How does one become a Revenant?

TheLadyOfTheRings.9148

This really doesn't have much to do with Revenants I guess but I found it interesting when I was looking up Jotun the other day.

"The jotun do not have a traditional religion. Instead of gods or worship, they take their legends of the past almost to a religious level and look up to their ancestors, calling upon their aid and attempting to emulate them through their actions. There are also cases of jotun preferring to revere themselves. Similarly, the jotun hold a high reverence for their ancestral homelands and, as such, are territorial when other races pass through their land."

You die;You go to the mists;You learn some nice tricks from legendary beings like Ventari or Jalis;You somehow return to the life (idk, through the rift, anomaly or maybe you just born again) with your new fancy superpowers.Rytlock came back through the rift created by that weird prisoner known later as big flame boi. Maybe other revenants had a chance to return through similiar things. We can find revenants in Dragonfall — but they're ghosts, they came from the mists.btw. Herald is always a revenant, but revenant is not always a herald. Elite spec is just higher or another level of your profession.

My head canon is similar to some of the above. As living characters we can visit the mists with our physical body. Like Rytlock, some of us go there and get trapped. Rytlock broke the seal and created a rift. Those of us strong enough to break back to this world are forever changed. So, a Rev might have been a Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, etc. but when they get back to this panel of existence they are a Rev.

For lore I actually deleted an under used alt and remade him as a Rev.