World Restructuring / Alliances

Strider Pj.2193

I wanted to post this with a question that is simple, yet I do understand the answer may not be as simple: Is this still coming?

Many don’t think it is, many still hope it is, and still others are afraid it is.

It was fist announce as a potential two years ago. And generated a lot of excitement.

Approximately 6 months later we got an ‘Update’. And again approximately 4 months after the update, we received ‘Update 2’.

As I have stated before, many of us love your game mode, warts and all. Many of us want so many things tweaked/changed. But keeping this ‘nebulous’ is only stoking the fires of apathy.

For others, here are the 4 threads started by Anet referenced above:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/26547/world-restructuring/p1

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/45856/world-restructuring-update-1/p1

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/61986/world-restructuring-update-2/p1

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/26877/world-restructuring-faq/p1

Again: ‘Is this still coming’?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@KeoLegend.5132 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:I'm sure Anet will rush into the WvW forums eager to answer your question.

I tend to disagree with you on that.

I don’t expect them to answer. That would be presumptuous on my part.

Would I like an answer? Sure.

Expect one? No.

couldn't you get the sarcasm?

Who says it is? ?

And who says I didn’t? ????

@"displayname.8315" said:If only the matchups would get a fix.. it kills off the mode so fast. We are tired of match manipulation its been going on for years.

Why is nothing being done or has not been done so far? One of the reasons is that they earn (good) money with the existing system, they do not really want to do without it. And the main part is contributed by the manipulations (every two months) of the players. ANet knows that very well.

If you would mention something like this in the present of ANet (which was already done, there was no answer), you might have to be satisfied with the answer that players decided this way, that is, players voted this way (relinking every two months).

In my opinion, the basically miserable situation could have been countered by (at least) "one small" change long ago. And that with a relinking with every reset, i.e. every Friday. Sounds simple at first, but it doesn't seem to be, because of the "calculations" running in the background or the existing system (and the program code), which would have to be changed, which is probably not worth the effort from ANet's point of view.

Unfortunately ANet is not able to find another way to reconcile this. This means satisfying its player base and earning money through a well thought out (transfer) system or other means of income. One solution may be (or at least it feels like it is): "Get as many casual players into game mode as possible and replace them for veterans". Nothing you haven't seen in the recent past.

To go on, this (all) should be remedied by the alliance system, which is still important that it appears or is integrated. Whenever.Just by the way: "Two years development time for the templates (from conception to implementation) Now think about what this means for the vaunted alliance system.

The next question is, why don't we hear anything about the Alliances system at the moment? Is ANet so busy to finish it, ... and ready for the next bigger announcement? Or is ANet still collecting data because of the current situation or the last change " removing the language barrier (EU)" to find out if and what makes sense? We do not know, not yet. And unfortunately yes, the waiting is annoying and meanwhile also unreasonable. Among other things, the legacy of the former company policy and the former CEO (for sure).

I think they discovered the secret to infinite content with zero investment. Say you'll do a thing, don't give a release date, then just never do it. It's genius. When we start to get suspicious, just say a new thing. -clears throat- "Expansion level content!" All they have to do is keep people floating around enough to sell gemstore skins after all.

Cynicism aside, it'll probably save you a lot of frustration just to play the game expecting absolutely nothing to be released for it ever again.

Anet doesn't care about this, in fact they will insure tonight that its back to business as usual. They are probably as we speak, raising the population cap on BG and DR so that all them ftp accounts can re-stack Blackgate once again. Get used to your tags being watched and your tactics being troll pulled.

@"Strider Pj.2193"I have just been playing other games and doing more IRL things. Feels a lot better than waiting around for "Alliances" IMO. I think it was still good of you to have made a post about the Alliances; to say you did so if anything. I just feel sad for everyone that is still actively waiting on a company that takes their players (WvW/PvP especially) for granted, speaking as a veteran. Still, I honestly wish you best of luck and Anet (because they did keep me for 5-6 years). I just wish I could play the game again, but I just feel like I'd be shooting myself in the foot at this point (for about the 5th time). If anyone else enjoy's, be they new or whatever... I'm happy for you all. Enjoy while you can.

I'll come back around when population balance is fixed/Alliances and check those out. That's all I'm interested in at this point. Again, best of luck...

The main problem is anyone who represents a large number of wvw players will only interact on a basis that benefits only themselves so anet can't really communicate or work with anyone on that basis. The key is if you really like the game mode and you want it to grow you'll be the people who don't try to exploit the system for personal gains. I always hear people say how things didn't work out but then the reason behind it is because they made it not work. Plus we have some pve guilds that do not understand what Alliances are meant to be for and even some trying to destabilize how things work so it'll be a long time or never but based on these upcoming balance changes I doubt alliances will ever come.

@Whiteout.1975 said:@"Strider Pj.2193"I have just been playing other games and doing more IRL things. Feels a lot better than waiting around for "Alliances" IMO. I think it was still good of you to have made a post about the Alliances; to say you did so if anything. I just feel sad for everyone that is still actively waiting on a company that takes their players (WvW/PvP especially) for granted, speaking as a veteran. Still, I honestly wish you best of luck and Anet (because they did keep me for 5-6 years). I just wish I could play the game again, but I just feel like I'd be shooting myself in the foot at this point (for about the 5th time). If anyone else enjoy's, be they new or whatever... I'm happy for you all. Enjoy while you can.

I'll come back around when population balance is fixed/Alliances and check those out. That's all I'm interested in at this point. Again, best of luck...

At this stage that is the healthy choice. I’ve played minimally over the last three months.

I also wonder about their timing of the balance patch preview. Right on the two year anniversary of The announcements about Alliances lol.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Whiteout.1975 said:@Strider Pj.2193I have just been playing other games and doing more IRL things. Feels a lot better than waiting around for "Alliances" IMO. I think it was still good of you to have made a post about the Alliances; to say you did so if anything. I just feel sad for everyone that is still actively waiting on a company that takes their players (WvW/PvP especially) for granted, speaking as a veteran. Still, I honestly wish you best of luck and Anet (because they did keep me for 5-6 years). I just wish I could play the game again, but I just feel like I'd be shooting myself in the foot at this point (for about the 5th time). If anyone else enjoy's, be they new or whatever... I'm happy for you all. Enjoy while you can.

At this stage that is the healthy choice. I’ve played minimally over the last three months.

I also wonder about their timing of the balance patch preview. Right on the two year anniversary of The announcements about Alliances lol.

That is a positive about GW2, you can take a break and the game will be available to you when you get back. And agree, fitting in other games to keep things fresh helps. The flipside to the same argument though is that the less people there are in WvW the less fun it becomes. It really is a game mode that more the better, and I say this as a roamer/havoc player.

@"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:Based on the road map from a dev I saw on another site recently (was ont of the mmo websites, memory fails past that), it doesn't seem like it's coming this year.

Edit: found it.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/97028/a-message-from-andrew-gray

Yeah.. there is a throwaway mention about WvW as a nod to their new PvE map. But in their defense, it was a PvE centric.

That being said, to many in this forum, it is too heavily PvE based with very little attention to WvW.

I mean, throw us a bone....