Would you like to remove Mounts from WvW? - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Would you like to remove Mounts from WvW?

13>

Comments

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No, I Like the New Gameplay

WvW is far more fun for me since the Warclaw was added.

I still think the Warclaw should be a core game mount though and available to all players not just those with Path of Fire.
    This would solve some problems in WvW and in PvE as well and greatly diminish the feeling of Pay to Win that some people feel when they are unable to keep up with mounted players in both gamemodes.

There should be some punishment to being dismounted in WvW, perhaps a short CD on a players utility skills and they loose 10-15% of their health when dismounted or they dismount into a thick stack of vun giving the player who dismounted them a chance to get some big damage in before they can recover.
    I get why some feel it's a bit broken atm
    Dismount someone only to end up in a 1v1 situation where they have full health and full access to all their skills while your hard hitter skills are all on CD having been wasted on the Warclaw.

• Menyus.4610Menyus.4610 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, Remove Mounts

This is a thread from march, stop insulting the people who voted yes, only constructive talking here

• Tigaseye.2047Tigaseye.2047 Member ✭✭
    edited February 6, 2020
    Yes, Remove Mounts

I know this thread is from last year, but I'm bumping it because I think mounts in WvW are a really bad idea, unless they are super-easy to get.

This is because you now need them just to keep up with the zerg (if you can call it that, these days).

Haven't played at all for a couple of years and haven't played regularly for about 3.

Last time I played there were gliders, in WvW, but not mounts.

Really didn't like the Raptors in PVE, when they were introduced (they made me feel seasick), so didn't feel like jumping through the hoops required to get any of the other quirky mounts.

I then left the game (partly because of these mounts!) and came back to (not surprisingly) find mounts were now required in WvW, too.

Looked at the way to get them and it didn't look too bad, until it turned out the info on how to get them seems to be incomplete in the achieves description and is mixed up, with other mount-related achieves, on the Wiki page.

I don't even want the mount - I don't even like most of the mount designs, in general.

I'm only saying all this, because I doubt I am alone.

I just came back to take some screenshots, for another forum, thought I would quickly do some WvW (even though I have at least half forgotten everything!) and basically found I couldn't really do it, without a mount that I don't want and that is too complicated to get, for something you don't really want.

Don't get me wrong, I like mounts in other games - I just don't like the way they are done here, the way you are expected to get them, the lack of proper, clear instructions on how to get them and the fact that they have become more-or-less required in virtually every part of the game.

If this hadn't happened, I might have hung around, played a bit more and (inevitably!) spent some money here.

As it is, I probably won't.

• Yes, Remove Mounts

It's not the mount thats the issue, it's gatekeeping it behind an achievement that is.

They need to just give it to everyone who joins WvW, full stop.

• lodjur.1284lodjur.1284 Member ✭✭✭

I believe mounts should be kept.

1. More fighting, less running
    2. Improves the smallscale experience for the slower classes
    3. Less effort to travel places
    4. Potential to actually monetize WvW players so we can get at least a tiny bit of focus

Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@lodjur.1284 said:

Since the nerfs this has been a little better

1. Improves the smallscale experience for the slower classes

And destroys more mobile classes leverage.

1. Less effort to travel places

Cause swiftness is hard

1. Potential to actually monetize WvW players so we can get at least a tiny bit of focus

So you are saying that every single mount skin sold that is for Warclaw should be attributed to WvW?

Thank You for the {MEME}

• lodjur.1284lodjur.1284 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 6, 2020

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@lodjur.1284 said:

Since the nerfs this has been a little better

What nerfs are we talking about?

1. Improves the smallscale experience for the slower classes

And destroys more mobile classes leverage.

Nah only removes it outside of combat, making the slower classes more boring to play doesn't make them much worse...

Also mobility is already by far the strongest thing in smallscale, by a ridiculous degree, it doesn't need anymore help.

1. Less effort to travel places

Cause swiftness is hard

For some classes, yes. Also being able to just autorun places and not have to spam skills is a massive QoL improvement.

1. Potential to actually monetize WvW players so we can get at least a tiny bit of focus

So you are saying that every single mount skin sold that is for Warclaw should be attributed to WvW?

I mean personally I've never equipped it in PvE except by missclicking, cause it's much slower than other mounts.

That WvW is the main driving factor for skins for an exclusively WvW focused mount doesn't seem very far fetched.

Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.