Saga Suggestions

Bast.7253

Mostly just related to Bjora Marches.

With all of the complaints to masteries, is anything going to be done to make them a little more viable? It feels kind of bad running around trying to collect 30 essences from mobs, and if you come late to the meta or get downed fighting, it's hard to gain all of the essences you need for the special action key.

Perhaps it works this way already and I'm just missing them, but can the harder mobs drop more essences? Or just have one essence at the end that accumulates all of them? Say, an elite mob drops an essence worth 5 stacks?Also, the stacks seem to fall off really fast, and the buff doesn't last nearly as long as it should.

Secondly, is the Drakkar meta once per account per day? I did it on my Firebrand earlier and just did it on my ele? Most of the loot from these meta events is so dismally low that I really don't see the point in limiting the chance at getting chests from them. I rather enjoy the meta, but it feels pretty bad doing it and knowing I won't continue to have the same chance at certain items. I imagine even with the updated Boreal weapons being added the drop rate will still be so low it won't matter. This kind of applies to all world bosses though. Like Teq who I've only ever gotten spoons from. The Death Branded Shatterer with the infusion lottery.

It's like you're trying to discourage people from playing what they want to play or working towards these rng rewards, and perhaps somewhere down the line it was designed to increase the longevity of the content, but the drop rates are so bad on the majority that all it does is make people give up and not bother. Especially when you make it once per account per day?

Anyway, I'm sure it's all been said before, and here we are anyway. Just tossing it out into the wind.

@Randulf.7614 said:They are improving Drakkars loot

They’re adding other stuff to the loot table, but that doesn’t mean you’ll have any higher chance of getting any of it.

And as to the essences, they’re not extremely necessary obviously, but I still feel like they could be a little less tedious to acquire. The special action key felt like the signature feature of the mastery, and necessary or not it feels like a lot of work getting to the point that you have access to it. It just doesn’t feel as good as something like the poison mastery or nuhoch wallows. I hope moving forward they find masteries that feel a little better or more engaging.

Mount masteries and Pact Commander will always feel perfect in the entire game. HoT masteries feel good now that they are adding their uses into all new content going forward. Bjora chest masteries can't ever feel good because they're just keys that are just like the HoT champion masteries. How often do you go back to do those? They really need to make masteries meaningful somehow, since at this point it seems like they're being used as an artificial level that represent player effectiveness.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@Randulf.7614 said:They are improving Drakkars loot

They’re adding other stuff to the loot table, but that doesn’t mean you’ll have any higher chance of getting any of it.

Yeah. I pretty much consider the chances of getting that newly added loot now to be the same as it will be when they actually add it. =b