new story chapter meta achievement only for raiders?

@Tman.6349 said:

@Tman.6349 said:I think it would make the most sense to completely remove the word 'achievement' in any future releases. Perhaps even the concept altogether. We could just click on a box full of all the typical loot you'd expect received after completing the story and the everyone bent on open world only content, due to w/e social anxieties and pressures, could simple run around and repeat all the events. It seems that is what this thread is advocating for. Maybe a couple more lines of flavor text could be added to the events or a tracker for how many times you've repeated them. They could even add an instanced 'celestial challenge' style event for those that really wanna switch it up. Geez, what's left of these devs can't push their talents, creativity, or boundaries without a player base that will go along with them. Must be super frustrating to want to do epic things and then read threads like this...

Yeah, because the way they arranged the achievement this time is SUPER EPIC.

Not epic, per se, but it is actually aranged in such a way to actually be some sort of an ACHIEVEMENT as opposed to the standard checklist of tedium. Imagine that...

It's the worst of both worlds, a total and complete failure. It mixes challenging content with boring grind, both of which have large groups of players that don't like them. It seems designed to appeal to as few people as possible.

Well, at least on the bright side (for you), it's still 95%+ mindless grind so the vast majority is still catered to you. :) This is to the dissatisfaction of those that you admit don't care for such things, obviously. We can all have the same fair complaint, even if you do still get the lion's share of the enjoyment out of it.

Maybe in the future, they can implement, two versions of the meta achievements. One that is 15-20 hours of boring grind and then another that is just 2-3 simple strike mission achievements. Then we could all be happy.?

Get off your high horse please. Just because I think this meta-achievement has been designed terribly, you're making baseless and insulting assumptions about me. I've never mentioned my preference at all.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Benethan.3657 said:I just realized strike missions are needed to get enough achievements towards the Shadow in the Ice meta achievement, and specially since the last 2 missions have scaled in difficulty, I see very difficult to get them without being a raider due to the raid proofs expected to join a successful group, I'd just like to know if this is a trend to keep in future chapters, thank you.

Um, so the fact that I only did last strike mission once with a group of pugs from LFG and actually killed Jormag makes me lucky or a hardcore raider? I can tell you I'm not a hardcore raider (I just started raiding almost 2 months ago) and I refuse to think this has anything to do with luck. Oh, sorry, you expected to auto attack for the next 5 minutes and get him killed.

Now did you get the 2 hard achieves? I mean that's what this is about.

All of the achievements can be obtained through normal play by beating the bosses while properly doing the mechanics. With a few exceptions, the majority of these rely on the individual players personal skill to obtain.

Players who don't want to do strikes being forced into them to complete meta.

I’m sure that there’s other content some players were forced to do that they didn’t want to in order to complete the meta achievement. Neither you, nor they, disliking any particular piece of content means that it shouldn’t be a part of that.

I just got the boneskinner torch solo. Took a bit of time. I got all 3 from fraenir but getting certain ones are hard. Eventually getting a kill in a pug group will happen. Do it everyday with pugs and update me if it's always a one shot. ty

Prior to the recent release, I was doing strikes daily. With the exception of boneskinner, they were pretty much always a one shot.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Benethan.3657 said:I just realized strike missions are needed to get enough achievements towards the Shadow in the Ice meta achievement, and specially since the last 2 missions have scaled in difficulty, I see very difficult to get them without being a raider due to the raid proofs expected to join a successful group, I'd just like to know if this is a trend to keep in future chapters, thank you.

Um, so the fact that I only did last strike mission once with a group of pugs from LFG and actually killed Jormag makes me lucky or a hardcore raider? I can tell you I'm not a hardcore raider (I just started raiding almost 2 months ago) and I refuse to think this has anything to do with luck. Oh, sorry, you expected to auto attack for the next 5 minutes and get him killed.

Of course killing with a true pug group is luck. You can join and get wiped 10 times or never win w/o people leaving relisting lfg asking for heals etc. That's the whole point of pugs. You never know what your gonna get. Now did you get the 2 hard achieves? I mean that's what this is about. Players who don't want to do strikes being forced into them to complete meta. I just got the boneskinner torch solo. Took a bit of time. I got all 3 from fraenir but getting certain ones are hard. Eventually getting a kill in a pug group will happen. Do it everyday with pugs and update me if it's always a one shot. ty

I wasn't trying to upset anyone or be disrespectful. All I was saying is that you don't have to be a raider. Unless I was the only one in my pug group that wasn't a raider and everyone else was a hardcore raider. And I don't think it has anything to do with luck, but more with how everyone knows and plays his profession. Killing in this game isn't luck related, but skill related. I didn't hear about anyone killing a boss by throwing tons of luck at him, but by actually using skills, ingame skills. Same thing happened with raid bosses - joined a pug group in LFG and got 7 raid bosses down, one after the other. Was that luck too? So ANet should probably award me as the luckiest SOB in this game! ANet, I expect to receive my prize, tyvm! And next time go throw sticks at Teq! Who knows?! Maybe you get LUCKY and actually kill him!

@Cynder.2509 said:

@Cynder.2509 said:People say that you don't need LI or KP to join. Well, I've seen only groups in lfg asking for those and I've even seen groups in LFG that want LI and KP for the new Drakkar world boss. Like what do you need KP and LI for just a world boss for? So it's right what OP says because so far I've only seen stuff in lfg that has requirements een for world bosses.

You on eu or na?Cant say I seen it in eu.

I'm on EU and just recently this night/morning (some time around 2 am and 4 am I think) I've seen at least 2 or 3 adds for Drakkar requiring 250 LI. As for Strike missions (if the LFG tab isn't empty) people ask for raid stuff. You rarely find any relaxed runs. I thought the intention of strikes was to get more people into raids (or get people who took a break to return to them) but as I see literally every lfg add for them requiring raid kill proofs I doubt this content will get anywhere.

And whenever I make my own group stating that it's a relaxed run and everyone is welcome still people join who obviously stress and act toxic towards eachother. You can tell from the AP and the gear if someone is obviously toxic or not, so that's how I know.

Join a guild and make friends

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

All of the achievements can be obtained through normal play by beating the bosses while properly doing the mechanics. With a few exceptions, the majority of these rely on the individual players personal skill to obtain.

I’m sure that there’s other content some players were forced to do that they didn’t want to in order to complete the meta achievement. Neither you, nor they, disliking any particular piece of content means that it shouldn’t be a part of that.

I just got the boneskinner torch solo. Took a bit of time. I got all 3 from fraenir but getting certain ones are hard. Eventually getting a kill in a pug group will happen. Do it everyday with pugs and update me if it's always a one shot. ty

Prior to the recent release, I was doing strikes daily. With the exception of boneskinner, they were pretty much always a one shot.

Ayri. You are a raider and probably do these daily with your friends so acting like you are everyone else over and over and not letting torches go out or some of these strikes achieves aren't too hard for an average player who doesn't do raids is beyond annoying. You are a raiders/SM white knight arguing with anyone who dares say these are too hard or they don't want to do them but have too because of the meta. The rotation is the problem because they can't get it done now i guess. Like I said I got most but Boneskinner bugged and jormag yeah that's the worst kitten shoot pug hope of all time nvm getting the 2 other achieves from it.

Yes I raid but I did the strikes daily with pugs. Whenever I did the boneskinner strike with pugs, the outheal strat was always used over doing torches.

Strikes, such as Kodan and Fraenir, are not as difficult as you’re making them out to be and are very much doable and completed regularly, when available, by those that do not raid.

If you looked at these achievements, you’d see that they’re not asking much. Is not getting downed or killed during a strike really that difficult? Is avoiding certain attacks really that difficult?

@Cynder.2509 said: And having your character cluttered with full legendary equipment and infusions from a raid (the gostly one) or extremely expensive ones is in my opinion showing off and obnoxious towards others. It makes others feel bad about themselves and think they're lesser than someone else. As an example I feel constqantly pushed to show off my stuff as well in order to not being misjudged by others.

Thats a pretty insulting reach imo. Some of my characters have full legendary gear and an infusion. i use them not because i want to show off, but because they are the skins i worked hardest for so value most myself. Alot of my other characters are plain. Calling someone toxic just for using skins they have earned is abit ridiculous. I personally find people who paint their entire character bright glowing white and use a glowing white mount far more obnoxious, but if they like that aesthetic its their choice.

I can assure you the last thing anyone cares about is how your character looks. They are certainly not judging you and if you feel inferior its probably just in your head.

Judge the toxic kitten by their actions and words, not by assumptions.

Oh no..here it comes the community again will refuse any form of gating of content that not a time gate whatsoever.My god people would rather die then be forced to work in a group...

I said this crap 2 years ago when people were furious at the fact raiding was in the game in general and instead of opting out of said content they crusaded for months maybe even years to remove them. If its not a blob where u can just follow the tag and be done with it has to go.

Anet this is a personal request i feel there a ton of ppl coming back due just due to time your game is 7 years old and games often get go through this yoyo, ive personally brought 5 of my friends from ff14 here after the terrible Shadowbringers Homogenization of the classes. We are a fan of strike missions and your raids and HoTs we love the fact we can solo gold mobs solo if your good enough 2 of us were around since HoT launch and we were big fans of the original HoT. Do not reverse course like you did in HoTs.

We are all in our late 20s with full time jobs and we appreciate this content THANK YOU.

Your pvp choices are questionable tho.

@Cynder.2509 said:

@Cynder.2509 said:People say that you don't need LI or KP to join. Well, I've seen only groups in lfg asking for those and I've even seen groups in LFG that want LI and KP for the new Drakkar world boss. Like what do you need KP and LI for just a world boss for? So it's right what OP says because so far I've only seen stuff in lfg that has requirements een for world bosses.

Just join and ask if you really need to ping, since most of those are either going for gold (not needed except for pride) or they are just making fun of the kp "system" and are just trolling.

/edit: Also, please, stop trying to split the community. Strikes are for everyone. Raids are for everyone. Story is for everyone. If YOU refuse to do certain content doesnt mean that its exclusive to "labelX players". It is YOUR decision to ignore parts of the game.

The thing is you can't ignore this content because it's required for the meta achievement (which is also an emote, content that should be accessable for everyone) as this was the point of the discussion. The only thing I refuse is being stressed by other people who only value themselves through virtual accomplishments.If you want to argue this is not the right place. Anyways, I'm too old nor I have the time and mental energy to argue with someone over the internet.

Just do /m then say anyone wanna do a chill strike mission.Done.There are other people in the game you know.

More i'd like to say but nothing good so ill leave it their.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

Ayri. You are a raider and probably do these daily with your friends so acting like you are everyone else over and over and not letting torches go out or some of these strikes achieves aren't too hard for an average player who doesn't do raids is beyond annoying. You are a raiders/SM white knight arguing with anyone who dares say these are too hard or they don't want to do them but have too because of the meta. The rotation is the problem because they can't get it done now i guess. Like I said I got most but Boneskinner bugged and jormag yeah that's the worst kitten shoot pug hope of all time nvm getting the 2 other achieves from it.

Yes I raid but I did the strikes daily with pugs. Whenever I did the boneskinner strike with pugs, the outheal strat was always used over doing torches.

Strikes, such as Kodan and Fraenir, are not as difficult as you’re making them out to be and are very much doable and completed regularly, when available, by those that do not raid.

If you looked at these achievements, you’d see that they’re not asking much. Is not getting downed or killed during a strike really that difficult? Is avoiding certain attacks really that difficult?Yeah i'm talking about the basic easy bs not get downed ones and totally talking about the duo/fraenir. No the players complaining are stuck at jormag/boneskinner because there arn't enough to get meta atm with rotation/ 20 kills one bugged and once duo unlocks we will all be done so I can get their frustration.

One of the boneskinner ones can be done solo. The not getting downed is reliant on your group’s healing and blocking projectiles as well as the individual player’s ability to not stand in red AoE’s. The one to keep all torches depends but should be doable so long as you can keep the wisps off them until 50%.

For the whisper one, the one to kill your doppelgänger within 10 seconds is very doable and almost any player should survive long enough to get to the first instance of that. The one for breaking the bar all depends on having enough players use their special action and the fight lasting long enough to do that five times. The orb one requires the boss to be killed but you technically don’t need to be alive for that so long as you didn’t trigger any orbs.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

If you looked at these achievements, you’d see that they’re not asking much. Is not getting downed or killed during a strike really that difficult? Is avoiding certain attacks really that difficult?Yeah i'm talking about the basic easy bs not get downed ones and totally talking about the duo/fraenir. No the players complaining are stuck at jormag/boneskinner because there arn't enough to get meta atm with rotation/ 20 kills one bugged and once duo unlocks we will all be done so I can get their frustration.

One of the boneskinner ones can be done solo. The not getting downed is reliant on your group’s healing and blocking projectiles as well as the individual player’s ability to not stand in red AoE’s. The one to keep all torches depends but should be doable so long as you can keep the wisps off them until 50%.

For the whisper one, the one to kill your doppelgänger within 10 seconds is very doable and almost any player should survive long enough to get to the first instance of that. The one for breaking the bar all depends on having enough players use their special action and the fight lasting long enough to do that five times. The orb one requires the boss to be killed but you technically don’t need to be alive for that so long as you didn’t trigger any orbs.

i got torch solo. I got kill dopple. I got 3 fraenir. Not many pugs are having a whole lot of success with the others in it's current state. Like I said you seem to think your exp is everyones and will argue till the cows come home how absolutely noone should have any issue at all ever. I really don't get why but you are everywhere any time any one says a sm achieve is hard. Pugging is also not 5 of your raid group w 5 others when you have heal/support covered it's 10 randos and I may not be good but there sure are some players who have no interest in learning or swapping to a decent build joining these pug groups which doesn't help. They just trying to get the stupid meta done which we are trained to do for a dumb emote and are upset. I'll just wait for duo.

Your experience isn’t everyone’s either. See how that works?

I pug solo. This means that I’m by myself and join a group in the LFG. Based on the guild tags, they’re pretty much all random players.

None of the strikes require players to play meta builds. This is fairly evident when you see a lot of players playing a DPS class and doing like 6K DPS.

The difficulty, as well as what’s required for strikes, is being greatly exaggerated by those who probably haven’t even done enough strikes to have formed an informed opinion; they may not have even touched strikes at all.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

i got torch solo. I got kill dopple. I got 3 fraenir. Not many pugs are having a whole lot of success with the others in it's current state. Like I said you seem to think your exp is everyones and will argue till the cows come home how absolutely noone should have any issue at all ever. I really don't get why but you are everywhere any time any one says a sm achieve is hard. Pugging is also not 5 of your raid group w 5 others when you have heal/support covered it's 10 randos and I may not be good but there sure are some players who have no interest in learning or swapping to a decent build joining these pug groups which doesn't help. They just trying to get the stupid meta done which we are trained to do for a dumb emote and are upset. I'll just wait for duo.

Your experience isn’t everyone’s either. See how that works?

I pug solo. This means that I’m by myself and join a group in the LFG. Based on the guild tags, they’re pretty much all random players.

None of the strikes require players to play meta builds. This is fairly evident when you see a lot of players playing a DPS class and doing like 6K DPS.

The difficulty, as well as what’s required for strikes, is being greatly exaggerated by those who probably haven’t even done enough strikes to have formed an informed opinion; they may not have even touched strikes at all.

True. But I'm not arguing with every single person who says otherwise like you. I just chose you after seeing your 100 posts vs anyone having difficulty. Any one who does raids will have zero issue with strikes. Like a dude who never did fractals buying 150 ar and joining a t3/t4 group gonna struggle. Anyone who hasn't done strikes till this point and now entered jormag/boneskinner to get meta done is who is complaining. I'm not even really upset I just can see their perspective but you refuse to.

One person being able to do raids isn’t going to be that effective with a group of randoms. Strikes are completed by random players fairly frequently.

I’m treating all of the strike achievements as a whole and not just what’s available one week or the next. They could probably have gotten two or all three boneskinner achievements had it not been bugged... again.

ArenaNet said strikes are meant to be a ramp to raid content. Which means their intended purpose is to improve the average skill of the playerbase. Putting them front and center in LW achievements is how they will do this. They don't want them to be ignored.

You have to rise to the occasion to acquire achievements for this episode. That actually sounds fine. They're achievements. Get out of your comfort zone and enjoy improving your personal skill.

It's really sad to me that the game is in such a state that players are demanding a moderate challenge be lowered to their level rather than putting in the effort to improve at the game. If you want limited engagement and for everything to bow before you, there are other genres like visual novels and walking simulators that can do that for you.

@"Tulki.1458" said:ArenaNet said strikes are meant to be a ramp to raid content. Which means their intended purpose is to improve the average skill of the playerbase. Putting them front and center in LW achievements is how they will do this. They don't want them to be ignored.

You have to rise to the occasion to acquire achievements for this episode. That actually sounds fine. They're achievements. Get out of your comfort zone and enjoy improving your personal skill.

It's really sad to me that the game is in such a state that players are demanding a moderate challenge be lowered to their level rather than putting in the effort to improve at the game. If you want limited engagement and for everything to bow before you, there are other genres like visual novels and walking simulators that can do that for you.

I mean, you could also do the same, instead of trying to get "high-engagement" modes in this game, why not try out other games that already have that mode? I don't like telling people to play other games, but it seems you're a good candidate, since you're doing the same.

The effort thing is funny, some people play a game to enjoy themselves, but don't find enjoyment in lobby based content. After all I'm playing a MMORPG, there's nothing massive about lobbies of 5 or 10 players. (Edit: https://massivelyop.com/2020/02/06/vague-patch-notes-if-people-arent-raiding-in-an-mmo-its-not-because-its-too-hard/)

Maybe this is just the wrong type of game for you, as you seem to enjoy lobby based gameplay. May I suggest something like Warframe or Destiny 2? Maybe some Monster Hunter World?

Telling others to "enjoy improving their personal skill", what a joke, to tell someone what he should or shouldn't enjoy.

Or we could just have the majority ignore Strike Missions. That would be fun in the long run. They didn't add something like LFR like WoW did, to make the "casuals" enjoy raiding content, so I'm not sure Anet will deem further developement of those modes worthwhile, if it plays out how I think it will.

Pitching in to voice my experience.I've been trying to down the Strike mission boss for days now.I am not having luck with pug groups at all.We've had some really friendly people join my Squad and we worked towards progressing, we got the boss to like 10% and we all wiped. Then we tried again and again and just no luck.For...days. DAYS.I managed to get the achievement where you break the defiance bar and that's about it. I can't down a boss with the pug group at all. It just doesn't work, unless you want to put on the elitist attitude and start kicking people and writing threatening messages in your LFG recruit. I don't think that GW should be about the elitist behavior, primarily as Strike Missions are there FOR PUBLIC and not just squads/raids.Why not separate it though? Scale Public differently from those who want HARDER content? Make PUBLIC Strike Mission easier compared to one with a Squad?I have no time, will or energy to commit to raiding or to waste my time and nerves trying to down this boss with a pug group.Or a simple solution would be NOT TO PUT STRIKE MISSION achievement requirement for meta achievement.

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:People complained that raids are too difficult, so anet took a knee and made easy mode raids called strikes. And still people are complaining about their accessibility.That's because they started to make strikes more like raids. It's obvious, then, that the same complains would crop up in such a situation. With the added caveat of raid achievements never being part of the LS meta.

The reason why they require you to do them for the meta is well to funnel people into doing them.They tried that before with legendary armor. We know the end result of that - they did find out that people do not want to be funneled into a content they strongly dislike. And it turns out that raids were a type of content that the majority of GW2 players did not, in the end, find appealing.I don't really see why they think in this case it will be somehow different.

@"stormseeker.5361" said:2dyQ8ZR.png

Not all gw2 players are on gw2efficiency but, it tends to be used by the more serious achievement hunters and traders etc in the game. Seems a bit overtuned when less than a quarter of 1% have unlocked the meta achievement. Strike missions really deserve their own category as training raids.

1. Lots of alt accounts on gw2efficiency, for example of my 7 alt accounts, 3 finished the story, 1 got the strikemission achievements - cause why play strikemissions on altaccounts, loot really isnt worth it even logging into them xD
  2. Lots of inactive accounts, as you could have easily spotted by the fact that only 12% even finished last story step.
  3. Boneskinner strikemission is bugged
  4. Kodan mission was only there for an hour or so on release, got patched really fast
  5. People are busy farming other achievements first, as you can see by the achievement "Flickering Light" which can be absolutely easily done solo, before tackling the strikemission ones.
  6. People dont really know what to do for the achievements yet, for example the jumping shockwaves one last week was quite simple because less than 5 attacks counted as shockwaves, and those you could easily block, so not even any jumping shenanigans needed. Still only a handful of players have that. Im calling that the "dulfy-has-left-effect". No one posted a "how-to" on reddit yet, and the big majority of so-called "achievement hunters" are only capable of following a detailed guide.
  7. Take a look at former story releases, the completion rate in general is quite a bit lower than it was for season3 for example.

@Raknar.4735 said:

@"Tulki.1458" said:ArenaNet said strikes are meant to be a ramp to raid content. Which means their intended purpose is to improve the average skill of the playerbase. Putting them front and center in LW achievements is how they will do this. They don't want them to be ignored.

I mean, you could also do the same, instead of trying to get "high-engagement" modes in this game, why not try out other games that already have that mode? I don't like telling people to play other games, but it seems you're a good candidate, since you're doing the same.

Eh what? So because Anet offers content we enjoy, but you dont, we should go play another game so anet stops making content we enjoy but you dont? Theres absolutely no logic in your statement.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Shadowmoon.7986" said:People complained that raids are too difficult, so anet took a knee and made easy mode raids called strikes. And still people are complaining about their accessibility.That's because they started to make strikes more like raids. It's obvious, then, that the same complains would crop up in such a situation. With the added caveat of raid achievements never being part of the LS meta.

The reason why they require you to do them for the meta is well to funnel people into doing them.They tried that before with legendary armor. We know the end result of that - they did find out that people do not want to be funneled into a content they strongly dislike. And it turns out that raids were a type of content that the majority of GW2 players did not, in the end, find appealing.I don't really see why they think in this case it will be somehow different.

1. Raids suffered at the start from a quite badly balanced gamemode, no dpsmeter and barely any knowledge about boons, buffs and builds in general. That forced players into playing only a handful of "acceptable" builds that were proven to work. Btw, that hasnt been the case since around W2, but its still in the heads of even veteran raiders to always adhere to "the meta", though absolutely not necessary outside of recordruns or speedclearing. Only arcdps and streamers like teapot are slowly ... very slowly ... doing away with that silly prejudice. To this day Im still seeing raidcommanders that say they prefer having 2 buffdruids over 1 healer+1buffdruid for example.
  2. The raid population significantly dropped between W4 and W6 release, partly due to the huge disappointment that was legendary armor (really, you cant dye it black -.- ) and also because W5 was quite a lot more difficult - especially in the beginning - than any raidwing before. Many got frustrated, especially considering they were hyped about getting a new wing, they then couldnt even hope to get past the first boss anytime soon. They didnt leave because they were finished getting legendary armor. PvP legendary backpiece would have been the better analogy here.
  3. No easymode, no hardmode in raids, meaning one-size-fits-all, which... surprisingly... doesnt work out so well. Neither for beginners, nor for veterans. Strikemissions are different, you have easymode (grothmar), normalmode (fraenir, kodan), hardmode (boneskinner, whisper). All while still having quite relaxed timers, so that getting the kill on "hardmode" strikemissions still is pretty easy, as long as you put in some effort (aka some organization and preparation). Raids were doomed from the beginning because of this, only those that really committed to raids, got down and put in the time to learn mechanics & skillrotations, were ever successful in raids. Raid rewards - including legendary armor - never were enough incentive for this. After all, you could get the same amount of gold farming silverwasts RIBA and who needs ascended armor anyway in openworld pve. Raids still are quite the commitment.
  4. Quite a lot of veteran raiders have given up on gw2 or only come back for a new raidwing release. Because the release cadence of new raids is way too long to satisfy anyone thats really into raiding. So the problem of raid population shrinking isnt that people only raided for legendary armor, but rather that after the first three wings were put out quite fast, the release cadence went to 1 raid per year. Not enough to sustain raiders. Its like 1 living story episode per year and nothing else. Wouldnt keep you in the game either, now would it?
  5. Just because the vocal minority of raid-haters is present on the forums, doesnt mean that raids are dead. Im pugging raids every week, and I rarely see the same people. Not so in PvP, where - when I was still actively playing ranked - Id get queued with and against the same roughly 30 people.

@Yasi.9065 said:

snip

I saw the 12%, I've also not completed the story because at the moment I don't have the time to do so with work crunch, so i'm not sure how indictative that actually is of how active gw2 efficiency is... However i've done a few of the map achievements when I get the time. With the stress from work, I don't feel particularly enthused to engage strike missions, but they will become harder to complete later due to those people who already finished acheivements ignoring them due to poor rewards. This is the main issue with living world content, you feel the need to complete this content asap, in order to not stress as much later down the line.

If these are designed to ease players into raids, then they should be in that category, not story. I never said they should remove strikes, or the challenges, or the achievements. Just move them so people can play the story ones casually, and people who want to get the additional AP can do so without it blocking something as simple as a story journal meta achievement.

I also see no reason why you would have an issue with moving the achievements into their own category, as nothing you do or like would be affected, yet more casual/busy players would be able to complete the meta with more ease and less stress leading to a happier playerbase and less of these kinds of threads on the forum.

@stormseeker.5361 said:I saw the 12%, I've also not completed the story because at the moment I don't have the time to do so with work crunch, so i'm not sure how indictative that actually is of how active gw2 efficiency is... However i've done a few of the map achievements when I get the time. With the stress from work, I don't feel particularly enthused to engage strike missions, but they will become harder to complete later due to those people who already finished acheivements ignoring them due to poor rewards. This is the main issue with living world content, you feel the need to complete this content asap, in order to not stress as much later down the line.

Its up to Anet to keep Strikemissions attractive for players to not just jump in a few times for one-time achievements. However, Im pretty sure, if you are in a guild that does things together (not just a guild to get access to guildfunctions), you will always find people to do strikemissions with.

@stormseeker.5361 said:If these are designed to ease players into raids, then they should be in that category, not story. I never said they should remove strikes, or the challenges, or the achievements. Just move them so people can play the story ones casually, and people who want to get the additional AP can do so without it blocking something as simple as a story journal meta achievement.

They tried that with raids. Now granted, as my list above shows, raids had other problems as well. But not integrating them into expansion/living story achievements didnt help either. GW2 has no geargrind. That means, the incentive to try new content has to be something else. In this case Anet decided to fully integrate them into the living story episode release. Mind you, the meta achievement never was "just a story achievement". It always was about the whole living story episode. Beetle races, discovery, worldbosses... all part of past meta achievements, but not really part of the story per se.

@stormseeker.5361 said:I also see no reason why you would have an issue with moving the achievements into their own category, as nothing you do or like would be affected, yet more casual/busy players would be able to complete the meta with more ease and less stress leading to a happier playerbase and less of these kinds of threads on the forum.

I do. Because then people wouldnt even TRY strikemissions. No matter if they would actually like them or not. Just the thought of "ohhhh, instanced pve content" scares people in GW2. Anet found the perfect middle ground tbh. Easy strikemission achievements necessary for the meta-achievement. Those achievements are nothing to be scared about. Anyone can do them. Quite honestly, theres more difficult story achievements (whisper boxing for example, if you solo it) or openworld achievements than the ones in strikemissions.

People arent even TRYING them. Instead they instantly run to the forums and complain. If people had at least tried, they would have discovered that the Flickering Light achievement can be solo'ed, that avoiding the shockwaves is easily done when staying ranged / having blocks. That staying alive during a strikemission like the Fraenir one is quite easy when staying stacked.

The fact that those achievements are so low just shows how important it is for Anet to add them to the meta achievement. If they were somewhere in their own subcategory, the majority of players wouldnt do them. Never would even try strikemissions, because of some perceived notion and prejudice about them.

No. This is perfect. And tbh, you still can just not do it. Nobody forces you to get that shiver emote. Its not even a very big one. Its not an infusion or something rare. Its just an emote you might use maybe 10 times in your gw2 playtime.

I think you'll find putting pressure on players to do content they aren't comfortable with, won't improve the chances of them doing it. Accessibility is a big part of game design, you'd be surprised at how many people don't want to do grouped instanced content for other reasons than percieved prejudice or lazyness, be it physical blocks, age, social blocks or discomfort. The fact alot of people manage to play an MMO with them at all is impressive.

My point is a meta achievement for a story should have enough options to avoid that. The last set had a "complete the three strike missions" and no one was forced to do them in order to complete the meta.So far i've completed every story journal achievement going back to the start of S2 up til this episode, including having done all the strike missions, and never felt properly forced into something until now (except bitterfrost frontier where you had to complete all the achievements to get the meta, which was also bad design). Don't get me wrong, strike missions are a good idea in theory, especially when properly balanced as a route to raids, but never force players to do it, games are supposed to be fun for all and no one should be pressured into something just to populate that content.

In my work i've had to change designs for solo play boss fights that would make 0 differences to the average player, but someone with colour blindness or reduced mobility couldn't do, and you tend to forget that what you can do easily without issue, is actually a real problem for some people. Content like this needs to be separated and given its own category, people will do it if the rewards are worthwhile (ie AP rewards, gold , skins... whatever, but those need tweaking too). These definitely aren't perfect, it's super rare to ever find something in game design that is.

@Yasi.9065 said:

Eh what? So because Anet offers content we enjoy, but you dont, we should go play another game so anet stops making content we enjoy but you dont? Theres absolutely no logic in your statement.

Anet offers a lot of content I enjoy. Not sure where you're coming from here, I guess you didn't even try to understand what I wrote. It was specifically intended for the previous poster, as he wanted other people to play a different game.As it stands Anet offers more open world than instanced lobby content, so my suggestion was to use his own proposition of changing the game for one that is more suited to his likes.

About Anets creation of content: It doesn't matter what you or I enjoy, the only thing that matters is content that is being played. That's the reason Anet are trying to use SMs to save raids. I don't think it will go their intended way. People aren't doing Raids because they just don't like that type of content, and that's not only a GW2 thing : https://massivelyop.com/2020/02/04/the-daily-grind-do-you-avoid-mmorpg-raiding-and-why/Forcing players into playing some type of content will not have the desired effect Anet wants. It will just make them ignore the content or leave.