FYI, NVIDIA’s GeForce NOW, cloud-based game streaming service, is out of Mac beta, and is now officially released.Works nicely with my old MBP13 (2011), and have been beta-testing and playing since the start of the beta project.Two tier membership, one play for free up to a hour at a time, unlimited re-logins, and paid 6 hour limited play time plus better ray-tracing graphics.Much better to have Mac options to play GW2, rather than less for sure.

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...And I figured out why my map is so nice and fast. I have two mice plugged in, one MS USB wheel mouse (nice and fast map) and my Logitech G600 (slow map).

The issue with the map scrolling and panning speed lies in the mouse polling speed setting. I used my Logitech software to set the mouse polling speed to 125 reports per second and voila, smooth maps movements on both mice! :)

Hi, when downloading the client I get about 53% past the playable threshold and then it just stops downloading and I've been stuck on 53% for about 4 hours now. Don't get me wrong, the game works and loads perfectly fine (a little slow when visiting major cities mind, but nothing too noticeable), but I'd quite like to fully install the game incase I do run into any issues. Anyone else had this? It just runs on a loop saying like 254,117 files left to download, and my internet speed is pretty decent. Any help would be appreciated :)

• 2 weeks later...

hello

i use a 2017 macbook pro / upgraded to catalina and everything is downloaded 100% 64bit

i used to be able to run this game just fine with autodetect settings

it seems something changed somewhere down the line as the game keeps "chopping up" whenever i try to play it even at the lowest settings

how do i fix this

thanks

I'm back to Guild Wars 2 after a break since last summer, and I don't know what changed, but I've never experienced such low FPS rate until now. I play on the LOWEST possible settings (everything LOW/turned off), even lowered resolution. 10 fps is the best I can get nowadays (while playing 2v2 arena...), even though 25-40fps was average before.

Macbook Pro - Retina, late 2013. (obviously I could blame it on computer, because it's not the newest model and "Mac(book)s are not for games!", but the computer itself coudn't get that much worse in 6 months).

Edit: Few hours later, tried every possible option to increase the performance, but the game is basically unplayable. Seriously, I've no idea what game devs have done lately, but I can't do anything: explore maps, do events, play 2v2 PvP. Moreover, game started to crash very often.

So I am having this issue since 3 days ago, it kept on saying serious error messaged every time i clicked on the gw2 64bit launcher on Mac. Currently its version is at 10.15.3 for MacOS. I tried to repair it by using the terminal but it doesn't work at all, i spammed the terminal and it is the same. Is there anything else that could help me able to play it on my Macbook Pro? Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! PLEASE help me I usingMacBook Pro 16'' (16-inch, 2019)2,4 GHz 8‑ядерный процессор Intel Core i932 ГБ 2667 MHz DDR4AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 ГБ!Tell me please WHY I have just 40 FPS and some times less even! and I using lowest settings !

I had the same problem with Catalina 10.15.4. Game wouldn't start. It just bounced on the dock.

EDIT: From the terminal, forcing some cleaning seems to have fixed it.__ cd /Applications/Guild Wars 2 64-bit.app/Contents/MacOSrm CoherentUI_Hostcd ~/Library/Application\ Support/rm -rf Guild\ Wars\ 2 __

Try that and see if it works for you. Worked for me.

@Snobran.3652 said:Sometimes it's helpful to let XProtect finish it's job before randomly killing processes :DWatch task list when icons are bouncing after an update ...

Thanks for that. XProtect seems to be stuck. Killing it in Activity monitor relaunches it. But this also allows the game client to load. Is this a problem on Apple's side?

@papsu.6094 said:

@Snobran.3652 said:Sometimes it's helpful to let XProtect finish it's job before randomly killing processes :DWatch task list when icons are bouncing after an update ...

Thanks for that. XProtect seems to be stuck. Killing it in Activity monitor relaunches it. But this also allows the game client to load. Is this a problem on Apple's side?

Dunno. I also tried let it finish and game client loads either. But waiting each time 15m for XProtect seems not reasonable either.I think, Apple could care more for GW2 - but also could Arenanet care more for macOS users. When both sides don't care - gamers on macOS are rare for sure.

@"Wysardi.9302" said:It’s not Arenanets fault. The new MacOS just came out. You can’t expect them to make a fix when they don’t know a problem exists yet.

Understood. There is no beta-program for interested users and there is no company/developer contact for early testings.Good to know :pensive:

For those who want to check whether their XProtect is up-to-date: https://eclecticlight.co/lockrattler-systhist/ does check this and other components.

Recently I have also been suffering from the low FPS issue with MBP 16'' 2019.2.6 GHZ i7, 16GB RAM5300M Radeon Pro (performance equivalent to GTX 1650)I used to play GW2 in bootcamp (Windows 10) since in 2019 the Mac client didn't work at all with 16" MBP. After installing d912pxy I was playing on best appearance (everything maxed out) with 30 FPS being the absolute minimum I could get. Average was 40, in "easier" environments even 50. It was amazing, perfectly smooth and absolutely breathtaking experience on this laptop!!! I don't know what changed recently (I updated the game a week ago, been playing on my desktop since december), but now in Windows it's only playable without d912pxy and far from enjoyable. I get a max. of 30 FPS with best appearance, but I suffer from 15-20 FPS lag spikes when I turn around too quickly/mount up etc. (similar issue like in 2019, a bit milder). VSync doesn't help, makes it even worse. Using d912pxy removes these lag spikes (like in 2019) but now I only get 15-25 FPS so that's a no-go as well.Mac client works now but it's only playable with lowest settings (even though autodetect sets it mid/high).Please, make at least the windows version enjoyable again. I believe it's a GPU optimisation problem since changing the CPU-intensive settings has no effect on FPS. Now I'm stuck playing with low-end details (in windows without d912pxy or in mac), which give me 50-60 FPS and spikes of 20-30 FPS. A pity with this setup :(

@Snobran.3652 said:

@"Wysardi.9302" said:It’s not Arenanets fault. The new MacOS just came out. You can’t expect them to make a fix when they don’t know a problem exists yet.

Understood. There is no beta-program for interested users and there is no company/developer contact for early testings.Good to know :pensive:

For those who want to check whether their XProtect is up-to-date:
does check this and other components.

While you are being sarcastic about Apple Developer & Beta programs, ArenaNet should invest some time and effort in testing the game with upcoming software releases. -- https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

Thanks for the link for checking software update. I installed the command line tool.