Portals tab in the Hero Panel

Terter.4125

@Vinceman.4572 said:Not going to happen because it would release bag space. Something that is part of the monetization concept for the game.

You could say the same about many previous changes. Everything from when they made the wallet and converted things like badges of honour and dungeon tokens to currencies instead of items in your inventory, to when they made karma account wide so you didn't need to save potions for alts, added material storage space for items which previously had to go in the bank, right through to making equipment tabs so you can store more than 1 set of equipment (yes you have to buy those if you want more than 2, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who freed up most of a bag by putting it into the free tab).

I'm sure it's something they consider, but I think it's obvious they're not going to refuse to make a change just because it would free up bag space.

And the other consideration is more players might buy more portal scrolls if they didn't need to store them in their inventory and therefore didn't need to deal with the hassle of passing them between characters or taking up a shared inventory slot. That's part of the reason I don't buy any of the other lounge passes, I'd have to either stop using my Lily of the Elon pass to free up it's shared invetory slot or take something else out to make room for another pass...or I could just stick with the one I've got and go without quick access to the other services.

Sure, it's always possible but I hold my opinion that at this stage of the game and the monetization methods in the past months it's not going to happen any time soon.Edit: A superb idea would be to offer that integration as an additional gem shop feature. 600-800 gems per scroll/portal item.

@Tyncale.1629 said:I vote yes, but I have to agree with the fact that Shared Inventory slots are probably a big moneymaker for Anet. I should know because I have them all unlocked. :o And still running short.

Great mockup btw!

They're also not a solution to this problem, for exactly that reason. I have 22 shared slots and they're all full already, without buying a bunch of different portal items. If my choice is to buy the portals and have to take something I'm already using out of a shared slot to make space for it or stick with the setup I've already got I'm going to stick with what I've got.

As more and more portal scrolls become available and take up more and more space, it could be convenient that you can have a portal “wardrobe” similar to how minis and novelties are unlocked. When you add the portal tome, all you have to do is pull up the map and click a special icon for the area that you port to. Or, just have a wardrobe UI, but have it be able to select which area you want to go to all from the same screen. No more using an item or trying to find the tome that you want.

@Vancho.8750 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:This is exactly what I would want. Doesn't have to be in the Hero Panel, but an icon on the mini map.Wouldn't be better if tomes were part of the normal map so you can open the kitten thing and see the world is not 5 rows of names.

They already look like that in my inventory. Taking up inventory.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Portals in the UI are an interesting idea. I’ve got way to many taking up scarce inventory space as it is right now, with more on the way as more maps are added.

And this is the main reason I was thinking about a solution on the problem. I added the portals menu in the Hero Panel so I don't mess up with the UI a lot. I wanted to show a concept of an idea, not figuring out a whole new UI to please the eye. As people mentioned the portals menu can be added

1. as a shortcut key
  2. on the mini-map menu as a button icon
  3. as a single item in the inventory
  4. on the skills UI next to the mounts and novelties
  5. on the upper left corner UI next to the menu icons for the option menu, trading post, pvp, wvw, guilds...etc.

But this is a thing for ArenaNet to decide. I used the Hero Panel because the UI there is very flexible, you have all kinds of menus there, like the gear, the wardrobe, the dye system, the mounts, the novelties, the traits, the story and so on... and the thought of making it as simple as possible ups the percentage for it to be added to the game.

Some tome storage icon next to the minimap would be nice, where you can access all your tomes, and by opening each of them the individual pages you bought. And also include the festival waypoint tome we are getting since halloween, the griffon plea, aurene fetch gimmick and the gem purchased items that bring you to those places with bank/tp/craft tools/sellers and similar which I may be forgetting atm. Account shared ofcourse. Would save space, easy visible and doesn't put your bought tomes into a loss. And this feature should also not be locked behind a gem paywall. The icon could be a shortcut link to a section in hero panel.