Which professions do you struggle to master?

Aodlop.1907

Revs a hard one for me due to managing bother energy and cd resources. Getting better on warrior but feel like the majority of players know the handful of big ticket skills to look out for so can feel a bit predictable compared to other classes. Core engi cuz it felt a bit overwhelming to try and learn especially since I had very little interest in it or its theme.

There is a difference between being OK/good at something and mastering something.I spend more time on leage then 6 of you combined on gw2, and Im not even close to mastering league.I have not mastered it and I never will.same way I have not mastered mesmer and I never will master it, ill be good, maybe very good one day.Watch pro players play shooters like r6 siege, watch them make 0,1s snap pixel perfect reactions... this is mastering something.not playing broken build and having 50/50 winrate against other broken build. thats called being average

I'm a sole warrior player with a holo in training. I find all the other classes difficult in pvp due to having different combos or even elite specs.. play style is way differentAtleast with a warrior it's easy enough to do.. weave in weave out..

I've played alacgade for a while doing fracs and raids etc but when it comes to pvp or wvw with a herald, im the world's worst lol

I never invested enough in any class, outside guardian, much in sPvP. In PvE my second played class (with comparable class to guardian) is memser. Can never find a build I like on mesmer. Also, there are also so many splits between PvE and sPvP on Mesmer as well, it is hard to get timing correctly when everything is different.

Power rev, I had periods where I played a lot. Have not in a long time. It also plays quite different between PvE and PvP.

I can always do well on warrior. But I hate warrior GS with passion. And every single build have been using GS, for years.

@Aodlop.1907 said:I can't seem to perform well with Warrior, Elementalist & Engineer. I'm very bad at managing their defensive toolkit mostly, I feel naked playing these classes.

This would be a fun poll!

Out of the classes I have spent significant time on and actually learned to play fairly well, weaver took the most to get comfortable with and seems to have a high ceiling after that. Don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying you're at a disadvantage playing it at all. However, it took longer for me to wrap my head around 26 skills as opposed to 10 and not being able to access all of those skills within a single weapon swap.

Where other classes face a binary choice (Do I need this weapon or the other one?), weaver must choose between 4 weapon sets while also committing to 4 and 5 skills on a 3.4-4s delay. That's a couple of layers of complexity that other classes don't have and that's why I feel that it took me longer to get comfortable with it and why I feel my improvement with practice has been more noticeable.

There's also the oddness that is a low-ish health, low mobility, low armor, melee-locked PvP build. Yes, it's overperforming, but it's just one more thing about weaver that takes a little getting used to. I don't think there's really ever been anything like that before, has there?

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:There is a difference between being OK/good at something and mastering something.I spend more time on leage then 6 of you combined on gw2, and Im not even close to mastering league.I have not mastered it and I never will.same way I have not mastered mesmer and I never will master it, ill be good, maybe very good one day.Watch pro players play shooters like r6 siege, watch them make 0,1s snap pixel perfect reactions... this is mastering something.not playing broken build and having 50/50 winrate against other broken build. thats called being average

You're using the objective standard of "mastery" (e.g. "Ranked #1 in the world!") where a subjective interpretation is implied. It's the difference between the absolute ceiling and the point at which diminishing returns on practice make improvements imperceptible in the near term.

But I feel you. If you thought you had truly mastered something, what is there left to do? It's improvement that we strive for.