Timekeeper glyph issues

The new glyph released on 1/21/202 obtained (currently) from the glacial logging tool apparently doesn't function properly when used in other tools. On harvesting sickles it seldom triggers as I ran around to various plant nodes including farm sites and it triggered less then 5 times after approximately 30-40 node strikes.

Ore nodes had less of an issue and seemed to appropriately proc roughly as often as a bounty glyph would (given both work on a 33% chance.).

Logging nodes however this proved more problematic, when using the glyph on the tool it came with it happened occasionally as might be expected however when used in other logging tools/skins then the glacial logging tool skin it triggered almost never. On the volatile magic logging tool however I went through more then 40 trees and had 0 triggers of this glyph.

This is a nice new glyph to the game however given it has apparent issues with properly triggering 33% of the time as described, namely on other tools then the one it released in It should be advised to not buy the Glacial logging tool unless you A: like the tool's animation or B: plan to use the glyph on this exact tool/skin too ensure a proper proc rate as the glyph describes.

At current due too these issues Glyph of the Timekeeper will be hard pressed to compete with other time saving glyphs such as industry, reaper or bounty for productive or expedient gathering

P.S. Given the time span of the animation when it does proc it should be mentioned timekeeper is useless on the molten and consortium harvesting sickles as it is comparable too there natural gathering speeds thus pointless if/when it triggers.

I would appreciate some more information on how the glyph works, as its possible to use a tool on a single node multiple times hoping to get the proc by weapon stowing. Does the node decide from the first interact if it will ever proc the instant farming or is it based on each swing of the tool? does the glyph have an internal cooldown, if so how long is it?

Wish I had seen your entry earlier, started one the other day with the same issue. I did not notice any problems with mount/dismount and I've only used on the original glacial harvester it came with, but my results are similar to those listed here. I was farming wood in various zones with several toons for making spiritwood and in around an hours sampling only came up with 6% chance or 1 proc for every 15 nodes average. This is as indicated highly disappointing as the main reason I purchased the permanent logging tool was for the glyph though I am not dissatisfied with the animation and the tool otherwise.

@Kilrik.6320 said:Wish I had seen your entry earlier, started one the other day with the same issue. I did not notice any problems with mount/dismount and I've only used on the original glacial harvester it came with, but my results are similar to those listed here. I was farming wood in various zones with several toons for making spiritwood and in around an hours sampling only came up with 6% chance or 1 proc for every 15 nodes average. This is as indicated highly disappointing as the main reason I purchased the permanent logging tool was for the glyph though I am not dissatisfied with the animation and the tool otherwise.

Sadly some have stated elsewhere that dismounting has prevented them from getting any proc chance at all. This is a promising glyph but sadly very buggy. More so because its about the only glyph to be this broken with the other being the reaper glyph but that got fixed before tooo long so hopefully anet will do the same here so that the glyph can get proper usage.

Until it is fixed though industry is the better glyph to stick with if you have it when farming normal trees and crucible when farming living world trees such as primordial orchids and petrified stumps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[update]

During one of the last patches the "timekeeper" glyph appears to have been partially fix.

Currently it appears to work relatively fine though bad spree's can still rarely occur however it doesn't appear to ever trigger when dismounting at the same time from interacting with nodes. Secondly if the glyph is placed in a mining pick the glyph animation can trigger under water however doesn't properly effect the node resulting in the normal harvest rate at least part of the time.

Advice: Dismount before interacting with nodes to insure there is a chance for the glyph to trigger and do not use it on a mining pick at least while under water.