Will new patch shake up thing in Fractals and Raids?

Ordin.8341

I'm thinking about starting new char with other class (currently Mesmer) while I'm still leveling and from what I got reading this forum I should go Guardian or Revenant currently (I never play vanilla warriors) if I don't want having hard time finding groups to do stuff later but how new patch changes things in this area (Fractals and Raids)? I would be little miffed (understatement) If I had to re-roll things for 3'rd time and redoing maps to 100% again :'(

@Ordin.8341 said:I'm thinking about starting new char with other class (currently Mesmer) while I'm still leveling and from what I got reading this forum I should go Guardian or Revenant currently (I never play vanilla warriors) if I don't want having hard time finding groups to do stuff later but how new patch changes things in this area (Fractals and Raids)? I would be little miffed (understatement) If I had to re-roll things for 3'rd time and redoing maps to 100% again :'(

Considering that guardian gets buffed and firebrand doesnt get touched, Guardian is already a safe bet. Nothing has been done about the quickness they probide, so they are still good. I expect the renegade changes to be a buff (if my math isnt wrong). Probably wont change a whole lot of raids and fractals, but i cant tell you for sure since we dont know all the numbers.

The only change i see is holo becoming relevant again with some pretty hefty dps probably outperforming dh in pug fractals and becoming meta on some raidbosses. Fb, ren and warr will still stay meta in fractals though.Condi and power slb got buffs aswell but it is already meta in fractals and condi will just get a bit better but no change to mirage or fb so who cares.Holo and ren are the only ones getting any significant changes. Not sure about condi renegade yet. Changes are rather big but i assume a small nerf but could also end in a buff depending on numbers on the new trait.

Yup, there is no mention of the big balance patch hitting pve because as well except the minor buffs some classes get.

Revs will still be alacgadeFB will still be healing/quickness

I'd say create a heal brand as it seems that's the class most sort after these days... have seen a bit more alac players in fracs and raids but always missing that hb ;_;

@Ordin.8341 said:which is harder to player Mes Mirage or Revenant Renegade? I know guardian is supposed to be rather easy

I would say renegade is more difficult to play and master. Condi mirage is basicaly: dodge to deal damage and swap weapons to gain endurance (it's just axe/torch axe/pistol, so your main weapon is always axe).Renegade has 2 legends + 2 sets of weapon which means a lot of skills to remember and of course there is energy management. Learning your rotation and how to play as a condi renegade would be pretty worthless if you can't manage your energy.But alarene is simple. Your work mostly ends on hitting one skill (Orders From Above). In meantime you just deal damage (power) and CC if needed. Sometimes alarene must give stability (first boss at 100CM fractal) or remove boons from mobs (No Pain No Gain instability).Power renegade is much easier than condi, but it's not good as condi renegade and you will be out'dpsed by other players in group content. For Open World everything is good if it's fun for you.

@"Henry.5713" said:Nothing so far has given me any reason to think the META might be shaken up by this patch. Maybe next time.

Well like i said in a previous post. Holo will see a significant dps buff together with slb so they will be played more on bosses where you don't exploit fmw or timewarp stacking like adina or MO.This is especially true for "casual" fractals where it could replace the dh stack. That wasn't meta to begin with. Holo will bench for 38-39k as a power build with a lot of cleave.

@lare.5129 said:

@Nephalem.8921 said:Because stacking many guardians is meta for almost a year now. makes speedrun meta stale.I am not very detail read each line if patch notes, but hoe I understand guard dont't have some magic nerf

Wvsw got the pve nerf guard needs. Reduced feel my wrath duration from 8 to 5sec. This in pve would already be enough so you just cant stack 4 of them in a group without boon duration anymore.

@Antycypator.9874 said:

@Ordin.8341 said:which is harder to player Mes Mirage or Revenant Renegade? I know guardian is supposed to be rather easy

I would say renegade is more difficult to play and master. Condi mirage is basicaly: dodge to deal damage and swap weapons to gain endurance (it's just axe/torch axe/pistol, so your main weapon is always axe).Renegade has 2 legends + 2 sets of weapon which means a lot of skills to remember and of course there is energy management. Learning your rotation and how to play as a condi renegade would be pretty worthless if you can't manage your energy.But alarene is simple. Your work mostly ends on hitting one skill (Orders From Above). In meantime you just deal damage (power) and CC if needed. Sometimes alarene must give stability (first boss at 100CM fractal) or remove boons from mobs (No Pain No Gain instability).Power renegade is much easier than condi, but it's not good as condi renegade and you will be out'dpsed by other players in group content. For Open World everything is good if it's fun for you.

Honestly, if you're not going to play Alacrity Renegade or Heal Renegade, don't bother bringing a Revenant to T4 fractals - just bring another class as Rev struggles to justify a DPS spot.

A stark contrast to Guardian, where if you aren't playing Heal Brand, you could play Power Quickbrand + Heal Rene (or Druid/Ele/Scrapper if you give up Alacrity), or you could just go full DPS as Dragonhunter or Condi Firebrand.

Sadly nothing in the upcoming patches is going to change any of this. Rev still fails to keep up with other profs/elites in a pure DPS role.

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:Honestly, if you're not going to play Alacrity Renegade or Heal Renegade, don't bother bringing a Revenant to T4 fractals - just bring another class as Rev struggles to justify a DPS spot.

I play what I like, it doesn't matter for me if it's power or condi. I'm not telling people in my party to play certain class because I'm not taking fractals seriously. There is onlyone serious content for me and it is called "raids". As a condi renegade I can out-dps'd power players, but it doesn't matter for me; I play Guild Wars 2, not DPS Wars 2. I had a time to think "I want to be the best", but after 4 years I just want to play the game and I don't need to be the best.

@"Antycypator.9874" said:I play what I like, it doesn't matter for me if it's power or condi. I'm not telling people in my party to play certain class because I'm not taking fractals seriously. There is onlyone serious content for me and it is called "raids". As a condi renegade I can out-dps'd AFK power players, but it doesn't matter for me; I play Guild Wars 2, not DPS Wars 2. I had a time to think "I want to be the best", but after 4 years I just want to play the game and I don't need to be the best.

FTFYI had a condi ren once on ensyloss and he dps raced the alac ren. He even played condi in recs and t4 in which the alac ren outdamaged him hard. Some condi builds can work, some require bad party dps but condi ren has one of the slowest ramp ups in the game. It's just terrible in fractals unless the ttk gets quadrupled.

• 1 month later...