The futur roaming challenge!

Dadnir.5038

So it will take 50% longer to kill guards, on average killing all the guards in a camp takes me maybe 10-20 seconds of actually beating on them, so I'm the future it will take 15-30, doesn't sound so bad.

On a semi-related note, please remove the invisible blind fields from the scout guards (and ideally the cabalist pull). Not really difficult just annoying, especially the invisible fields

Yeah, because 5 seconds to clear a camp is how it should be.

Clearing camps and soloing towers was easy enough back in core days and this was when guards etc were upgraded to level 82.

If you can't solo clear a camp in 30-40 seconds after the patch, well, you have bigger problems. I swear some people think you should just look at things and they die.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:Yeah, because 5 seconds to clear a camp is how it should be.

Clearing camps and soloing towers was easy enough back in core days and this was when guards etc were upgraded to level 82.

If you can't solo clear a camp in 30-40 seconds after the patch, well, you have bigger problems. I swear some people think you should just look at things and they die.

Can u blame em tho, 95% of pve is like that lol so why should they assume the guards in wvw be any different?

@Lightning Xv.8705 said:....most camp rings are half capped before the swords appear(so long as I'm not messing around). I see no issue with it. Might give defense a chance to actually spot a camp being hit and save it for once without requiring some unlucky sob standing there to guard it.

Indeed, most people however are lazy and don't care to learn. They have no concept of stacking etc to clear, for me, T1, T2, T3 all cap at the same speed, every camp has at LEAST one stacking area, use one of your templates for a camp clearing build, swap to it, stack, burst 10-15seconds max for most classes and just wait for the ring, which as you said, will often be ticking before swords even show.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:Yeah, because 5 seconds to clear a camp is how it should be.

Can u blame em tho, 95% of pve is like that lol so why should they assume the guards in wvw be any different?

True enough.

@Justine.6351 said:

@borgs.6103 said:It's all about knowing the spots where you can stack all the guards then doing your PVE rotations.

Yeah.Stack them and avoid the shield bash and the blind field. It is pretty easy unless you take it wrong then it can turn into a joke where you are cripple and blind spammed rofl.

That can be the most humiliating thing when you are killing them semi afk and you suddenly realize: ‘Oh crap, I’m gonna die...’. And you only hope it happens fast enough to WP fast out so no one sees... ?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@joneirikb.7506 said:We managed somehow in 2012-2015.

True. But guard stacks were a thing too..

?

To be honest, most of us learned to take out camps before we got the stacks trained up. And taking camps was usually the way to build up them stacks. Besides everyone today could have stuffed their gear full of infusions with +/-1 % dmg vs guard anyways, I still think we'd be stronger off now than before.

@joneirikb.7506 said:

@joneirikb.7506 said:We managed somehow in 2012-2015.

True. But guard stacks were a thing too..

?

To be honest, most of us learned to take out camps before we got the stacks trained up. And taking camps was usually the way to build up them stacks. Besides everyone today could have stuffed their gear full of infusions with +/-1 % dmg vs guard anyways, I still think we'd be stronger off now than before.

Not gonna argue that. Unfortunately, many (not you) forget both the challenges and advantages there were originally.

Exactly camps werent a problem pre hot, the ppl disliking the reduced dmg are rly starting to pulling their last hair out for arguments against it.

BUT one thing has to be considered, mount wasnt a thing pre hot, ppl will respawn and run back way quicker than in ye good ol times, so that might become a problem.

And thats my queue to advocate for HEAVY mount nerfs (id remove it, but anet surely wont, selling skins n stuff)Make it only travel buffed character speed, so classes with bad self speed buffs are a bit faster, remove dodge, reduce hp to 1,but remove the knockdown on dismount, also remove stomp.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Exactly camps werent a problem pre hot, the ppl disliking the reduced dmg are rly starting to pulling their last hair out for arguments against it.

BUT one thing has to be considered, mount wasnt a thing pre hot, ppl will respawn and run back way quicker than in ye good ol times, so that might become a problem.

And thats my queue to advocate for HEAVY mount nerfs (id remove it, but anet surely wont, selling skins n stuff)Make it only travel buffed character speed, so classes with bad self speed buffs are a bit faster, remove dodge, reduce hp to 1,but remove the knockdown on dismount, also remove stomp.

For sure, and mount speed is already an issue on ABL, less so DBL. Which, like you said, is why mounts should be nerfed. I would like full removal, however, I, just like you, don't believe that will happen at this point. If it's reduced to perm swiftness only, I would be very happy, but I am not sure we will even get that.

@Dadnir.5038 said:How fun do you think it will be to try to solo camps with your damage nerfed by 33% and your sustain/CC resistance gutted?(They didn't say mobs were nerfed as well after all)

They won't be nerfing camps, like they should before warclaw release, and they will not nerf overall hp too, so imagine the fun times you will have spamming between 3 players basics to a downed player until you can finally finish them off, this devs don't care about this game anymore, they don't even think what they implement.