Is the balance patch preview the PvP one and not the WvW one?

Anput.4620

I see many skills, like for example Dolyak stance, which say increased CD from 40 to 60s, but in WvW the CD is 30s, same with We Heal As One which is 15s in WvW but lists from 20s to 25s.

Any reason the specific WvW increases aren't shown? Will Dolyak Stance be 60s or 50s now? Will we use the stupid PvP balance or stick to seperate WvW balance?

This comment goes for any of your recent threads, I put it here rather than the mobility one but that applies to what I am about to say as well.

I can feel your fears, they are not without merit, but you have to keep in mind that the patch they are putting out now isn't a balance patch in the sense that we are used to. It is perhaps even a misnomer to call it a balance patch and it would have spared the developers some backlash to have called it something else.

The upcomming balance patch is first and foremost a patch to help the developers (or more specifically the game designers) to do future balance changes. It is not primarily a patch for us. It is primarily a patch for them. It is a patch to make future balancing easier, to help them do better balance going forward.

With that said, we can certainly question why they needed to poke at some mobility skills while leaving other (more controversial) skills and abilities untouched. We can question why they decided to poke at some mobility skills at all when the system overhaul primarily targets damage mechanics. However, maybe they are trying some things out while they are working on streamlining abilities and what they take from some abilities now they may give back in other ways later or take from similar abilities on other classes later when they do balance.

Short and sweet: This isn't a balance patch even if the title says so, it is a systems overhaul patch. In hindsight, it should probably have been called that.

@Tinnel.4369 said:

Soothing Ice: Increased cooldown from 30 seconds to 60 seconds
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhathis skill was bad with 20 cooldown (wvw) and now 60...

Everything is coming down. If bad now doesn't also come down it near instantly stands to become amazing due to its cooldown or power relative to everything that came down.

yey yes i know :)all good... was only amazed that such a skill is such a big deal.