Are emotes an adequate reward for completing meta acheivements?

DarkRam.1572

An emote as a meta-achievement reward actually discourages me from doing it. It's completely useless and has no value. I'd have been happier with mystic clovers, destroyer lodestones, an asc weapon/armour box a title, etc- any one of those would be more motivating for the amount of time and effort involved.

I think they reallly mixed up the rewards in this release. As someone else said, the effort required does not match the reward.

In the past, new emotes were added for free as quality of life updates. New emotes can be fun, but unless a player stops and decides to emote, they will never be seen. In a game where aesthetics are very important, a tiny detail that will not be seen by anyone 99% of the time--INCLUDING the person who has the emote--emotes have a very LOW value. As such, emotes should either be as they have in the past--free quality of life updates--OR the achievements required to get them should be a very LOW time commitment. As in, kill one or two champions, or get gold participation in two or three events. The achievement shouldn't take more than an hour for an appropriately-leveled character.Emotes: Rarely seen = LOW valueLOW value = LOW time/effort requirement.

Weapon and Armor skins are a different story. Depending on the skin itself, its uniqueness, its flashiness, and whether it has visual problems, Weapon and Armor skins can range from MEDIUM to HIGH value. Personally, I consider the Bjora Marches meta to be of MEDIUM difficultly/time sink (although some will consider it HIGH due to the grind). At any rate, an appropriate reward for completing this series of Achievements should have been a new weapon or armor skin. Specifically... I think at least one of the pieces of Raven Armor currently locked behind Strike Mission RNG should have been the reward.

Let's look at the Raven armor. It is extremely unique, especially to Medium and Heavy armor wearers who have mostly trench coats, leathers, and metal armor to choose from. What the Raven armor is NOT, is flashy. It also has some visual problems. Thus, it is solidly in the MEDIUM value range (or at least, it should be). A medium effort level task like the Bjora Marches achievement meta, merits a medium value reward.

If rewards had been properly balanced, the Raven shirt--the center piece for the entire set--would be our reward instead of the emote. The Raven pants--second most important to this set--would have been the reward for completing the story chapter, in order to whet our appetites for the full set. The Raven helm, gloves, and shoes would have been available at the Kodan karma vendor in Still Waters Speaking.

@otto.5684 said:

@DarkRam.1572 said:Maybe for a role player these might be funi surely have no need or want for emotes as a grand prize for quite alot of hard work. it just doesnt feel sufficient or something i want to work towards.Emotes used to be added for free / no grind.

And what reward would you want instead?

Weapons.Weapon skins.Armor skins.Mount skins.

A cosmetic that I can constantly see..

I do not do achievements, but if there a really good looking skin, I may go for it. Why the kitten would I do that for a kitten emote?

Mount skins outside the gem store? Won't happen

@Jables.4659 said:

(you didn't make that claim, cool, but OP complains about them being a reward and when I asked him a question you answered, soo...)

Are you going to finish your sentence? You kind of trailed off there.

...you're clearly on the same bandwagon.

Seems pretty obvious, but if you needed that spelled out for you, then here you go :sleeping:

I'm not on any bandwagon. I don't really care either way on this "issue". I just have a personal pet peeve with the whole "Well you did this, soooooo…." type of middle school girl speech. It doesn't really matter, I just can't help myself but to poke fun at it.

You've got a little lost there I think.

Edit: I just realized the band wagon thing was you finishing your sentence to the other guy.

But you found the way*, gz :p

*Before you ask "what way?" -the way to understand the context of my answer

• Confused 1