Now that we're able to wear capes, does anyone else want a casual looking rustic cape?

Vetkin.6041

I kinda want an Inquest halfcape (to show off that official business status)something draped over one shoulder, so not full back-width

alternatively, I want a cape fit for the cold weather we're in now.Be it a bear skin, a cloth with woolen lining, or something made of raven feather's to match the raven's cowl.

GW2 feathercape
(anyone knows how to make it an actual image on the forum?)

Yeah would be cool although that's a cloak not a cape.

The big problem with it though is it will be much harder to put in the game than capes.

The easiest way they could do it would be to just make it an outfit, but most won't be happy with that as they'll want to mix match.It could work as part of a Head, Shoulders and Backpack combo set but there will still be a ton of clipping issues involved with various armour sets/parts.

Unlike current capes though it would need to be wider at the top than the bottom so without the matching shoulders or a suitable substitute the cape alone would look floaty and stupid.. and some would probably use it because of that.Some players may take issue with that in a similar way to how they really dislike certain effects or those characters who's main goal appears to be becoming the shiniest thing alive.

I am wondering if a compromise can be made and if it's possible for Anet to develop equipment specific outfits.Atm all the we have is full body outfits.But would it be possible to have outfits that only replace/hide 2-3 pieces of armour and leave your currently equipped armour visible.If Anet can pull that off then adding a variety of cool Cloak outfits to the game would be very possible.

• 9 months later...

@lokh.2695 said:Nah I'm fine. Could have done without capes at all and I think resources are better spent elsewhere.

The resources were going to go to some kind of back item, just at Anet's been doing for years. As back items of any type are predominantly Gem store items they make up a significant portion of Anet's revenue, so why not capes? As for the suggested item, kinda depends on how close to a cloak you want to go. Teratus brought up the issues with making a true cloak or a close facsimile, something I wrote about on a similar thread a few months back. But a longer, slightly wider, and overall simpler style of cape would be a nice. What I'm waiting for is a half-cape combined with an arrow quiver. My ranger's been using the same quiver for over seven years now, and I want to wear a cape and a quiver. I want it BAD .

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:What I'm waiting for is a half-cape combined with an arrow quiver. My ranger's been using the same quiver for over seven years now, and I want to wear a cape and a quiver. I want it BAD .As a ranger main, I would like this too, depending on how it's made/presented. Sadly, though, I feel that this would be too niche of an item that would not sell in the quantity necessary to justify the work put into it.

@Astralporing.1957 said:I think we have enough of gemstore items already.

Yeah, like that's ever going to happen.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:What I'm waiting for is a half-cape combined with an arrow quiver. My ranger's been using the same quiver for over seven years now, and I want to wear a cape and a quiver. I want it
BAD
.As a ranger main, I would like this too, depending on how it's made/presented. Sadly, though, I feel that this would be too niche of an item that would not sell in the quantity necessary to justify the work put into it.

I hope your wrong. Cuz in case I wasn't clear, I WANT IT BAD