Are your rings fully infused?

ArchonWing.9480

@Justine.6351 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:its time I did this seeing as how the new patch will bring tons of agony.

Will they get the pun ? ;-)

does this mean we're frands?

Just because I don't agree with you often doesn't mean I don't like you. Good people are still good people.

So that’s a no? ??

As long as I've played this game since as early as you could before launch, my whole time has been almost entirely half assed while watching tv at the same time so I don't know half of the things I've gotten done. I'm also bad in that I don't know what a lot of my own skills are called but I know the icon and what they do for me. I know I got as much mastery as I could some place and put an extra slot of something on both my rings. That was all I could do without having to spend a bunch of time in modes I don't like. So in short, I'm not sure which option to chose on that poll.

@kash.9213 said:As long as I've played this game since as early as you could before launch, my whole time has been almost entirely half assed while watching tv at the same time so I don't know half of the things I've gotten done. I'm also bad in that I don't know what a lot of my own skills are called but I know the icon and what they do for me. I know I got as much mastery as I could some place and put an extra slot of something on both my rings. That was all I could do without having to spend a bunch of time in modes I don't like. So in short, I'm not sure which option to chose on that poll.

You sound like a pve'er

@Notsoperky.4291 said:

@kash.9213 said:As long as I've played this game since as early as you could before launch, my whole time has been almost entirely half assed while watching tv at the same time so I don't know half of the things I've gotten done. I'm also bad in that I don't know what a lot of my own skills are called but I know the icon and what they do for me. I know I got as much mastery as I could some place and put an extra slot of something on both my rings. That was all I could do without having to spend a bunch of time in modes I don't like. So in short, I'm not sure which option to chose on that poll.

You sound like a pve'er

I'm a casual player but I don't have what it takes to hang with the pve stuff. I don't even know the difference infused and attuned off hand.

I love min/maxing - fully decked out in gear whenever possible. If I'm out of laurels I'll spend the tickets on WvW stat infusions - primarily bloodstone/mist trinkets as they allow for selectable stats whenever you want.

For anyone that plays both PvP/WvW wanting asc trinks I recommend spending the PvP version for mist trinks (same with the Mist Capacitor PvP ONLY as its cheaper to reslect stats this way as opposed to spending memories of battle). Another reason was a while ago they mentioned WvW tickets probably having more uses later (skin/weapon set etc) on so may as well save them...

ah well, so i have infused rings, but i don't understand - how is attuning an infused ring expensive? it costs the same as adding the 2nd slot, which is kinda nothing - unless i misinterpreted something here. i only use the WvW-infusions tho, since they are cheap and the others from the fractals... well, require doing fractals. i did bunch of those, but i'm really not into that. they are just repetitive farming runs :sleeping:

edit: i'm kinda maximizing fetishist, so my main aims were always getting ascended gear + as many infusion slots as possible, but i found the wikis always pretty confusing in terms of "upgrading stuff".

also, the upgrading costs are weird. some mats you gets flooded with, others are rare; i feel WvW is overall a good material farm though.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:ah well, so i have infused rings, but i don't understand - how is attuning an infused ring expensive?

Attuning isn't expensive. It's the cheaper option to add an infusion slot to a ring with only 1 slot. It is infusing that has always been more expensive, but that's not so much an issue anymore since one can buy infused rings with 2 slots now in WvW.

welp thanks to you guys i finally have attuned and infused rings, i got enough skrimish claim tickets anways, and i'm about 1300 wxp-levels away from getting any other use to spend them.

@ substance Ei have enemy models on "standard models" so i don't get distracted by the glowing stuff. all u see is the red/blue etc from that one infusion thingy that way; only downpart is that u never know if u fought someone before, but on the other hand provides better fps and less lag most of the time.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:welp thanks to you guys i finally have attuned and infused rings, i got enough skrimish claim tickets anways, and i'm about 1300 wxp-levels away from getting any other use to spend them.

Very cool. It helps enough that it’s basically a full time food buff. Could it be a difference in a fight? Maybe.

Skill will do more, but it’s a nice buff to help. And maybe it gives you more time each fight to learn from each fight.

as one of the newer players, i built up a warrior, rev, firebrand, scrapper (and their two other elite specs for roaming) for and with mostly WvW, and i kinda have to say there there is a dmg difference... my newest is the rev and has still not full gear on, but between the lv40 trinkets that the rev did wear from leveling (chars older, just not used it) and a switchover to zerker + ascended trinkets yet, there surely is a difference.

i really like that ascended gear isn't soulbound, but then again i switch chars too frequent and therefore run most time still a "underequipped" char... it would be easier if all trinkets and gear you own would be available to dis-equip / re-equip all the time in the "equipment"-tab, but guess that would make it a bit too easy for players (that don't have each ascended piece ten times)? :pensive: