Be Patient Because of the (planned) Future Balance Cadence

Crab Fear.1624

I clipped this from the balance patch preview.

@Cal Cohen.2358 said:

Future Balance Cadence

This patch is unusual in that it’s more about establishing a new paradigm than it is a regular balance update, and the result is a giant set of changes. Moving forward with competitive balance, we want to make smaller adjustments more often. The specific cadence for balance will always depend on our overall release schedule, but ideally it will be closer to every 4-6 weeks, while still having the opportunity to make minor tweaks outside of the regular balance update. The goal here is to have better flexibility to fix problems in a timely manner.

Here we all are in panic mode.

Looking at our numbers, pointing our fingers.

But, some of us seem to be missing the main point of this patch.

Rolling back the power creep and changing the expectations.

Okay, so if the above quote is somewhat true (as possible), then this will be only a temporary state of game.

There is no public test server, and the devs don't have the time to measure the results of every change themselves.

So, when the changes go live, all of the players will try builds, play games, and be in normal scenarios where the devs can collect data, and players can give real feedback over the patch versus the speculation.

If something is weak, they say the may be able to fix it quick, and if something is strong, again the same concept applies.

Maybe they will change some things before the patch, but if they don't, then don't panic.

There is hope for faster balancing.

What I see on forums is ppl calling nerfs so they don't have bad matchups, they want to win every duel even if they are hard countered by the other specs.

I think ppl are overreacting to the patch and very feel things there are really bad like the 300 cds, all the other stuff you got wait to see how it plays out against the other specs

@Crab Fear.1624 said:I clipped this from the balance patch preview.

Future Balance Cadence

This patch is unusual in that it’s more about
establishing a new paradigm
than it is a regular balance update, and the result is a giant set of changes. Moving forward with competitive balance, we want to make
smaller adjustments more often
. The specific cadence for balance will always depend on our overall release schedule, but
ideally it will be closer to every 4-6 weeks
, while still having the opportunity to
make minor tweaks outside of the regular balance update
. The goal here is to have better flexibility to
fix problems in a timely manner

Okay, so if the above quote is somewhat true (as possible), then this will be only a temporary state of game.

There is no public test server, and the devs don't have the time to measure the results of every change themselves.

So, when the changes go live, all of the players will try builds, play games, and be in normal scenarios where the devs can collect data, and players can give real feedback over the patch versus the speculation.

If something is weak, they say the may be able to fix it quick, and if something is strong, again the same concept applies.

Maybe they will change some things before the patch, but if they don't, then don't panic.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.I wholeheartedly expect this patch to turn the game into unplayable shitfest.I also expect it will take devs at least 1 month to adress it, and at least 6 months for anything to start changing.

The only thing that wear off my patience is that their balance philosophy focus on number tweaks. The different professions (all) have some mechanisms that are broken to the core and no amount of number tweaks ever made them less broken.

I'd love it if they started to fix the problems and stoped focusing on addressing the consequences of the problem. They've been washing the blood around the wounds while hoping that the wounds will close themselves naturally for so long that I doubt the increased of patch frequency will make them take a different approach.

@Don Vega Van Kain.9842 said:

@MyPuppy.8970 said:Keep calm and decap far.

jokes on people, ill make permaswiftness fast as kitten mirage and just run like monkey between nodes

Save yourself from unnecessary stress and insanity ..........................make a short bow 5 bot and as a bonus you can disapear :p

jokes on you, ill use mass invisibility !

@Crab Fear.1624 said:I clipped this from the balance patch preview.

@"Cal Cohen.2358" said:

Future Balance Cadence

This patch is unusual in that it’s more about
establishing a new paradigm
than it is a regular balance update, and the result is a giant set of changes. Moving forward with competitive balance, we want to make
smaller adjustments more often
. The specific cadence for balance will always depend on our overall release schedule, but
ideally it will be closer to every 4-6 weeks
, while still having the opportunity to
make minor tweaks outside of the regular balance update
. The goal here is to have better flexibility to
fix problems in a timely manner

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/97036/cool-yer-jets

I said:The hope is that they actually do follow up on their stated intention of balancing on a much faster cadence. Large balance patches like this need to be followed up with several small balance patches, to reduce the wild changes in metas that we've suffered over the last few years. If they can have a faster turnaround for balance, we'll all be better off.

Anet has done a good job of sticking to their promises for the past few months at the very least. For that reason, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise.

After the power level is brought down into a favorable place, I'd like for them to start buffing specs that do not currently have a place in most game modes. I'm not a big fan of WvW personally, but I love Scrapper. Unfortunately, it's not desired anywhere else.