not having na pop and that they are against an aussi and a china server

    Naw, just another bandwagon.

    not really mag is full with with NA players not sure if this NA servers or ocx and SEA servers stacking one time zone and the other suffers there is no balance and anet is not looking to fix it now

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bassdeff.1895 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Bassdeff.1895 said:
    I am so done with these lopsided matchups. My server is stuck in T1 outnumbered on pretty much every map getting steamrolled during NA primetime because we have a strong OCX that just PVDs all night and caps everything. Looking for a new place to call home but I fear that the moment I spent hundreds of gold to transfer that Anert will give my new home some other stupid pairing and end up with the same problem.

    Ahh.. Yeah, BG is tough..

    Oh wait.. that’s right.. BG is in T4.

    BG is just a shadow of it's former self.

    Nah man... BG has 24/7 coverage and has map queues on 3 maps all the time.

    Don’t let BG fool you!!

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • Bassdeff.1895Bassdeff.1895 Member ✭✭✭

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Bassdeff.1895 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Bassdeff.1895 said:
    I am so done with these lopsided matchups. My server is stuck in T1 outnumbered on pretty much every map getting steamrolled during NA primetime because we have a strong OCX that just PVDs all night and caps everything. Looking for a new place to call home but I fear that the moment I spent hundreds of gold to transfer that Anert will give my new home some other stupid pairing and end up with the same problem.

    Ahh.. Yeah, BG is tough..

    Oh wait.. that’s right.. BG is in T4.

    BG is just a shadow of it's former self.

    Nah man... BG has 24/7 coverage and has map queues on 3 maps all the time.

    Don’t let BG fool you!!

    If that's the case what are they doing? RPing as a herd of yaks?

  • FA, and SBI link up are going to T1, just watch!

  • L A T I O N.8923L A T I O N.8923 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Nsknick.3816 said:
    FA, and SBI link up are going to T1, just watch!

    They sort of have half the active players now
    Touche to the server that Will win from them

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Cambeleg.7632 said:
    @McKenna Berdrow.2759... didn't you say around September 2016... that Baruch never ever would have a link? That German servers never ever would be linked with non-German servers?

    I can post the original "speech" you gave us here, if you wish. I have it saved.

    How feels to be wrong? B)

    They haven't worked at anet for like a year...
    How feels to be ignorant? B)

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • Kurowolfe.7124Kurowolfe.7124 Member ✭✭
    edited February 6, 2020

    Well, another 2 months with a host server that barely has the population for a host. I like how ANet keeps pairing our server with a newly-minted host that barely fulfills the god-forsaken glicko's criteria for a host server. What's new this time though is that they immediately put us in T2 smack dab between two massive servers, one having a link server that is super fat WvW-wise, because of the glicko.

    This, and having to deal with the massive rework/nerfs later this month and think about how to overcome all these reworks, and I'm generally am always tired after a raid session in EBG. And I'm not about to give Anet my money just to change servers and fit into their probable agenda of raking money off transfer fees.

    I'm just tired thinking about this game in general. Still, at least my friends are still there. Weren't it for them and their sudden outburst of regular fractal runs, I would've not logged in at all.

  • shiri.4257shiri.4257 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Nsknick.3816 said:
    FA, and SBI link up are going to T1, just watch!

    Fight server, Fight tierr!!!! Hypppeeee

    Spectre [VII] - Wood League Champion. Making "fight guilds" stack on higher tiers since 2013.
    Michelin rated WvW guild since 2015. The gold standard. Never transferred, never reformed, adapting and reloading with or without Anet.

  • CrimsonNeonite.1048CrimsonNeonite.1048 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2020

    @CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:

    @Irelia.8964 said:

    @CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:

    @Irelia.8964 said:
    Whoever thought Underworld and Deso are a good link, please ... nah I don't even know what to say xD

    I mean, they did give 'Full' Servers two links aswell.

    The two most active ppt servers together. Deso already NEVER left T1 ... oof

    Maybe some guilds, ppt Comms and players will move from underworld though, but it depends on where everyone moves and whether we can spread out the population, now that every host has at least link.

    But of course, if RTK stays they will just continue that nightcap and Deso gets stuck in T1 again with SFR for now.

    Well it looks like some Guilds, commanders and players moved, but they did give us a stacked link. We have too much coverage and many tryhards left, to get any match up diversity.

    The other Tiers aren't that dead in terms of fighting Content at least from what I've heard or seen, obviously with varying amounts of coverage;, which is meaningless besides for the sake of Match up diversity, with it being down to 4 Tiers.

    You've got to laugh at Kamikharzeeh claiming we are fighting against all odds and winning almost every skirmish this week though. So much bias and server pride over winning PPT with a stacked linkage.

    http://gw2stats.com/matchups/skirmish/9079

    https://twitch.tv/crimson13neon/
    Cyberpunk is coming out before Alliances.

  • ilMasa.2546ilMasa.2546 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2020

    Transfered to an EN server got linked to a DE server...i mean... my knowledge of the german language is kinda limited to:

    • prost
    • rammstein/du hast
    • wurstel

    So yea cant understand what they are typing in /m or /t most of the time,dont get me wrong some write in english ...BUT still i dont get why EU localize servers for certain languages...
    BUT mostly, why LINK an ENGLISH SPEAKING server to a GERMAN SPEAKING one!?!?!?!

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2020

    @ilMasa.2546 said:
    Transfered to an EN server got linked to a DE server...i mean... my knowledge of the german language is kinda limited to:

    • prost
    • rammstein/du hast
    • wurstel

    So yea cant understand what they are typing in /m or /t most of the time,dont get me wrong some write in english ...BUT still i dont get why EU localize servers for certain languages...
    BUT mostly, why LINK an ENGLISH SPEAKING server to a GERMAN SPEAKING one!?!?!?!

    GW2 doesnt have "EN" servers. That notation does not exist.

    You transfered to an international server. And it's still international even with a german link.

    gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

  • ilMasa.2546ilMasa.2546 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2020

    Ook... the abysmal EN situation has been clarified .
    Since it is international and an EN tag (to identify one of the most used language on the planet) does not exit,it is totally fine then.
    My bad, i joined that server just for the multiculturalism, i guess...

    ...and that link is like Erasmus.

    Silly me! :)

  • Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2020

    @ilMasa.2546 said:
    Ook... the abysmal EN situation has been clarified .
    Since it is international and an EN tag (to identify one of the most used language on the planet) does not exit,it is totally fine then.
    My bad, i joined that server just for the multiculturalism, i guess...

    ...and that link is like Erasmus.

    Silly me! :)

    If you think English is the most used language on the planet you probably need to get out more. Its used by a few developed countries, and is very common online due to the origins of the Internet, but there are literally thousands of languages besides English, and both Mandarin (Chinese) and Spanish far exceed English in the number of native speakers world-wide.

    Even in large swaths of the US and Canada a secondary language is used, like French, Spanish, etc.

    Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay, NA | 22 charas, 16k hours, 28k AP | ♀♥♀
    Mains Mariyuuna/Auramancer(PvE) & Terakura/Healbreaker(WvW) aka Henge of Denravi Silver Invader [SUKI]
    No need to be best, only good and kind.

  • ilMasa.2546ilMasa.2546 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2020

    @Hannelore.8153 said:

    @ilMasa.2546 said:
    Ook... the abysmal EN situation has been clarified .
    Since it is international and an EN tag (to identify one of the most used language on the planet) does not exit,it is totally fine then.
    My bad, i joined that server just for the multiculturalism, i guess...

    ...and that link is like Erasmus.

    Silly me! :)

    If you think English is the most used language on the planet you probably need to get out more. Its used by a few developed countries, and is very common online due to the origins of the Internet, but there are literally thousands of languages besides English, and both Mandarin (Chinese) and Spanish far exceed English in the number of native speakers world-wide.

    Even in large swaths of the US and Canada a secondary language is used, like French, Spanish, etc.

    Idk man,to me looks like people just read 1 word and then BUILD a whole nonsensical argument around ONE-SINGLE-WORD,without taking in consideration the entire context.You did even quoted me.

    Where did i say English is THE MOST used language.I played on US servers for 4 years:

    • ONE - There are no spanish or "insert specific language" dedicated server on US.
    • TWO - Even tho Spanish is the second most spoken language in the US,I have NEVER seen people writing in spanish or in any other languages in PUBLIC channels.Especially to make calls in pvp.
    • THREE - True there are several international languages,but English is the most common in EU?! Totally going to visit Germany and speak Mandarin: they will understand.
    • FOUR - Go ahead make a French dedicated server in the US list,link it with an international one. Lets see how it goes

    Ill be glad to go outside more.... BUT u gotta read what is actually written. And not what u think im thinking. lol?!?!

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @ilMasa.2546 said:

    @Hannelore.8153 said:

    @ilMasa.2546 said:
    Ook... the abysmal EN situation has been clarified .
    Since it is international and an EN tag (to identify one of the most used language on the planet) does not exit,it is totally fine then.
    My bad, i joined that server just for the multiculturalism, i guess...

    ...and that link is like Erasmus.

    Silly me! :)

    If you think English is the most used language on the planet you probably need to get out more. Its used by a few developed countries, and is very common online due to the origins of the Internet, but there are literally thousands of languages besides English, and both Mandarin (Chinese) and Spanish far exceed English in the number of native speakers world-wide.

    Even in large swaths of the US and Canada a secondary language is used, like French, Spanish, etc.

    Idk man,to me looks like people just read 1 word and then BUILD a whole nonsensical argument around ONE-SINGLE-WORD,without taking in consideration the entire context.You did even quoted me.

    Where did i say English is THE MOST used language.I played on US servers for 4 years:

    • ONE - There are no spanish or "insert specific language" dedicated server on US.
    • TWO - Even tho Spanish is the second most spoken language in the US,I have NEVER seen people writing in spanish or in any other languages in PUBLIC channels.Especially to make calls in pvp.
    • THREE - True there are several international languages,but English is the most common in EU?! Totally going to visit Germany and speak Mandarin: they will understand.
    • FOUR - Go ahead make a French dedicated server in the US list,link it with an international one. Lets see how it goes

    Ill be glad to go outside more.... BUT u gotta read what is actually written. And not what u think im thinking. lol?!?!

    Speaking of nonsensical arguments, none of this is releveant. You are still on your own link, with its own community - just like the national people are on theirs. Are they forcing you to speak german? No, then dont force them to speak english. Integration comes natural - if they want help and seem to writing random funny looking words, then tell them you dont understand. Most of the time when someone calls out something in chat they actually want help and some are willing to explain. And if they dont well kitten them, you're not obliged to do kitten for the link or any other player no matter their nationality. You are allowed to do your own thing.

    gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

  • @V Winter.5371 said:
    NA should have three tiers tbh, do that and expand map capacity and things should be much better on this side of the pond.

    I agree, 4 is too much. Also maybe helps if relink is every 1 months.

    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."
    Alexander the Great

    Devona's Rest (DR) - MERC

  • L A T I O N.8923L A T I O N.8923 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @ilMasa.2546 said:

    @Hannelore.8153 said:

    @ilMasa.2546 said:
    Ook... the abysmal EN situation has been clarified .
    Since it is international and an EN tag (to identify one of the most used language on the planet) does not exit,it is totally fine then.
    My bad, i joined that server just for the multiculturalism, i guess...

    ...and that link is like Erasmus.

    Silly me! :)

    If you think English is the most used language on the planet you probably need to get out more. Its used by a few developed countries, and is very common online due to the origins of the Internet, but there are literally thousands of languages besides English, and both Mandarin (Chinese) and Spanish far exceed English in the number of native speakers world-wide.

    Even in large swaths of the US and Canada a secondary language is used, like French, Spanish, etc.

    Idk man,to me looks like people just read 1 word and then BUILD a whole nonsensical argument around ONE-SINGLE-WORD,without taking in consideration the entire context.You did even quoted me.

    Where did i say English is THE MOST used language.I played on US servers for 4 years:

    • ONE - There are no spanish or "insert specific language" dedicated server on US.
    • TWO - Even tho Spanish is the second most spoken language in the US,I have NEVER seen people writing in spanish or in any other languages in PUBLIC channels.Especially to make calls in pvp.
    • THREE - True there are several international languages,but English is the most common in EU?! Totally going to visit Germany and speak Mandarin: they will understand.
    • FOUR - Go ahead make a French dedicated server in the US list,link it with an international one. Lets see how it goes

    Ill be glad to go outside more.... BUT u gotta read what is actually written. And not what u think im thinking. lol?!?!

    Besides the topic,

    Ive been whispered in spannish alot because people said my name was 'latino'

    Had to overshare it