Crafting ascend...

ancafr.9274

@ancafr.9274 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:You can get some items at no cost whatsoever. Through quests or achievements.

Hmmmm I'll check about that, thanks.

"No cost" isn't how I would choose to describe it. No gold or material cost perhaps, but a cost in time/work instead. That said, look at the Specialization Collections. Depending on what characters you've played and what weapon you want, they can be a lot easier to get than crafting one.

If you are impatient as me and not place buy order but buy all materials from the tp straight up, I calculated around 70-80g a piece of armorThis is ofcourse not using any materials you have but just outright buying everything buyable through the tp insta buys.

If you are in no rush, place buy orders for all the mats you need and you will be buying much cheaper.

Also to note. If you are crafting you will also need ascended recipes for the correct item you need.A recipe is required for each piece of equip.Ascended recipe can only be bough through the laurel merchant and need 5 laurel + 3 gold per piece. So armors alone for just the recipe is going to cost you 30 laurel and 18gold

@DoRi Silvia.4159 said:If you are impatient as me and not place buy order but buy all materials from the tp straight up, I calculated around 70-80g a piece of armorThis is ofcourse not using any materials you have but just outright buying everything buyable through the tp insta buys.

If you are in no rush, place buy orders for all the mats you need and you will be buying much cheaper.

Also to note. If you are crafting you will also need ascended recipes for the correct item you need.A recipe is required for each piece of equip.Ascended recipe can only be bough through the laurel merchant and need 5 laurel + 3 gold per piece. So armors alone for just the recipe is going to cost you 30 laurel and 18gold

Yeah it seems I'll have to spend some gold, first to improve craft to 500 cuz I dont even do craft here, but it worth cuz I'll be able to wear the gears on any character xD. Time for some farming... But first I'll get the trinkets then weapon and last armor.

@ancafr.9274 said:

@"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:If you are impatient as me and not place buy order but buy all materials from the tp straight up, I calculated around 70-80g a piece of armorThis is ofcourse not using any materials you have but just outright buying everything buyable through the tp insta buys.

Yeah it seems I'll have to spend some gold, first to improve craft to 500 cuz I dont even do craft here, but it worth cuz I'll be able to wear the gears on any character xD. Time for some farming... But first I'll get the trinkets then weapon and last armor.

Take your time, there is only like 5% difference between ascended and exotic. Level up your weapon and armor smith and start crafting the daily ascended mats.

Trinkets are easy enough to get, with laurels, guild commendations. For the back pack I found Sirens Landing to be quickest providing you have Season 3. The easiest amulet to get is from the guy in the hut after completing "The Hunger" achievement in Bjora marches. That should be enough to get you started in Fractals

Take a look at you achievements, some of them give ascended pieces.

If you can, join a raid group. Raiding is the cheapest way to get ascended armor because raid currency has no other real use.

I decided to spend the time gathering, crafting to max level, and spending some real money to buy mass materials to craft all ascended gear/weapons for all my characters.

I probably don't need it for my play style, but it's nice knowing I have that little bit of advantage.

Ascended being account-bound rather than soul-bound, is another reason to go the extra mile. Crafting 1 suit of Light, Medium, and Heavy armor and passing it around 3 characters is cheaper than 3 suits of Light, Medium, and Heavy exotic armor (9 total).

It's not worth your time if you don't have fun in the process.

@ancafr.9274 said:Is 100-150 gold enough to start craft ascend weapons?

Yes. It’s around 50G on average to craft an ascended weapon. It may be cheaper or it may be higher depending on which one due to the material type used. I think the bows are the most expensive as they’re towards the upper 50s.

Also factor in the cost to get the crafting profession up if you don’t already have it maxed at 500. Most people tend to use gw2crafts.net for this.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Yes. It’s around 50G on average to craft an ascended weapon. It may be cheaper or it may be higher depending on which one due to the material type used. I think the bows are the most expensive as they’re towards the upper 50s.

Also factor in the cost to get the crafting profession up if you don’t already have it maxed at 500. Most people tend to use gw2crafts.net for this.

No I'll have to make it high... but I thought it were 400 for ascend and 500 for legendary?

@ancafr.9274 said:

No I'll have to make it high... but I thought it were 400 for ascend and 500 for legendary?

It’s 500 for ascended.

Actually, the collections are very, very easy.

It shouldn't take longer than a few hours at most, which is actually quite amazing for best in slot gear for an mmorpg.No time gates, time limits or skill checks either.Some of the collection items required for em are also fun to get(like racing in pof :D) and might take you to places and activities you don't normally participate in.

And if you think these cakewalks are somehow hard, you will just lose all faith when you look at crafting a legendary item or getting one of the flying mounts.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

It’s 500 for ascended.

Yeah I can see it lol. More gold to spend... ;(