Revenant stunbreak on legend swap removal

torben.1532

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

@Xca.9721 said:Let´s say you need a stunbreak while being on Glint, Facet of Darkness is on CD, you swap legend, use RS and you are already down on 10 energy.. I wish that at least the weapon skills didn´t use energy (since they already have a CD) so that we had more left for the utility skills. I get that certain legend skills do too much, but rather than increasing the energy cost, nerf the skill itself. It´s better to be able to use a decent skill more often than never using a rly good skill because it´s too expensive.

That's why the real screw is 40e for Riposting shadows, which is an overnerf for the same reasons that Rite of the great dwarf and Jade Winds are rarely cast. The closer an e cost for a skill gets to 50 it exponentially removes the skill from play, not linearly.

So now if Revs choose shiro for a legend, they effectively only have 1 stunbreak, and another skill that trades a stun for a silence. No other skill is getting nerfed this hard, which says that either Anet isn't fully aware of just how prohibitive 40e cost is... or they sincerely believe riposting shadows to be the most broken skill in the game right now.

So now revs have to actually pay attention to their energy usage and not spam skills without a care? I dont see why that is a problem. RS still has no cd, restores some endurance, evades, removes immob, chill, cripple, and grants fury. Its still one of the best stun breaks in the game, and an additional 10 energy cost is just to try and keep it in line with other cd nerfs to stun breaks.

Have you ever even played Rev? Revenants already don't spam Riposting shadows. You get 50e per swap and RS costs 30e. You literally cannot spam the skill unless you are playing some meme build with charged mists which 99% of Revenants do not use.

At 40e you will have 10e after using the skill. You won't even be able to use it anymore most of the time.

Most of the stunbreaks you see on Rev are empty vessel.

@Gwaihir.1745 said:I think the rev break should go but the class has underlying issues that make the removal hurt more than it should.

Nah. Removing Empty Vessel is actually fine. It was a get out of jail free that cost no resources on a class based around resource management.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:

@"Xca.9721" said:Let´s say you need a stunbreak while being on Glint, Facet of Darkness is on CD, you swap legend, use RS and you are already down on 10 energy.. I wish that at least the weapon skills didn´t use energy (since they already have a CD) so that we had more left for the utility skills. I get that certain legend skills do too much, but rather than increasing the energy cost, nerf the skill itself. It´s better to be able to use a decent skill more often than never using a rly good skill because it´s too expensive.

That's why the real screw is 40e for Riposting shadows, which is an overnerf for the same reasons that Rite of the great dwarf and Jade Winds are rarely cast. The closer an e cost for a skill gets to 50 it exponentially removes the skill from play, not linearly.

So now if Revs choose shiro for a legend, they effectively only have 1 stunbreak, and another skill that trades a stun for a silence. No other skill is getting nerfed this hard, which says that either Anet isn't fully aware of just how prohibitive 40e cost is... or they sincerely believe riposting shadows to be the most broken skill in the game right now.

So now revs have to actually pay attention to their energy usage and not spam skills without a care? I dont see why that is a problem. RS still has no cd, restores some endurance, evades, removes immob, chill, cripple, and grants fury. Its still one of the best stun breaks in the game, and an additional 10 energy cost is just to try and keep it in line with other cd nerfs to stun breaks.

Have you ever even played Rev? Revenants already don't spam Riposting shadows. You get 50e per swap and RS costs 30e. You literally cannot spam the skill unless you are playing some meme build with charged mists which 99% of Revenants do not use.

At 40e you will have 10e after using the skill. You won't even be able to use it anymore most of the time.

"Spam" is a figure of speech, obviously revs cant use RS non stop. Right now revs can carelessly use all their energy on damage skills since they can stunbreak for free every 10 seconds. Without empty vessel revs will need to pay much closer attention to their energy so they can use defensive utility when its needed, which I dont see as a bad change.

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

@"Xca.9721" said:Let´s say you need a stunbreak while being on Glint, Facet of Darkness is on CD, you swap legend, use RS and you are already down on 10 energy.. I wish that at least the weapon skills didn´t use energy (since they already have a CD) so that we had more left for the utility skills. I get that certain legend skills do too much, but rather than increasing the energy cost, nerf the skill itself. It´s better to be able to use a decent skill more often than never using a rly good skill because it´s too expensive.

"Spam" is a figure of speech, obviously revs cant use RS non stop. Right now revs can carelessly use all their energy on damage skills since they can stunbreak for free every 10 seconds. Without empty vessel revs will need to pay much closer attention to their energy so they can use defensive utility when its needed, which I dont see as a bad change.

Which is why I am talking about RS and not empty vessel.

Empty vessel getting nerfed is good and requiring energy to break a cc is an overall good change for the class that will cut down on a lot of the overly aggressive playstyles.

But RS to 40e is the wrong nerf for RS for reasons I have already stated. The skill is not good enough to warrant elite skill cost.