New Hairstyles Soon?™ — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

New Hairstyles Soon?™

I'd be more excited to get new character customization content than new story content at this point. I get extremely disappointed each major update when datamining shows no plans for new hairstyles/ faces or anything else related to improving our characters physical look. I don't want transferred hair, but improved hairstyles- not anime looking ones that are over-exaggerated.

Here are some hairstyle samples we need
FemaleHuman1
FemaleHuman2
FemaleHuman3

MaleHuman1
MaleHuman2
MaleHuman3

SylvariFemale1
SylvariFemale2
SylvariFemale3

Sylvari Males can share the hairstyles.

Charr1
Charr2
Charr2

FemaleAsura1
FemaleAsura2
FemaleAsura3

Post your Male Asura Hairstyles ideas and other ideas!

Comments

• Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭

I’d love more Norn hairstyles that aren’t braids or gravitationally weird ponytails. Like a thick lob with bangs, or something shoulder length, back-combed with metal accessories.

It’s been a while since any race got anything new hair-wise.

Better get a wriggle on.

• Frostfang.5109Frostfang.5109 Member ✭✭✭

I agree with OP. I'd be superexcited over new faces, hairs and horns!

• Weindrasi.3805Weindrasi.3805 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2019

I would like the current hairstyles to be improved. There are WAY too many braids and ponytails that are stiff and immobile. I really like this charr hairstyle and use it on one of my mains: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Exclusivehair-charrfemale10.jpg. But it NEVER MOVES and I hate that. If she tilts her head up or down, such as during a /crossarms emote, the braids stay stiff and straight. It looks incredibly stupid. Or when she dies, and her braids are sticking straight up, floating in the air. The hairstyle would also look better if it actually considered her horns--the hair should be drawn to fall AROUND the horns, rather than the horns just clipping through.

• Dante.1508Dante.1508 Member ✭✭✭

Only 3 Asura ones .. so sad..

• Kashrlyyk.5364Kashrlyyk.5364 Member ✭✭
    edited December 17, 2019

I don't want new concrete hairstyles. I think it would be better if they added animations to the already existing hairstyles. Or at the very least to all ponytails and bangs.

Having an animated cape but concrete unmoving hair looks so stupid.

• SoulGuardian.6203SoulGuardian.6203 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 17, 2019

I really want human hair in sylvari.
    Reason I don't have a sylvari.
    I personally don't like it tbh.
    Imo, they should have human like hair.
    Maybe thicker, bushier, but hair nevertheless; instead of leaves and twigs.

• I'd rather see some haircuts appear under helmets like tophat over new haircuts overall. Like seriously at least make that a thing for gemstore cosmetics

• Glider.5792Glider.5792 Member ✭✭✭✭

With the amount of hairstyle kits the BLCs dropped, i dont think we're getting new hairstyles again. There is not much to profit from them.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeFWMeskOJhk8N-SvOFCJXA
    Fractal speed kills, raids, Black Lion Chest Openings, random.

• Regh.8649Regh.8649 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 17, 2019

Sadly, I recall an interview for some site that they were aware ppl wanted more customization options, but they were not focusing on that at the moment.

Source: Massivelyop

Formula for success: Rise early, work hard, strike oil.

• Endless Soul.5178Endless Soul.5178 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'd love to have more long hair options for asura that aren't updos.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Bekka | Akee | Feyyt | Nuumy | Tylee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Sixx | Claara | Conii | Jymm | Synn | Zeena

Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade but your soul is endless

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don’t get why people care quite so much as they do, but in any case I’d like to see more options. Anet can make money selling hair style kits, it doesn’t make sense how rarely they do it

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

i wonder how ppl says "game is dead". a bunch of pack with hairstyles, capes, whatsover is enough. this game is far from dead.

main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

• @Fenom.9457 said:
    I don’t get why people care quite so much as they do,...

Because the vast majority of helms fit terribly on charr. For that same reason I also want more faces and horns!

• Frostfang.5109Frostfang.5109 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 18, 2019

Oh,...btw.... can i get horns for my charr that are inspired by the new reindeer mini!!!!??? Would LOVE antler inspired horns for charr!!

• Friday.7864Friday.7864 Member ✭✭✭

A big YES to new hairstyles.
    Personally, I find over 90% of the currently available ones to be too ugly to look at. That goes for faces too.

• Chasind.3128Chasind.3128 Member ✭✭✭

@Friday.7864 said:
    A big YES to new hairstyles.
    Personally, I find over 90% of the currently available ones to be too ugly to look at. That goes for faces too.

Thank you! It's be nice to see better designed hairstyles with actual movement physics