In your opinion, is GW2 too hard?

I wouldnt mind there being more raids and strikes though there does need to be some variation among difficulty in those too(theres some, but its all over and it wouldnt hurt to have more easier, and harder ones.), its a shame anet abandoned dungeons as i wouldnt mind seeing more side story driven content that was instanced and challenging(but not to the point of raids).

Open World PVE and the story is supposed to be easy going, and i for sure think they need to keep the content split as such, Add a "Challenge mode" that makes it harder for -you- and -you- alone. Toggle it on? lose 1/3, 1/4 or 1/2 of your stats.

• Like 1

@"Dante.1763" said:I wouldnt mind there being more raids and strikes though there does need to be some variation among difficulty in those too(theres some, but its all over and it wouldnt hurt to have more easier, and harder ones.), its a shame anet abandoned dungeons as i wouldnt mind seeing more side story driven content that was instanced and challenging(but not to the point of raids).

Open World PVE and the story is supposed to be easy going, and i for sure think they need to keep the content split as such, Add a "Challenge mode" that makes it harder for -you- and -you- alone. Toggle it on? lose 1/3, 1/4 or 1/2 of your stats.

I think that LS can be the potential holy grail of flexible content. For example, you can have your regular story mode if you like to just see the story and chill. If you want a challange you can activate "challange mode" for a certain instance, perhaps it could be tied to certain achievements, which scales the encounter to whatever number of players they want. For example, a certain episode's challange mode is tuned for 3 players who have to really pay attention in order to beat it.

"Someone" said:I don't think all areas of the game are exactly right, but I think there's some things which are too easy, others which are too hard, some which are right and a lot of stuff depends hugely on the players involved. So I wouldn't say the entire game is consistently too easy or too hard.

Exactly this.There are a vast amount of factors that also contribute to the difficulty.From gear, to consumables.From the very class you're playing to the build.

I played story mode more times that I can count, and some areas I find really easy and others a little harder.But then, with a different class; it might be the complete opposite.

There's always room for improvement.However, taking all that into consideration, how would you do it?

I'm not sure if this thread is a joke, but I have my Ele in mostly glass gear (Marshal's w/ Celestial trinkets), and I only barely struggle in most content, even the latest stories and meta events, and that's the weakest class defense wise and a glassy support gear combination.

I can't imagine this game being even a slight challenge for someone on a meta class & build for example.

@White Kitsunee.4620 said:The open world is waaaaay too easy.And that's without mentioning that it hasent kept up with power creep.

But this is more so due to how little consequence death Caries now.

-always-

Death never had consequences in this game, aside from the armor repair cost, which was minimal.

@Hannelore.8153 said:I'm not sure if this thread is a joke, but I have my Ele in mostly glass gear (Marshal's w/ Celestial trinkets), and I only barely struggle in most content, even the latest stories and meta events, and that's the weakest class defense wise and a glassy support gear combination.

I can't imagine this game being even a slight challenge for someone on a meta class & build for example.

id be surprised if most players ran meta builds + gear.

And even if they did, i doubt theyd understand how to use it. Given how large the disparity of DPS is between average players and good players.

@Dante.1763 said:

@White Kitsunee.4620 said:The open world is waaaaay too easy.And that's without mentioning that it hasent kept up with power creep.

-always-

Death never had consequences in this game, aside from the armor repair cost, which was minimal.

@Hannelore.8153 said:I'm not sure if this thread is a joke, but I have my Ele in mostly glass gear (Marshal's w/ Celestial trinkets), and I only barely struggle in most content, even the latest stories and meta events, and that's the weakest class defense wise and a glassy support gear combination.

And even if they did, i doubt theyd understand how to use it. Given how large the disparity of DPS is between average players and good players.

You're basically saying here that the average player is a moron

Well, I offered a thread about challange in Group events and many people said they are way too hard anyways and that they would like to see a reduction in difficulty.

Depends on the content. Many events/hero challenges are fairly difficult for 1 -3 casual players, but LW episodes are way too easy and just require spamming 1 most of the time a battle occurs (Icebrood Saga's been a joke so far in terms of story difficulty, and that's with playing a core build ele). Expacs are well balanced imo, but require you to know how to play your class (or just die/res repeatedly until the content is cleared).

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

-always-

Not me. Anet has given the qoute on the massive DPS disparity. Im sure alot of can be put down to no reason to try*(not how i feel about it) in open world, but hey say what you want on that.

@Dante.1763 said:

-always-

Not me. Anet has given the qoute on the massive DPS disparity. Im sure alot of can be put down to no reason to try*(not how i feel about it) in open world, but hey say what you want on that.

Probably because the open world doesn't resist at all and falls down to spamming autos. But still, you doubt they would be able to understand a build? that's low