Mirage getting chronomanced: a modest proposal

Terrorhuz.4695

LONG STORY SHORTMirage in PvP allows some toxic gameplay with staff and infinity horizon.The incoming balance patch has a proposed solution to this madness: mirage will be able to dodge only once instead of twice.Devs are doing the exact same thing they did to chrono: removing the spec. Which will just piss people off. Clearly devs don't want to get rid of Infinity Horizon, and I understand it because honestly IH is a pretty cool concept.

TO SOLVE THE AMBUSH SPAM JUST PLACE A COST ON AMBUSHES.A dodge takes 50 endurance. Activating an ambush costs 10 more endurance -or 5 or whatever, you tweak the numbers.RandomMirageGuy want to spam ambushes with 3 clones up? Very fine. But he spends 50 endurance for the dodge, 10 to activate his ambush and 30 more to activate the ambush for his clones; if he has no endurance to sustain it, he\some\all of his clones won't ambush. Since clone ambushes are weaker one could theorically have them with a different cost too -the mesmer ambush could cost 10 endurance, the clone ambush would cost 5... I'm throwing numbers, it's just an idea.I know devs aren't really happy about having endurance costs for performing actions, but I'm not a fan of having the class removed either. With the upcoming changes chrono is still dead and rotting, core mesmer won't be able to oneshot anymore -but will still lack the sustain to do anything else-, with mirage nuked too the possible choices will grow quite thin.

What do you guys think? Could this work?

No sorry, the reason I play this profession is that it doesn't have such gimmicks. Illusion generation and multi-decision based on that is quite enough to make it interesting and enjoyable without feeling like I'm playing a combo game like on a thief or rev. Leave that for other specs and playstyles, please.I only have to worry about a tiny corner of the screen and see 1-3 dots popping up to decide what my next action should be, depending on the spec. I enjoy the apparent simplicity of that.

The ambushes already have cooldowns that make it so that they can't really be spammed, nor they may be that useful in certain situations, and the way they are trying to force us towards mirror-play and 1 dodge for certain modes is not a good direction to go towards either, in my opinion.

what does this solve? even if -50 endurance wasnt a thing mirage would be bad anywaysdo you even understand how ambushes deal damage? staff deals 1,8k damage. if you by the grace of the gods land 4 of then, thats 6-7k condi damage.in reality, you will land 1 on average, 2 when you are getting pressured ( thats BIG maybe ) so thats 2-3k dmg. every dodge.scepter, entire scepter ambush damage comes from bleed trait.( 5s bleed on clone crit ) since clones autoaim ( cant be sidestepped ) and attack 5 times, for total of 15 hits, you get on average 8 crits for 8 stacks of bleed. Thats REALIABLE 5-6k dmg ( if everything lands + long bleed ).

BUT sharper immages got nerfed by 96%.clones will now have 5% crit chance, and duration was reducet too. Now out of all 15 hits, 1 will crit. IF you land everything you MIGHT get 1 bleed for 2s.TONS OF DAMAGE 2s bleed.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:what does this solve? even if -50 endurance wasnt a thing mirage would be bad anywaysdo you even understand how ambushes deal damage? staff deals 1,8k damage. if you by the grace of the gods land 4 of then, thats 6-7k condi damage.in reality, you will land 1 on average, 2 when you are getting pressured ( thats BIG maybe ) so thats 2-3k dmg. every dodge.scepter, entire scepter ambush damage comes from bleed trait.( 5s bleed on clone crit ) since clones autoaim ( cant be sidestepped ) and attack 5 times, for total of 15 hits, you get on average 8 crits for 8 stacks of bleed. Thats REALIABLE 5-6k dmg ( if everything lands + long bleed ).

BUT sharper immages got nerfed by 96%.clones will now have 5% crit chance, and duration was reducet too. Now out of all 15 hits, 1 will crit. IF you land everything you MIGHT get 1 bleed for 2s.TONS OF DAMAGE 2s bleed.

Yep pretty much the majority of damage on scepter mirage after all the other nerfs ends up being bleeding. Not confusion or torrment, bleeding. Without the bleeding damage it would be a wet noodle.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:what does this solve? even if -50 endurance wasnt a thing mirage would be bad anywaysdo you even understand how ambushes deal damage? staff deals 1,8k damage. if you by the grace of the gods land 4 of then, thats 6-7k condi damage.in reality, you will land 1 on average, 2 when you are getting pressured ( thats BIG maybe ) so thats 2-3k dmg. every dodge.scepter, entire scepter ambush damage comes from bleed trait.( 5s bleed on clone crit ) since clones autoaim ( cant be sidestepped ) and attack 5 times, for total of 15 hits, you get on average 8 crits for 8 stacks of bleed. Thats REALIABLE 5-6k dmg ( if everything lands + long bleed ).

Will have to go illusions and.equip torch

Just posting to say that I love the term "chronomanced". In GW1 such ridiculous nerfs that made something unplayable were called smiter's booned. In gw2 it makes a lot of sense to be called chronomanced, either that or elusive minded.

Regarding the thread in itself, since I don't think mirage needed a new trade-off, movement on dodge is already a trade-off, I don't agree.Furthermore I don't think ANerf will give up on the idea, they're stubborn especially when they're wrong, let them have the game they want, they will play among themselves when everyone leaves (are there even mesmers still playing the game?).

@"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:Just posting to say that I love the term "chronomanced". In GW1 such ridiculous nerfs that made something unplayable were called smiter's booned. In gw2 it makes a lot of sense to be called chronomanced, either that or elusive minded.

Regarding the thread in itself, since I don't think mirage needed a new trade-off, movement on dodge is already a trade-off, I don't agree.Furthermore I don't think ANerf will give up on the idea, they're stubborn especially when they're wrong, let them have the game they want, they will play among themselves when everyone leaves (are there even mesmers still playing the game?).

I do pvp when im lagging and dont want to troll with lags in other games, to streamsnipe ajaxx or to warm up before playing actually skilled games xd

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:Just posting to say that I love the term "chronomanced". In GW1 such ridiculous nerfs that made something unplayable were called smiter's booned. In gw2 it makes a lot of sense to be called chronomanced, either that or elusive minded.

I do pvp when im lagging and dont want to troll with lags in other games, to streamsnipe ajaxx or to warm up before playing actually skilled games xd

Tbh this game was never skill based.

I know several mesmers on game and they all left, heck both my friendlist and blocklist (this one was huge) were all offline last I checked (LS patch day).