Introduction to Raiding 102: Boneskinner Strike Mission

Josiah.2967

I would still say it's easier than most of the bosses in raids.

The reason skinner fails 90% of the time is mechanics, especially the ground circle aoes of doom, people dodge too late or dont dodge at all.

Skinner actually needs a good composition of classes to complete easier, still seeing pugs put out under 4k dmg when they playing dps...

People really should start looking at rotations and builds if they want to get involved with these harder content and actually utilize your class.

@"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:I would still say it's easier than most of the bosses in raids.

The reason skinner fails 90% of the time is mechanics, especially the ground circle aoes of doom, people dodge too late or dont dodge at all.

Skinner actually needs a good composition of classes to complete easier, still seeing pugs put out under 4k dmg when they playing dps...

People really should start looking at rotations and builds if they want to get involved with these harder content and actually utilize your class.

Bone skinner in its current state is bugged. It is doing more damage than what is intended. It appears it was "fixed" in last weeks hot fix patches, but apparently not and because it was not on the rotation so no one knew until now. Now we probably have to wait til next week for a fix, and another 2 weeks to see if the fix worked for it to show up on the rotation. And if it still is not fixed we could wait even longer for a fix. The fact that ruler of the sky achievements told over 6 months to fix makes me very worried.

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:

@"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:I would still say it's easier than most of the bosses in raids.

Bone skinner in its current state is bugged. It is doing more damage than what is intended. It appears it was "fixed" in last weeks hot fix patches, but apparently not and because it was not on the rotation so no one knew until now. Now we probably have to wait til next week for a fix, and another 2 weeks to see if the fix worked for it to show up on the rotation. And if it still is not fixed we could wait even longer for a fix. The fact that ruler of the sky achievements told over 6 months to fix makes me very worried.

I realized this yesterday when doing it with a group, had 3 heals and we couldn't out heal the dmg when people were avoiding circles..

Hopefully a quick fix will be released by anet

Was able to beat it about 3 times today. However, the Deathless Hunt Achievo for not downing or dying is about as difficult as a challenge mode Raid.

Need a full team consisting of mostly Trailblazer and a couple heal Scourges with spectral grasp to pull the wisps in, and a few Minstrel Firebrands to heal through mechanics and, and a single tanky Rev for alacrity. No room for error with your armor. No DPS builds or you will get btfo, and everyone will R-U-N-N-O-F-T out of there.

@DoRi Silvia.4159 said:

@DoRi Silvia.4159 said:I would still say it's easier than most of the bosses in raids.

I realized this yesterday when doing it with a group, had 3 heals and we couldn't out heal the dmg when people were avoiding circles..

Hopefully a quick fix will be released by anet

Quick as in a few more weeks

Well now we know it is bugged.

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:You’re right, the Boneskinner in the strike mission is still acting up and is now doing the extra damage via a new bug. (Boneskinner’s haunted.)

We’re sorry about that, but we’ve identified a fix that should take care of it for good and we’ll have it implemented in time for the next rotation.

@"Nightcore.5621" said:Raids so toxic and I dont ever think People well be into something so toxic so i think the Whole strike Thing to get People to do raids well never happen

There isn't anything toxic in raids. There isn't any NPCs shouting "you are trash" or neither is any of the bosses blaming you about anything. Players can be toxic just like in other game modes and even this is kinda rare.

Ok one secBoneskinner is a difficult boss (it might still be bugged too) but maybe that is what anet wanted , i mean , 1 strike was easy (very easy if you are a raider) , then kodan and the havrun or whatever its name is arent that difficult (id say medium level or so) and bone and wisper are difficult .Am i the only one that sees it as a progresion for new players?You start with the golem and that catches your attention , the kodand and havrun start to make it difficult and bone and wisper are impossible unless you search a tiny tiny bit and start learning builds , rotations , cc bars, evades etc.I mean if you kill all strikes you can go to vg with confidence in your skills and im sure you will kill it once you know its mechs

Boneskinner is simply bugged. I do whisper of jormag daily, usually without issues (if my team knows what they're doing) and that is a proper strike mission with pre-raid difficulty and a mini-raid boss feel.

Boneskinner in it's current bugged state is a hardcore challenge, certainly not a "pre-raid" difficulty and not a part of growing difficulty curve that should place it above other sanctum strikes, but below or at most equal to Whisper of Jormag.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Nightcore.5621 said:Raids so toxic and I dont ever think People well be into something so toxic so i think the Whole strike Thing to get People to do raids well never happen

There’s more toxicity coming from those against toxicity than from those being accused of being toxic.

Lol that's rich. The hardcore pveers are going to kill this game blaming noobs all along the way.

@Firebeard.1746 said:

@Nightcore.5621 said:Raids so toxic and I dont ever think People well be into something so toxic so i think the Whole strike Thing to get People to do raids well never happen

There’s more toxicity coming from those against toxicity than from those being accused of being toxic.

Lol that's rich. The hardcore pveers are going to kill this game blaming noobs all along the way.

How?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"Nightcore.5621" said:Raids so toxic and I dont ever think People well be into something so toxic so i think the Whole strike Thing to get People to do raids well never happen

How?

Because they're unwilling to actually build a community in the name of speed clears. Also the data on # of Lis vs your percentile in the community is hilarious in the context of "bring massive kp"

@Firebeard.1746 said:

How?

Because they're unwilling to actually build a community in the name of speed clears. Also the data on # of Lis vs your percentile in the community is hilarious in the context of "bring massive kp"

That's not an answer to how "The hardcore pveers are going to kill this game".

@Firebeard.1746 said:

How?

Except there are literally communities dedicated to growing the raid scene and newbie raiders. For some reason people decide to ignore them so they can go join lfgs they're clearly not qualified for based on the lfg posting.

@Firebeard.1746 said:

How?

Do you even play this game? Serious question because your 2 sentences make no sense at all and therefore are utter bs.

@Shikaru.7618 said:

How?

Except there are literally communities dedicated to growing the raid scene and newbie raiders. For some reason people decide to ignore them so they can go join lfgs they're clearly not qualified for based on the lfg posting.

There is ONE in NA, and basically you're like waiting around for someone to take you. Sure. They told me I am not even aloud to ping for PuG groups in Disc. So yeah, it's great. Everything the community has constructed is based around gating to a particular elite, I have to get special training to make a group. Like I can't just watch videos and ask other people who are interested in the content and study it on their own time like me. It's awesome. I would have expected a discord community to be a bit looser as it's understood the people participating would be figuring things out and have the idea of working together. And MAYBE, JUST MAYBE have issues making a guild time slot on a consistent basis, or heck are struggling to find guilds that run when they're free.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

How?

Do you even play this game? Serious question because your 2 sentences make no sense at all and therefore are utter bs.

It's okay, just watch the raiding pop over the next 5 years. That will tell all, I won't be wrong unless both Anet and the community change their approaches.

@Firebeard.1746 said:

How?

It's okay, just watch the raiding pop over the next 5 years. That will tell all, I won't be wrong unless both Anet and the community change their approaches.

And the dungeon community popped years ago and that had nothing to do with the players.