Boneskinner strike damage[fixed]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:You’re right, the Boneskinner in the strike mission is still acting up and is now doing the extra damage via a new bug. (Boneskinner’s haunted.)

We’re sorry about that, but we’ve identified a fix that should take care of it for good and we’ll have it implemented in time for the next rotation.

What about the Special Action key not aligning at all with the boneskinner CC phase?

@"Jong.5937" said:Well that's 2, maybe 3, hours ..what? how?? why so long ??we come, do fist try, .. wiped .. do second. Same result. That all. Raid(strike) over.

now I read message "a fix that should take care of it for good and we’ll have it implemented in time for the next rotation."ok, I will try again on next. May be.

What's quite impressive is, according to GW2 Efficiency, more people have completed the Kodan achievements than have defeated Boneskinner and that Strike Mission hasn't even been in rotation yet xD!Ttf1HZJ.jpg

(.....yes I know there was a brief time at release when the strike missions were rotating frequently but still!...)

@stormseeker.5361 said:It's a good job none of those achievements were tied to the story meta achievement, based on those unlock %'s

Guess what, of my 7 accounts, only 1 has the achievement :oYou have to take gw2efficiency percentages with a grain of salt. Lots of altaccounts (after all, especially for those its really comfy... not having to log in to check something) and inactive ones.

@Jong.5937 said:

@stormseeker.5361 said:It's a good job none of those achievements were tied to the story meta achievement, based on those unlock %'s

Actually they all are part of the meta achievement, but luckily you don't need to do all to get 37 and the emote :).

I believe that was sarcasm from stormseeker's side.

Love that they require you to do strikes for the story meta now. I wish they would require you to do WvW, Fractals, PvP and Raids for the story meta too. (hint: this is sarcasm)

@Dazaraki.7891 said:Actually had fun clearing on bugged mode, since it actually requires some IQ from players. Guess your converting it to brain dead golem again. Thank you I won't be playing again and I'm sure I won't be missed.

It is not as if we don't hear this on a daily basis or anything. XD

Back on topic, sort of, the Boneskinner actually reminds me of the legends of the skinwalkers/wendigos/Colorado Phantasma. I wanna play strike mission, just to say I killed a irl boss. XD

@darksome.1697 said:

Actually they all are part of the meta achievement, but luckily you don't need to do all to get 37 and the emote :).

Love that they require you to do strikes for the story meta now. I wish they would require you to do WvW, Fractals, PvP and Raids for the story meta too. (hint: this is sarcasm)

Well I'm still not sure it was sarcasm but, even if it was, it's still relevant that you do not actually need to do any of those achievements to get the meta achievement :).

@Jong.5937 said:

Well I'm still not sure it was sarcasm but, even if it was, it's still relevant that you do not actually need to do any of those achievements to get the meta achievement :).

You do. Strikes are required for the meta. i do believe one has to wait for the bosses to rotate out before they can try for the next achievements, so until then these ones are the ones available.

@Dante.1763 said:

@"stormseeker.5361" said:It's a good job none of those achievements were tied to the story meta achievement, based on those unlock %'s

You do. Strikes are required for the meta. i do believe one has to wait for the bosses to rotate out before they can try for the next achievements, so until then these ones are the ones available.

You don't sorry. You only need 37 and there are more than that available. I already have the meta achievement without any of the bugged or not yet available strike misssions, as do quite a few others. ("Flickering Light" you can do solo if you want, even in it's bugged state and there are 38 currently available even without that)

uZPk0Jj.jpg

Just killed it with 10 Full Viper Scourges running Parasitic Contagion; Epi and Grasp. Got all the achievements done in one go. No real pressure as long as people did their DPS and didn't require rezzing all the time. Could even facetank most of the attacks (except small hand AOEs that you can just casually sidestep). Took 1,5h with a pug group until we found the right people. Was nice having to come up with a decent strategy

@Jong.5937 said:

@"stormseeker.5361" said:It's a good job none of those achievements were tied to the story meta achievement, based on those unlock %'s

You don't sorry. You only need 37 and there are more than that available. I already have the meta achievement without any of the bugged or not yet available strike misssions, as do quite a few others. ("Flickering Light" you can do solo if you want, even in it's bugged state and there are 38 currently available even without that)

uZPk0Jj.jpg

Im looking at my achievement tab -right now- in game, and i have 27 out of 37 complete(including 3 strike achievements already), i have 8 achievements left that are obtainable through story or on the map itself(the hidden ones for the most part dont count and i have all those) which brings me up to 35 out of 37, and the rest that actually count for the Meta are all strike missions, i need to do at least two strike mission achievements(minus the ones i already have done.)

Please, tell me how one doesnt need strike missions for the meta, when they clearly are required.

https://imgur.com/a/gJpmavU

And yes, im aware that the bosses have thankfully rotated now.

Still very doable, though.

Strat explained here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/f1b58a/boneskinner_no_unlit_torches_strat/

And Anet, new bug (not damage one): His blue breakbar to stop him from breaking a torch desync IF we miss any breakbar. This is because the stunned animation doesnt works correctly after he broke the torch I believe. However if stopped before he break the torch, then it's consistent and we can complete the fight by breaking every single bar.
Make tests where you fail to break first torch breakbar and you'll not see a bluebar for when he breaks the 2nd/3rd/4th torch, etc.

@Dante.1763 said:

@Jong.5937 said:> > > @Dante.1763 said:

uZPk0Jj.jpg

Im looking at my achievement tab -right now- in game, and i have 27 out of 37 complete(including 3 strike achievements already), i have 8 achievements left that are obtainable through story or on the map itself(the hidden ones for the most part dont count and i have all those) which brings me up to 35 out of 37, and the rest that actually count for the Meta are all strike missions, i need to do at least two strike mission achievements(minus the ones i already have done.)

Please, tell me how one doesnt need strike missions for the meta, when they clearly are required.

And yes, im aware that the bosses have thankfully rotated now.

As you say, it's a bit old news now! But, I assumed people really looking for the achievement could get/would have got the Whisper of Jormag achievements and at least the 2 "easy" Fraenir achievements as those strikes were not bugged. With those and all the others available (i.e. not Sanctifier or any Kodan or Boneskinner achievements) you would be done.

As it happens, I missed out on "Whisper Boxing", but got "Flickering Light" instead which, as I said, could easily be done, even solo, in the bugged state as you just needed to take part in some failed attempts at Boneskinner, lighting a few torches in each.

This is what I have, now with Kodan Dodger 38/37. If I had got "Whisper Boxing" (just couldn't be bothered to retry it after getting the meta) I wouldn't have needed "Flickering Light".

sRiArdL.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

After doing the Boneskinner fight 4 times yesterday (with 3 successes), my conclusion is "It's doable, but only if your strategy is to completely ignore the mechanics and basically forget about getting Silver+". I think there IS still a bug in that you seem to be taking more damage from the floor the further you are away from the middle; for instance, during our "ignore all torches, just stack close on Boneskinner, rotate clockwise" strategy, when everybody is just bunching up around Boneskinner, I noticed that the damage we're taking was easily outhealed by our healers. However, in the one attempt that failed, when everybody was trying to do torches, I'd notice that the people on the edges relighting torches would frequently get downed by huge damage packets in excess of 5-8k (and no, it wasn't Boneskinner's long range cascading slams). So yeah, something does still seem to be broken, although I don't have the hard data to look at to figure out what's really going on.

Regardless, if the one reliable strategy for beating this encounter is basically for players to just ignore the mechanics altogether, something is seriously wrong. I'm not saying that the encounter should be made even HARDER to force players to interact with torches (because I suspect all they'll do is just bring even MORE healers); rather, the floor damage should be reduced so torch lighters (probably 1 or 2) do need to be careful about not getting downed by slams/Wisps, but the floor damage is something their self-heal should be able to manage, and Boneskinner should get a damage reduction buff based on how many torches are unlit so if players want to kill him fast enough to get Silver/Gold, they need to do the torches.

Also, to add to what someone said earlier, yeah, Boneskinner's breakbar does not seem to be synced very well to his charge+destroy torch attack. A lot of times we failed to break his bar and nothing happened. I'd extend his breakbar duration by maybe another 2-3 seconds, and have him use it at 75/50/25% health. (Make it so that each unlit/destroyed torch increases Boneskinner's DR by 15%, so if all 6 torches are out or destroyed, Boneskinner has a 90% damage reduction.)