New Shiver Emote

Tony.8659

People talk about "play how you want" a lot when discussing this game, and what it means to me isn't "put in minimal effort, get max reward", it's more like "put in good effort in your game mode of choice, get max reward". Renown hearts are a perfect example of what drew me into GW2 in the first place: The ability to choose my path to rewards.

Some ways are more efficient than others, but previously you could put in the time and eventually get to your goal without having to complete everything introduced in an update. It used to mean providing more achievements than needed to get meta rewards or more mastery points than needed to unlock and complete mastery tracks, ensuring people could play the portions of the game they enjoyed without feeling pushed into one mode or another.

A story meta reward should be as accessible in some fashion whether you prefer PvE or PvP, solo play or group modes. Currently it isn't. I hope that gets looked at not just for the shiver emote, but for all metas going forward.

The majority of GW2 players have no interest in strike missions or raids. Stop trying to force us into it. Stop trying to force GW2 to be like other grindy raid-focused MMOs. We came here to get away from that stuff. Put the emote in the WvW reward track. Even better, put a whole book of emotes in the gem store. People would snap it up in a heartbeat, and the RP community would grow. One of the weaknesses of GW2 has always been a lack of animated emotes. WoW has dozens. Get with it, Anet.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Jimbru.6014" said:One of the weaknesses of GW2 has always been a lack of animated emotes. WoW has dozens. Get with it, Anet.

What's more embarrassing, GW1 has significantly more emotes as well. It might even have more than WoW.

Its stranger still given how many emotes from GW1 when typed in GW2 dont trigger the "invalid emote" pop up.

So we get a new update today (2/11) but Anet still does not want to add the Shiver emote to the PVP/WvW reward track. Anet please comment. It was ok with the Rockout emote but now it's not? Thanks for giving us a choice on how to obtain this emote it seems there is only one. Thanks for forcing us to grind for this simple emote. I'm pretty disappointed in Anet now. I will be surprised even if they look at this post. smh It's like they took that phrase from The Mandalorian "I have spoken, this is the way"

@Dante.1763 said:

@"Jimbru.6014" said:One of the weaknesses of GW2 has always been a lack of animated emotes. WoW has dozens. Get with it, Anet.

What's more embarrassing, GW1 has significantly more emotes as well. It might even have more than WoW.

Its stranger still given how many emotes from GW1 when typed in GW2 dont trigger the "invalid emote" pop up.

Because i think they started the whole bundle, but never got around to finish it, thus placeholder emotes they'll likely never finish

@Dante.1763 said:

@"Vences.7238" said:FYI: Hidden achievement "Shadows Creep" also counts towards meta.

My count above included all the hidden achievements that count. One still needs 8 strike achievements.

Edit: if every single achievement added in the release counted towards the meta(not including the Drakkar, or Skyscale ones, but the ones only in the story section) im seeing youd need about half the required strike achievements.

When I counted, it was more like six. Maybe five as this was before I got the achievement for getting hit by a falling ice thing.

@"Tony.8659" said:Well after seeing how the emote actually looks, I'm not too interested.

This is no way worth 37 achievements. Maybe 15. But they really should add it to the reward track when you complete it.

what did you expect from /shiver? your char will run like crazy because it's cold?

Well after doing the achievments I finally got the useless emote: https://ibb.co/xFCym9LI will say it was the worst grind I did ever, def not worth the amount of grind for a simple emote. Now rockout was great, Arenanet gave us players a choice, achievements or PVP/WvW reward track. TBH I did not have a good time at all doing them, just did them to be complete. Never will I return to do that again. Arenanet in the future if you do give us new emotes I suggest you give all players a choice on how to obtain them. Just follow what you did for the rockout emote, that is all I'm asking it is not much. smh

I just did it to be complete, to have all the emotes. All I'm asking is for Arenanet to follow what they did for the rockout emote. Obtain it in PvP/WvW or map achievments. You know if everyone liked how they obtained the rockout emote with a choice on how to get it, it should have stayed that way with this one, why upset most players. With a choice you can make a lot more players happy.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:There were many videos online showcasing the emote. If it was “worthless”, why do the grind to unlock it? Especially if you’re upset about the grind.Some people are completionists.

@Tony.8659 said:All I'm asking is for Arenanet to follow what they did for the rockout emote. Obtain it in PvP/WvW or map achievements.Anet not doing that is almost equal to flipping the bird.If the emote says implies there were multiple ways to get it, Anet has to implement multiple ways.

But this episodes achievements with their disgusting grinds after grinds after grinds shows that Anet is not confident in the longevity of the content without such cheap and player time devaluing strategies.

• 5 months later...