Core Necro Post Patch Will Have Broken Sustain - Told You

Trevor Boyer.6524

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can we also mention that core necro has 0 source of stability unless using an Elite ?

Core necro going to be Good not "busted" and might become Meta again depending on How Condi Rev, Thief, Holo, Ranger ends up working out. I can't imagine playing necro with 0 Stability as a stun break but we'll see how it plays out. Patch hasn't even came out yet any everyone crying about certain specs going to be "busted".

Imo theirs a fair amount of Spec that might actually shine and actually put work in conquest again, For Example Core Ranger, Scrapper, Power Core Mesmer, Core Necro and maybe even Condi Rev.

We should just chill out and see how things play out AFTER the patch.

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@Jobe.8290 said:Bunker Core Necro is going to be unkillable :)

I already see 1 guy that plays menders + wells core necro and he is already labeled a bot due to the fact that he will undoubtedly push far at start of match and just sit on node. I’m surprised this isn’t meta already

Because if your team actually focuses him properly he will still die. if one person goes to kill him in a 1v1 it might take a while sure but in a 1 v any number of people it should still die like immediately. Thats why its not meta.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

• Negative 33% damage game wideThis has a impact on everyone not just necro this is not relevant to the title
  • Hard CCs going to 0 damage outputThis has a impact on everyone not just necro this is not relevant to the title
  • Quickness access/uptime being massively reduced, leading into far less DPS potential upon even the above nerfsThis has a impact on everyone not just necro this is not relevant to the title
  • Healing game wide -33%This has a impact on everyone not just necro this is not relevant to the title
  • Core Necro Shroud mechanics untouchedPets largely remained largely untouched (any pet dps nerfs can be equal to things like shatter dps nerfs and shroud skills that were nerfed mechanically pets didnt change though.)Stealth was untouchedRevs Energy gain/loss is untouchedClones / Phantoms at base are untouchedTool belt functionality is untouchedAdrenaline is untouched

Do you see the pattern here?If they touch shroud expect pets and everything above to be touched too for the record.

If you thought Core Necro was tanky now, put your seatbelt on and prepare yourselves for nearly invulnerable Fear Decapping Core Necro Bunkers.

Many people dont think necro is tanky especially when its focused first but i would rather be tanky if that keeps me viable over depending purely boon corruption which is what the current meta is and its disgusting. I would say get use to necros being ping pong balls but also not being inherently free kills cause you looked at them or one touched them.

We can remain squishy if you are ok with giving necromancers, blocks, evades, and a invuln that prevents one or both types of incoming damage completely to both their hp an their shroud bar oh also we will need stability again too.

Either make damage soaking for necro near equivalent to damage avoidance which is how necromancer is designed (necro does not have this options for damage blocking or damage avoidance) or give necro the same tools as every other profession. Pick one!

• Free as everyone else but has damage block/ evasion like everyone else.
  • Soaks everything and can take more hits than everyone else but cant avoid the damage.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:It saddens me that no ones even talking about being threatened by warriors post patch, not even jokes about it :(Godd damnn no damage on cc changes lol.If they weren't designed so much around hard cc ud all be scared, so very scared lol

ITs because they lost their broken might gain without the might splattering they lose a bit of everything, damage and healing.I think warriors will still be plenty scary especially spellbreakers imo. Without the might gain warriors would have been seen as closer to balanced and now that thats ideally being fixed there is no reason to really call out warriors.

Warriors now dont get everything in one build that does well against the majority. IF you want more damage you dont get good sustain anymore. IF you want more sustain you dont get to keep leathal levels of damage which is how it should be.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:It saddens me that no ones even talking about being threatened by warriors post patch, not even jokes about it :(Godd damnn no damage on cc changes lol.If they weren't designed so much around hard cc ud all be scared, so very scared lol

ITs because they lost their broken might gain without the might splattering they lose a bit of everything, damage and healing.I think warriors will still be plenty scary especially spellbreakers imo. Without the might gain warriors would have been seen as closer to balanced and now that thats ideally being fixed there is no reason to really call out warriors.

Warriors now dont get everything in one build that does well against the majority. IF you want more damage you dont get good sustain anymore. IF you want more sustain you dont get to keep leathal levels of damage which is how it should be.

Thank you for the positive words regarding warrior post patch lol

Core necro shroud functionality was nerfed. They put a cast time and 660ms reaction on Doom. That's 100% a functionality nerf.

Life Blast and Life Transfer got the blanket coefficient nerfs, however I wouldn't be against Tainted Shackles and Dark Path receiving the same treatment as every other skill, then I think everything would be fine.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

I already see 1 guy that plays menders + wells core necro and he is already labeled a bot due to the fact that he will undoubtedly push far at start of match and just sit on node. I’m surprised this isn’t meta already

Because if your team actually focuses him properly he will still die. if one person goes to kill him in a 1v1 it might take a while sure but in a 1 v any number of people it should still die like immediately. Thats why its not meta.

• Negative 33% damage game wideThis has a impact on everyone not just necro this is not relevant to the title
  • Hard CCs going to 0 damage outputThis has a impact on everyone not just necro this is not relevant to the title
  • Quickness access/uptime being massively reduced, leading into far less DPS potential upon even the above nerfsThis has a impact on everyone not just necro this is not relevant to the title
  • Healing game wide -33%This has a impact on everyone not just necro this is not relevant to the title
  • Core Necro Shroud mechanics untouched
    Pets largely remained largely untouched (any pet dps nerfs can be equal to things like shatter dps nerfs and shroud skills that were nerfed mechanically pets didnt change though.)Stealth was untouchedRevs Energy gain/loss is untouchedClones / Phantoms at base are untouchedTool belt functionality is untouchedAdrenaline is untouched

Do you see the pattern here?If they touch shroud expect pets and everything above to be touched too for the record.

If you thought Core Necro was tanky now, put your seatbelt on and prepare yourselves for nearly invulnerable Fear Decapping Core Necro Bunkers.

Many people dont think necro is tanky especially when its focused first but i would rather be tanky if that keeps me viable over depending purely boon corruption which is what the current meta is and its disgusting. I would say get use to necros being ping pong balls but also not being inherently free kills cause you looked at them or one touched them.

We can remain squishy if you are ok with giving necromancers, blocks, evades, and a invuln that prevents one or both types of incoming damage completely to both their hp an their shroud bar oh also we will need stability again too.

Either make damage soaking for necro near equivalent to damage avoidance which is how necromancer is designed (necro does not have this options for damage blocking or damage avoidance) or give necro the same tools as every other profession. Pick one!
  • Soaks everything and can take more hits than everyone else but cant avoid the damage.

You clearly missed the point. Just remember how busted menders Druid was with 1 pet running around, now multiply that by 5 that’s how busted side node necro is

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"ZDragon.3046" you dont get it.people lost their sustain be it evading or healing. and damage.necro didnt lose its sustain ( shroud )

So should we consider stealth a part of thief sustain? If so it was also not touched yet correct?What about Revs energy the stuff they use for both their offensive and defensive skills?

-minor edit-Do we count Doom nerf and stability losses that were/are tied to shroud as sustain nerfs or no?

There was probably reason shroud has not changed (other than damage nerfs across all the skills) could it be that necro was not over-tuned in those categories to start with?Since when has anyone taken an issue with necromancer healing skills outside of well of blood revival speed (which is being nerfed btw)Necromancer didnt have evades to lose so you cant really make points there it lacked already what everyone else had.Necromancer also lost damage with everyone else so this is not a factor you can use against them either.

Shroud sustain was never on par with pure damage evasion and or blocking either if it was it would have been nerfed and eve now it still might be in some aspectThe difference between soaking a 8k or 10k hit and just avoiding it is night and day and necro lacked the power to avoid damage with any other skill other than its base dodges. And it still will lack the power to do that even more so than before.

So as i said pick oneLet necros be ping pong balls but able to take more hits than other professions normally would before death (its going to feel odd for sure) because they dont have additional options to avoid damageOrGive them the proper tools to avoid/deny the damage and stability access like all other professions and cut their shroud down to just being a damage tool.

Im fine with either option, but we cannot be a between both where shroud does not effectively work on par with damage soaking vs damage avoidance while also not giving them damage avoidance tools.

The gap between a profession that depends on not evading everything and one that does need to evade should not be as big as it is now. Damage soaking right now is highly unviable for the dps that each profession has in its kit let alone multiple ones targeting you at the same time. Thats why even now you still have people even this post considering necro's as "food" Because you can look at them and cough to effectively shut them down if you really know what you are doing.

Im looking forward to builds that dont need to depend on running mass boon corruption splattering to be viable actually. I never liked that most of necro's viability at the moment is depedent upon mass boon corruption.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:^ Title

• Negative 33% damage game wide
  • Hard CCs going to 0 damage output
  • Quickness access/uptime being massively reduced, leading into far less DPS potential upon even the above nerfs
  • Healing game wide -33%

If this is not addressed before the patch drops, we'll see QQ in the forums on this topic, like an avalanche coming down a mountain.

They also have no stability ??????You can literally do whatever you want to them in shroud. They cant even surprise [Doom] you to get you off them.

If anything the game-wide nerf with necro shroud being untouched was the buff it needed to fill its archetype.

@Dantheman.3589 said:

Pets largely remained largely untouched (any pet dps nerfs can be equal to things like shatter dps nerfs and shroud skills that were nerfed mechanically pets didnt change though.)Stealth was untouchedRevs Energy gain/loss is untouchedClones / Phantoms at base are untouchedTool belt functionality is untouchedAdrenaline is untouched

You clearly missed the point. Just remember how busted menders Druid was with 1 pet running around, now multiply that by 5 that’s how busted side node necro is

You clearly missed how minions are not as effective as pets though? Have you tried using aoe to kill the pets? Have you tried focusing the necormancer with a friend or as your team should?You do realize that unlike druid necromancer does not have a button that will stealth them upon exiting a certain mode giving time for disengage or repositioning. At best the might have wurm hidden some place which removes that minion count from 5 down to 4 depending on where they placed it.

Like i said there is a reason this is not meta yet because it can be shut down easily if a necro does this on your home point your team should be able to force it out or kill it with proper focusing as you would any necro. Unlike menders druid it lacks blocks, evades, and stealth.If this happens on the mid point same thingIf this happens on far and you own home and mid why are you going to far to fight a mender bunker in a 1v1 where you dont have the tools or dps to winThats not making the most of your role especially if you own 2/3 points (this is an example of course)

Now if the necromancer has a firebrand or something support them then you cant only fault the necro in those instances. If the necormancer has some one peeling for them you cant only fault the necromancer in those instances

@"Chaith.8256" said:Core necro shroud functionality was nerfed. They put a cast time and 660ms reaction on Doom. That's 100% a functionality nerf.

Life Blast and Life Transfer got the blanket coefficient nerfs, however I wouldn't be against Tainted Shackles and Dark Path receiving the same treatment as every other skill, then I think everything would be fine.

I mean the LF total pool in conjunction with how much LF they can generate in very short durations of time. That stuff is directly tied to the idea of "sustain factor" just as much as healing stat is.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

You clearly missed how minions are not as effective as pets though? Have you tried using aoe to kill the pets? Have you tried focusing the necormancer with a friend or as your team should?You do realize that unlike druid necromancer does not have a button that will stealth them upon exiting a certain mode giving time for disengage or repositioning. At best the might have wurm hidden some place which removes that minion count from 5 down to 4 depending on where they placed it.

Like i said there is a reason this is not meta yet because it can be shut down easily if a necro does this on your home point your team should be able to force it out or kill it with proper focusing as you would any necro. Unlike menders druid it lacks blocks, evades, and stealth.If this happens on the mid point same thingIf this happens on far and you own home and mid why are you going to far to fight a mender bunker in a 1v1 where you dont have the tools or dps to winThats not making the most of your role especially if you own 2/3 points (this is an example of course)

Now if the necromancer has a firebrand or something support them then you cant only fault the necro in those instances. If the necormancer has some one peeling for them you cant only fault the necromancer in those instances

You obviously didn’t read Trevor guide. Just kite if your sitting on node ur gonna get 1 shot

@Chaith.8256 said:Core necro shroud functionality was nerfed. They put a cast time and 660ms reaction on Doom. That's 100% a functionality nerf.

more like a functionality change than a nerffear duration is doubled, it will be as toxic as before

@Dantheman.3589 said:

You obviously didn’t read Trevor guide. Just kite if your sitting on node ur gonna get 1 shot

lmao so whats the problem with necro sustain again if you can just one shot it on a node with minions around it?

@ZDragon.3046 said:

lmao so whats the problem with necro sustain again if you can just one shot it on a node with minions around it?It’s just u didn’t seem to understand from the start you even claim it would be really good 1v1 but not at holding node 1vx. Ur not really supposed to hold node 1vx, necro also has some of the best skills in the game for kiting. If it’s possible for a bunker necro to dominate 1v1s it might end up really strong and if they cannot kite away with spectral walk and a new health bar that might just be a l2p issue. Again who knows what’ll be meta but with patch notes necro is clearly making a come back and it’s just kind of silly to say o wait a necro shouldn’t be able to 1vx on a node, when I don’t think there are any classes rn that can anyways...U get it yet?