New Shiver Emote

Tony.8659

@Raknar.4735 said:

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:Its amazing that they keep forgetting to make it possible to get the meta reward without having to do every achievement. They regularly go back and adjust such things, so why insist on making it 100% at launch?

The game would progress so much faster if they didn't have to relearn mistakes so regularly.

There's 49 Achievements; you need 37. I'm not sure what you mean.

Small correction: Only 45 of the 49 Achievements count for the 37 you need. Point still stands that there's more achievements than needed.

I should have been more specific with "every achievement without having to do Strike missions" since if you don't want to do strike missions then you have to do everything on the map. I don't consider Strike missions (raid like content) to be the same kind of content at PvE.

Do people not want new emotes or something? Or is it that they don't want new emotes as rewards for clearing a map/episode?

Would a new armor piece be preferred? Title or something new entirely?

Honestly I like the idea of new emotes being given this way, though I would like a reward track for those that PvP or WvW exclusively. The emote is thematic and fits the last two episodes as a whole. Perhaps the emote, plus an armor piece or a unique weapon to go with it would make the reward more compelling for other players?

@rrusse.7058 said:Do people not want new emotes or something? Or is it that they don't want new emotes as rewards for clearing a map/episode?Would a new armor piece be preferred? Title or something new entirely?Honestly I like the idea of new emotes being given this way, though I would like a reward track for those that PvP or WvW exclusively. The emote is thematic and fits the last two episodes as a whole. Perhaps the emote, plus an armor piece or a unique weapon to go with it would make the reward more compelling for other players?Emotes should be a staple of functions offered to players from the very beginning.They are basically hiding a way for players to express themselves behind some horrible, horrible grind.Simply giving a title like Master Grinder of the Eastern Bjora Marches would have been better.

Also, if you look closely, it says you get other stuff if you already obtained it, yet there is no other way to obtain it.

@"Fueki.4753" said:Emotes should be a staple of functions offered to players from the very beginning.They are basically hiding a way for players to express themselves behind some horrible, horrible grind.Simply giving a title like Master Grinder of the Eastern Bjora Marches would have been better.

Also, if you look closely, it says you get other stuff if you already obtained it, yet there is no other way to obtain it.

Fair points. It's something Arenanet could work on. Is there anything else that is equivalent to a title or better that would suffice as a reward for doing nearly everything a map has to offer?

I will note that I didn't mention in my previous post that in Episode 1, while the final reward is a backpiece, the total rewards possible for the start of Bjora Marches is not bad and they all come from multiple achievements or tiers of the same achievement. Which I think is a great way to proceed instead of rewards being a binary thing. Like "Did you do the thing yet? Yes/No?"Yes = rewardNo = no reward

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Its amazing that they keep forgetting to make it possible to get the meta reward without having to do every achievement. They regularly go back and adjust such things, so why insist on making it 100% at launch?

The game would progress so much faster if they didn't have to relearn mistakes so regularly.

Small correction: Only 45 of the 49 Achievements count for the 37 you need. Point still stands that there's more achievements than needed.

I should have been more specific with "every achievement without having to do Strike missions" since if you don't want to do strike missions then you have to do everything on the map. I don't consider Strike missions (raid like content) to be the same kind of content at PvE.

I also want to point out that at launch you had to get every achievement. They changed it in one of the patches.

The final reward SHOULD HAVE BEEN the Raven shirt. Let the pants be tied to Story completion rewards, and the gloves/shoes/helm be bought at the Kodan merchant after completing certain achievements.There is quite simply no sense in advertising the Raven Armor and then making the shirt--the centerpiece of the armor--so rare and unobtainable that most players will never get it.There is even less sense in making an emote the grind reward. Many players never emote and never will. Of those who do, most don't care about emoting beyond the occasional dance emote or other humor emote while waiting around. The small percentage of the playerbase who incorporate emotes into their game-play tend to be role-players. It is cruel to the role-players to lock the shiver emote behind grind, cruel to the grinders to give such a lackluster "reward" for their efforts, and cruel to the armor-collectors to make the Raven shirt so impossibly hard to attain.The shiver emote is worth a few hours of grinding.The Raven shirt is worth a few days of grinding.If you want to create a super-rare luck based reward, it should be a new legendary weapon. Not the Raven shirt. (And sure as HELL not a helm that is exclusive to charr--who suffer from clipping and stretching EVEN IN THEIR OWN CULTURAL ARMOR)

First I have the emote and love it.Second you cant have this emote without striking some achievements in strikes missions which I find questionable.I understand Anet is trying to bring more players towards instanced content but related achievements, loot and some skins should be enough as incentive.Also I am 99% sure that next Tuesday Anet will lower requirements so everyone will get the emote without having to complete strikes missions.

@Cobra.6509 said:First I have the emote and love it.Second you cant have this emote without striking some achievements in strikes missions which I find questionable.I understand Anet is trying to bring more players towards instanced content but related achievements, loot and some skins should be enough as incentive.Also I am 99% sure that next Tuesday Anet will lower requirements so everyone will get the emote without having to complete strikes missions.

actually, is anyone doing strike missions who isnt already a high tier fractal/regular raid runner anyway? Maybe, just maybe anet should stop trying to force people into instanced content they really do not want to do?

I do pve to relax. For excitement, I do wvw. I do not need 'raids', 'fractals' or 'strike missions'. Those are not relaxing. They are annoying on a good day and rage enducing frustrating messes on every other. So let those who like them do them. I am fine with that. I am NOT fine with anet trying to force me to do them to complete the story achievement. Strike missions are not story. They should NOT been put there. Put them under fractals or dungeons and be done with it.

I think 'questionable' is a very polite term to use here.

• Like 1

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Its amazing that they keep forgetting to make it possible to get the meta reward without having to do every achievement. They regularly go back and adjust such things, so why insist on making it 100% at launch?

You still have to do a minimum of im counting 8 strike mission achievements to get the meta. Finishing all the map achievements left me with 29 achievements of the 37 required, im sitting at 31 of 37 having gotten two of the easy ones from the whispers strike though ive never been able to kill it. And with boneskinner being bugged out like it is i cant even get those achievements.

Frustrating as hell that they went this route.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

@Cobra.6509 said:First I have the emote and love it.Second you cant have this emote without striking some achievements in strikes missions which I find questionable.I understand Anet is trying to bring more players towards instanced content but related achievements, loot and some skins should be enough as incentive.Also I am 99% sure that next Tuesday Anet will lower requirements so everyone will get the emote without having to complete strikes missions.

actually, is anyone doing strike missions who isnt already a high tier fractal/regular raid runner anyway? Maybe, just maybe anet should stop trying to force people into instanced content they really do not want to do?

I do pve to relax. For excitement, I do wvw. I do not need 'raids', 'fractals' or 'strike missions'. Those are not relaxing. They are annoying on a good day and rage enducing frustrating messes on every other. So let those who like them do them. I am fine with that. I am NOT fine with anet trying to force me to do them to complete the story achievement. Strike missions are not story. They should NOT been put there. Put them under fractals or dungeons and be done with it.

I think 'questionable' is a very polite term to use here.

Um, yes, players are doing Strike Missions that don't do Raids or Fractals. At least one is; I've never set foot in a Raid, and I think I'm L2 in Fractals (I did two or three L1 Fractals a long, long time ago). I did the Whispers Strike Mission with a pug; didn't seem that difficult. It took us 4 tries; I think one player left after the second attempt. I'd guess the other players weren't Raid or High Fractal players either, because most of them went down quite a bit. But, maybe I was just lucky.

@"Vences.7238" said:FYI: Hidden achievement "Shadows Creep" also counts towards meta.

My count above included all the hidden achievements that count. One still needs 8 strike achievements.

Edit: if every single achievement added in the release counted towards the meta(not including the Drakkar, or Skyscale ones, but the ones only in the story section) im seeing youd need about half the required strike achievements.

@Dante.1763 said:

@"Vences.7238" said:FYI: Hidden achievement "Shadows Creep" also counts towards meta.

My count above included all the hidden achievements that count. One still needs 8 strike achievements.

Edit: if every single achievement added in the release counted towards the meta(not including the Drakkar, or Skyscale ones, but the ones only in the story section) im seeing youd need about half the required strike achievements.

Anvil Drop and Bjora Marches Errant does not count.

@Vences.7238 said:

@Vences.7238 said:FYI: Hidden achievement "Shadows Creep" also counts towards meta.

Anvil Drop and Bjora Marches Errant does not count.

Saddly they dont, i dont know why. itd be nice if they did.