Expansion level content?

@Valandil Dragonhart.2371 said:

@Valandil Dragonhart.2371 said:Nah, not expansion level content, because if it were, we'd be heading into Cantha right now.

And don't say it's not gonna happen, when you know as well as I that it's full-well a distinct possibility. There's been more people crying out for it than anything since before these forums got a rework, even since the game's inception.

Also, you shouldn't listen to the words of Anet about Cantha either - years ago they said they weren't going to be introducing either raids or mounts. Look where we are now. Now if you don't mind, I have more AFK'ing to do in CANTHA (at Shing Jea Monastery), as the Celestial Rat runs around. :p

canthaforever

Actually, the Devs never said there would not be Mounts, only that there would not be Mounts at launch.

The Devs also talked about Raid pre-launch.

And, to be fair, the Devs have never said there won't be Cantha. Only one Dev talked about a
possible
reason that the Canthan District in Divinity's Reach was removed.

Yeah actually they did, that's precisely why I mentioned the old forums, and why there's no trace of them now. Convenient.

Both in the case of mounts
and
raids. I only remember because I weighed in on both arguments myself. CJ specifically said there'd be no raids added to the game as "Fractals were enough". Several devs also got in on the discussion about mounts, and how they would not be integrated into the game. There was no caveat or exemption, it was a flat "NO".

I'll argue this one tooth and nail, because I have a long memory about these things. Cantha is a taboo topic; they like to pretend it never existed because of the Asian cultural anomalies that happened in GW1 and how they were placed on the back foot.

Actually @Inculpatus cedo.9234 is right, they never said a flat "no" to either mounts or raids. For mounts they said they aren't planned to have them on release. And for Raids, they called the open world Temple Events in Orr their own version of "Raids" and the content meant to attract those that are Raiding in other games. As for Cantha, a developer said that "asian culture" was the reason they removed the Canthan district in Divinity's Reach, that's it. They never responded to Cantha threads any more than that.

Also the old forums are here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/

Because the old forum search isn't working, you can use google:Mountshttps://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aforum-en.gw2archive.eu+mounts&oq=site%3Aforum-en.gw2archive.eu+mounts&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58.7140j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Raidshttps://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aforum-en.gw2archive.eu+raids&oq=site%3Aforum-en.gw2archive.eu+raids&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58.2525j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Good luck

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@maddoctor.2738 said:Actually @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" is right, they never said a flat "no" to either mounts or raids. For mounts they said they aren't planned to have them on release.And one have to remember, that mounts were one of the features they mentioned as one they were considering, but unable to implement in GW1 engine - so, one of the reasons why we even have GW2. Probably not one of the major points, that's true, but these were clearly something they had in mind for a long time.

And for Raids, they called the open world Temple Events in Orr their own version of "Raids" and the content meant to attract those that are Raiding in other games.Again, one thing to remember is that, while they never flat out said they don't want to have raids in game, they did several times say that they consider 5 people an ideal size for instanced content, and think that bigger groups (the size that was discussed then was 8 - the original group size of GW1) are actually detrimental to the game as they cause too much trouble during the group forming.Quite obviously they have changed their mind on that part - even if in the end it turned out that they were 100% right on this one then.

@Valandil Dragonhart.2371 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Is the search broken? It worked last time I used it, a few months ago.

The search on the original forums never worked (for me at least) after 2013, maybe 2014. There were tons of threads about it not working.

Yes, the old forums 'search' feature didn't work, but the archived forum's 'search' feature worked just fine (which is why I said, "...a few months ago").

• 1 year later...