new story chapter meta achievement only for raiders?

Well, maybe an emote is not a well chosen reward for a meta achievement requiring strike achieves. Somehow I get the feeling that people interested in emotes might not be the same as people interested in skill polishing and getting into raiding.

Having an open world meta achieve with an emote as a reward locked behind strikes feels like wanting to read a book but being told I have to join a football team and play x matches first, because more players are needed in football league. I may even go and try if I want the book badly enough but it sure as hell won't make me like football or be serious about it. And it won't help the league either as it will get infested with players who dislike football and only want to be done with it asap so they can read their books. And frankly, football players jumping at me saying "but football is easy and fun, just stop whining and train more" are anything but helping...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's keeping you from trying to be better at e.g. dealing damage, being support or healer?For group content like fractals, raids and now strike mission you have to fill a specific role and do your best. Achievements shouldn't be something possible to earn without any effort, that's why they're called "achievements".

@Raknar.4735 said:

@"Shadowmoon.7986" said:People complained that raids are too difficult, so anet took a knee and made easy mode raids called strikes. And still people are complaining about their accessibility. The reason why they require you to do them for the meta is well to funnel people into doing them. Most players have the ability to succeed at the current strike selection, minus the bugged boneskinner.I feel like there is a horrible bigotry of low expectations that is being thrown left and right on this topic. Just being disabled doesn't mean they can't get proper gear, run proper builds, nor use lfg to find a group. Honestly if anyone did these 3 things they can easily do ice construct, koda twins and ice dude. Now whispers is different, it actually starts getting to raid levels of difficulty.Now if it is an issue with social anxiety, as someone who has suffered from such problems, removing social interactions only makes the problem far worse. My psychiatrist equated to someone afraid to walk to their mailbox, you dont remove the mailbox, you force your self to walk to it. Even if you only get 50% there and turn around, you are better off than before. And the next day you made it 50% the day before , why not just add another 10 or 25% that day, and so on until you can finally check your mail. This is a mmo, thengame should push people to group up, but grouping up is only 50% of the experience. It can allow people to get use to that, and then they can start typing in group chat, and once they get use to that, get on discord with their mic muted, and then finally start talking and get 100% of the mmo experience.An game should try to make people better, otherwise what is the point.

Some people just don't like lobby-based instanced content. I find it lacks the "massively" part of an MMORPG.I'm sceptical Anet's plan of trying to funnel people that favour the open world into small 10man lobbies will work.

Massivelyop even did a opinion-piece on it, based on Andrew Gray's future plans on GW2:

The point of a game, at least to me, is to have fun. I have fun with difficult content, and some people don't, not that hard to understand.

Shame Bree Royce didn't read Andrew Gray's statement very well.

She says, "Consequently, ArenaNet says it’ll making the intermediary 10-man strike missions easier..."; that's just the opposite of what was said.

Only bc I'd feel silly reading through this whole thread and not posting anything . . :

It is true that historically anet has made their story and festival meta achievements as accessible as possible to all players, going so far as to adjust requirements after release to ease completion. However, in the majority of these cases there has been strong evidence that the impediments to completion were errors or oversights. The only exception I can remember is when they adjusted the Halloween beetle race cheeve to be more accessible. Presumably, that cheeve was originally introduced to incentivize beetle racing skill and participation. This seems similar to that. Anet clearly wants more players participating in strikes, and this is how they have chosen to do it. I agree with those who feel that 'forcing' players into content they don't want probably isn't wise, but it appears to be a risk anet is willing to take. Given that this appears to be an intentional choice by anet and not an error or oversight, and while I would agree that removing the strike requirement is the best choice, it is difficult to argue it is something that they should do . . .

@"Antycypator.9874" said:What's keeping you from trying to be better at e.g. dealing damage, being support or healer?For group content like fractals, raids and now strike mission you have to fill a specific role and do your best. Achievements shouldn't be something possible to earn without any effort, that's why they're called "achievements".

Because it showed that a huge majority of players in this game don't want that. Simple as it is. And it's a misbelief by the company that they will change that by adding strike missions. They should have kept the niche niche because that's what was working without cutting dev ressources so it feels like raids & fractals were/are abandoned. I still don't believe the whole "We want to bring players into raids via strikes." They already said something similar to fractal cms when they first used the term "stepping stone" in to raids there!Be honest with yourself strikes are not there for bringing players into challenging content. They are there for the remaining veterans that also play LS and do achievements. Of course the difficulty level has risen but that was a clever move since there are several of them out there now. But in the end strikes won't teach you to get a proper build something a small tutorial story with level 80 would have done.Imagine the whole dev time of strikes was channeled into a new raid. That could have been amazing.And if they want to design instanced content for the majority of players they should have focussed on new dungeons. Perhaps fractals but I'm not very convinced about that.Fact is, strikes won't fill raids with enough blood.