Appeal of the Russian-speaking community Guild Wars 2

INOY.6945

@Drevin.5392 said:

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:Not knowing coding, I can't imagine it to be
that
hard/costly to add support for an extra alphabet in chat, so I fully support!

Didn't GW1 support cyrillic letters?

Well its not only that, they will have to have support persons that read Cyrillic.Incase of people asking for help or reporting abuse, so yes it will cost more money if they add it.

No, they wouldn't. They are only asking for the option to write in Cyrillic alphabet in game with their friends. All support interactions and in-game text will stay the same.

So, when someone reports a player that is being abusive in chat, what then? Cyrillic users get free reign?

:) I think here is the solution to your phobia of Russian insults

This is not a solution and you know that. A solution would be a “hide Russian” because if you play in Germany for example you have “show only German” but like most of people in (western) Europe we can also communicate in English and some also in French. So show only German would not be good.And your nonsense about phobia of Russian is stupid and propaganda.

@Drevin.5392 said:

Maybe they don’t want or can’t answer to the request because they have not thought about it or can’t say anything to you. You can’t force someone to answer. Because for the last seven years there did not seem to be a problem or the need for Cyrillic.

I don’t know why it is important that you call yourself the largest GW2 blogger in Russia? You think you will get a special treatment?

The fact that I am the largest blogger in Russia for this game suggests that I appeal not only on my behalf, but I represent the interests of the whole community.Most of the big bloggers and streamers think that way. That doesnt make it true.Hint: it wouldn't be surprising if there were
more
people thinking they represent the russian community (in fact, i am 99% sure thare
are
others). And i am sure that all those people can't really agree on what those interests are.

@Anemone.5320 said:Just dropping by to complain that other alphabets are missing too (like greek) so if they're gonna add russian, they better add the rest too.

There was not talking about localization, and the addition of support for the Cyrillic alphabet. Chat will not only Russian, but also other communities whose native alphabet based on the Cyrillic alphabet.Anemone wasn't talking about localization, but also about alphabet - greek has its own, if you didn't know.

That is the core of the problem, i guess - once you add one, you have to add all of them. Not just Cyrillic.

And the often brought up case of the Polish language? That was almost certainly simply a sideeffect of adding german diacritic support. I'm pretty sure that wasn't intended at all (i doubt Polish comunity is big enough to even be considered for that), and i'm quite certain that Anet
doesn't
really want players talking in any langage other than officially supported (and moderated). Not strongly enough to actually forbid or actively hinder it, but just enough to not want to offer any help to players doing it on their own. You won;t get them to tell it to you outright, though, because saying it in the open would be bad PR.

Bulgarians, Macedonians, Serbs, Croats and Montenegrins use the Cyrillic alphabet.

This is again not true. Not everyone in Croatia uses Cyrillic alphabet.

@yoni.7015 said:

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:Not knowing coding, I can't imagine it to be
that
hard/costly to add support for an extra alphabet in chat, so I fully support!

Didn't GW1 support cyrillic letters?

Well its not only that, they will have to have support persons that read Cyrillic.Incase of people asking for help or reporting abuse, so yes it will cost more money if they add it.

No, they wouldn't. They are only asking for the option to write in Cyrillic alphabet in game with their friends. All support interactions and in-game text will stay the same.

So, when someone reports a player that is being abusive in chat, what then? Cyrillic users get free reign?

:) I think here is the solution to your phobia of Russian insults

This is not a solution and you know that. A solution would be a “hide Russian” because if you play in Germany for example you have “show only German” but like most of people in (western) Europe we can also communicate in English and some also in French. So show only German would not be good.And your nonsense about phobia of Russian is stupid and propaganda.

yes, here you are right, I went into the game and checked the chat settings for the German language. In this case, the solution to this problem would be the option to "show only Latin." But your expression "hide Russian" sounds russophobic.P.S. I didn't know that the settings for other languages would be similar to English. To you, dear yoni.7015 personal question: what I'm advocating? I don't get it here. and please don't call me "stupid" anymore.

@Drevin.5392 said:

Bulgarians, Macedonians, Serbs, Croats and Montenegrins use the Cyrillic alphabet.

You would have to be extremely carefull saying this as its a very important thing in Greece to not say this wrong. North Macedonia (former Fyrom) uses the Cyrillic alphabet. Macedonia is a region in Greece which has nothing to do with North Macedonia and Greece does not use a Cyrillic alphabet either. You don't want to offend anyone by calling the countries and its citizens wrong.

@Aaralyna.3104 said:

You would have to be extremely carefull saying this as its a very important thing in Greece to not say this wrong. North Macedonia (former Fyrom) uses the Cyrillic alphabet. Macedonia is a region in Greece which has nothing to do with North Macedonia and Greece does not use a Cyrillic alphabet either. You don't want to offend anyone by calling the countries and its citizens wrong.

Naturally, I'm not going to offend anyone. I do not have the opportunity to know the mentality of each ethnic group, so do not rephrase or give a negative meaning to my words. The essence of my words is quite simple, it is that the Cyrillic alphabet is used not only in Russia. Here I tried to list the peoples of Europe. I did not include here the countries and peoples of the CIS, which you probably have not even heard of..

@Drevin.5392 said:

@Anemone.5320 said:Just dropping by to complain that other alphabets are missing too (like greek) so if they're gonna add russian, they better add the rest too.

There was not talking about localization, and the addition of support for the Cyrillic alphabet. Chat will not only Russian, but also other communities whose native alphabet based on the Cyrillic alphabet.Anemone wasn't talking about localization, but also about alphabet - greek has its own, if you didn't know.

That is the core of the problem, i guess - once you add one, you have to add all of them. Not just Cyrillic.

And the often brought up case of the Polish language? That was almost certainly simply a sideeffect of adding german diacritic support. I'm pretty sure that wasn't intended at all (i doubt Polish comunity is big enough to even be considered for that), and i'm quite certain that Anet
doesn't
really want players talking in any language other than officially supported (and moderated). Not strongly enough to actually forbid or actively hinder it, but just enough to not want to offer any help to players doing it on their own. You won;t get them to tell it to you outright, though, because saying it in the open would be bad PR.

Bulgarians, Macedonians, Serbs, Croats and Montenegrins use the Cyrillic alphabet.And? I don't see how that has anything to do with what i said, much less actually counter anything i mentioned.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

doesn't
really want players talking in any language other than officially supported (and moderated). Not strongly enough to actually forbid or actively hinder it, but just enough to not want to offer any help to players doing it on their own. You won;t get them to tell it to you outright, though, because saying it in the open would be bad PR.

Bulgarians, Macedonians, Serbs, Croats and Montenegrins use the Cyrillic alphabet.And? I don't see how that has anything to do with what i said, much less actually counter anything i mentioned.

Hmm ... I just supplemented your comment and did not refute.

• 1 year later...